The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Yaboi
Pretty much a day to day run through of everyday for a month, you have to write 4 emails and 2 reports.

Of-course you need to prioritise but the hardest part is the sheer amount of information you have to understand to know what to answer first/who takes priority.

There was like 5 pages of pure text that we had to cover within the 45 minutes and the reports were both limited to 300 words.

Ah..thank you for your insight. Best of luck with your job application!
I know it's not relevant, but how comes PKF still exists after merging with BDO?

their ranking seems a little odd.
Original post by Lawstuden808
By on hold do you mean you're waiting for the webinar invite?

I've been told I've passed at the testing stage, but will get told if I progress to a telephone interview after they've reviewed applications. I called up asking why I hadn't been invited to a webinar when other Transaction candidates had, and all they gave was a generic "we are busy" response and said they'd look to inform me of an outcome soon...
Original post by PPEStudent2307
I've been told I've passed at the testing stage, but will get told if I progress to a telephone interview after they've reviewed applications. I called up asking why I hadn't been invited to a webinar when other Transaction candidates had, and all they gave was a generic "we are busy" response and said they'd look to inform me of an outcome soon...

I was told to wait for a link to the webinar, and that I'd receive it within two weeks, but i still haven't received anything!
Original post by Yaboi
Pretty much a day to day run through of everyday for a month, you have to write 4 emails and 2 reports.

Of-course you need to prioritise but the hardest part is the sheer amount of information you have to understand to know what to answer first/who takes priority.

There was like 5 pages of pure text that we had to cover within the 45 minutes and the reports were both limited to 300 words.

Hiya, thanks for all the tips posted in this thread :smile:

Just wondering, how long do the emails need to be?
Original post by popcornjpg
Been waiting for over 2 weeks to schedule my partner interview for a school leaver position at PwC. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

Hi,
How long did you have to wait for the result of your AC?

Thanks
Original post by atgbal12
Hi,
How long did you have to wait for the result of your AC?

Thanks

5 days
Reply 247
Hi,
I have a first round Interview with Deloitte this week and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with that, and can offer some help.

Thanks
Reply 248
been 10 working days but still no news from ey regarding tele interview for transactions. :frown:
Reply 249
Original post by e^x
been 10 working days but still no news from ey regarding tele interview for transactions. :frown:

same here. have you been invited to the webinar?
Reply 250
Original post by audy
same here. have you been invited to the webinar?

Nope
Original post by xyz321
Hi,
I have a first round Interview with Deloitte this week and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with that, and can offer some help.

Thanks

I'm also trying to find info for my first round interview. What service line have you applied for?
Anyone attended an EY assessment centre yet? If so did you find the exercises?
Original post by nick6565

I've got mine on friday so can feedback then.
Original post by nick6565

Original post by big4applicant
I've got mine on friday so can feedback then.

What service lines did you apply for and which location? I've been on hold for an AC date for Indirect Tax London for about 3 weeks now.
Original post by hodgey111
What service lines did you apply for and which location? I've been on hold for an AC date for Indirect Tax London for about 3 weeks now.

Financial Consulting - IT & Risk Assurance
Reply 256
Original post by big4applicant
I'm also trying to find info for my first round interview. What service line have you applied for?

Risk Advisory - Risk Analytics, you?
Original post by xyz321
Risk Advisory - Risk Analytics, you?

Tech consulting. Still waiting for a date though.
Reply 258
I heard some1's app for transactions at EY got changed to assurance as all positions are filled. :frown:
Applied on the 20th and got this email over 2 weeks ago....

At this point, we have received an unprecedented amount of applications and are working to address a significant volume of candidates that have expressed interest in this opportunity.

We will endeavour to contact you once we are in a position to confirm next steps and thank you for your patience.

....still waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending