Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    I can't think of a good one, and yet it is banned throughout the world and there are people in the West who think it should be banned in Western countries.
    These delusional, religious half-whits are very counter-productive in what they try to do. They force homosexuals to live a heterosexual life causing them to have offspring, which inherit their homosexual parent's mentality, and then they themselves become homosexuals. Interestingly, it's been suggested that the average intelligence of some places has been going down since less homosexual individuals are having children and living life in their own way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    To be fair, incest could be brother and sister - which, if they're both old enough to consent, is not something I see as particularly wrong.

Though I doubt they meant it in that way.
    And the point changes because? Daughter-father, mother-som, daughter-son, brother-sister; it doesn't matter.

That is what they said. I don't care what they meant. They should learn to articulate their ideas better, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    These delusional, religious half-whits are very counter-productive in what they try to do. They force homosexuals to live a heterosexual life causing them to have offspring, which inherit their homosexual parent's mentality, and then they themselves become homosexuals. Interestingly, it's been suggested that the average intelligence of some places has been going down since less homosexual individuals are having children and living life in their own way.
    You know homosexuality isn't necessarily hereditary? If a gay man has a child, they won't necessarily be gay as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Not at all. You're trying to say two men ****ing is the same as a daughter and father ****ing. How you draw that conclusion is unknown to me.
    How you seem to define incest as being primarily between a father and daughter is also invalid... there's incest between cousins, siblings etc. and if it's consensual sex I don't see it being that worse than homosexual relations.

ReputationRep:
    You sound just as half-witted. "Inherit parent's homosexuality", or rather their ''mentality" - oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    This being the first sentence is not a good sign for what the rest of your post could possibly be saying. It's a precursor to serious comprehension errors. My last post went completely over your head obviously. Again, over population isn't a huge concern in general...and even if it is, it's certainly not going to make opting out of having kids while you can in fact have them some noble gesture. Are you serious?
    You've picked out one sentence and failed to respond to my other points. The bold sounds like a cop out to be honest. And no, I don't think it's a bad thing if people opt not to have children, especially in overpopulated parts of the world. It certainly does not make them "selfish" as you have suggested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrey_lh)
    How you seem to define incest as being primarily between a father and daughter is also invalid... there's incest between cousins, siblings etc. and if it's consensual sex I don't see it being that worse than homosexual relations.
    Hang on, sorry, where did I define it as that? It was an example. If you can't argue properly, don't bother, period.

ReputationRep:
    And the point changes because? Daughter-father, mother-som, daughter-son, brother-sister; it doesn't matter.

That is what they said. I don't care what they meant. They should learn to articulate their ideas better, then.
    Because, if they consent (which also means they're both of age), what's the problem? They're not hurting anyone with it. Yes, babies born are more likely to have genetic aberrations, so just don't have children.

ReputationRep:

Well to someone who does not support homosexuality, whatever the form gay sex comes in it doesn't matter- it's still unnatural in the same way you see incest as completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Because, if they consent (which also means they're both of age), what's the problem? They're not hurting anyone with it. Yes, babies born are more likely to have genetic aberrations, so just don't have children.
    I'm not discussing whether its okay or not - really, I'm not trying to insult you but why is nobody actually reading the points made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrey_lh)
    Well to someone who does not support homosexuality, whatever the form gay sex comes in it doesn't matter- it's still unnatural in the same way you see incest as completely wrong.
    And in that way, you can draw an overlap. That has **** all to do with family dynamics and my point about the distortion of familial relations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    There is not any other reason. But people seem to think that religious reasons are not as acceptable as non-religious reasons, for some reason.
    Maybe because religious reasons are just random crap some guy made up thousands of years ago. I dont know just my say on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not discussing whether its okay or not - really, I'm not trying to insult you but why is nobody actually reading the points made?
    The only points I've seen raised are the ones I've responded to, to you and to a few others: comparing incest and homosexuality, protesting religious freedoms, and suggesting that homosexuality is hereditary.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, sorry, where did I define it as that? It was an example. If you can't argue properly, don't bother, period.
    Oh I'm sorry you didn't get my point that it's whether or not the sex is consensual that matters rather than the relationship.
    I'm just saying homosexuality in that sense is quite similar to incest! I'm not saying one's better than the other or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    What is there to be scared of? We're not going to suck your blood nor we bite. ( I wouldn't mind sucking your blood though :sexface: )
    I think that's called being a vampire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    Maybe because religious reasons are just random crap some guy made up thousands of years ago. I dont know just my say on the matter.
    I say let people have their religions if it helps them face the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlassyMarbles)
    I'd like to say beforehand that I absolutely don't support homophobia; I have the misfortune of knowing some against homosexuality that are mostly otherwise good people.

- Increased chance of STDs
    - "Unnatural"; little to no accounts of it pre-20th century
    - Possible eventual proliferation may lead to human extinction [I know, I know, this is so stupid]
    - Acceptance of homosexuality may lead to increased bestiality and objectophilia due to "the influence that you can have sex with anything now"
    There many accounts to homosexuality since the beginning writing. Everyone knew gay people existed. Some supported them, some didn't support them, some didn't care whether they were gay or not.

Also, there's a theory that homosexuality exists as a form of population control and to help a child have more parents (the mother, the father and the gay brothers and sisters and their boyfriends and girlfriends, respectively, so the child would grow up well and protected.

ReputationRep:
    And in that way, you can draw an overlap. That has **** all to do with family dynamics and my point about the distortion of familial relations.
    So you're basically saying that it's just the fact that incest is in the family that makes it wrong.
    Well I could also say that the fact that homosexuality is between two people of the same sex makes it wrong- both arguments are pretty much the same.

ReputationRep:
    You know homosexuality isn't necessarily hereditary? If a gay man has a child, they won't necessarily be gay as well.
    Genetics accounts for around 40% of the chance of a person being homosexual by itself. Consider a homosexual parent as an environmental factor, and the percentage chance will climb even higher, hence, the counter-productivity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Consider a homosexual parent as an environmental factor, and the percentage chance will climb even higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is more that with a homosexual parent, a homosexual child will be less afraid to come out and will not attempt to suppress anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.