Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maz0110)
    Well it depends because some are doing it on Tuesday due to the moon not being sighted as a new moon tonight. It depends on whether you follow the lunar calender or not.
    yh, some are doing it tomorro some on tues, but its been confirmed in saudi and every yr we follow wht they say

ReputationRep:
    SO EXCITEDDDDDD :yay:

Ive been looking forward to this month all year...nothing can compare to the feeling Ramadaan brings :ahee:

I hate that my lady calendar is such that I miss the first few and the last few. I always miss out on the fun parts :sad:

I've realised that I'll be pretty occupied by exams this year though so I'm essentially expecting Ramadan to fly by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia.f)
    Good luck
    Thank you. I think.

ReputationRep:
    We're doing it on Tuesday here, well according to our local Mosque anyway. Not sure who to follow
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    We're doing it on Tuesday here, well according to our local Mosque anyway. Not sure who to follow
    Atleast I found a fellow Muslim fasting on Tuesday as well. :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I hate that my lady calendar is such that I miss the first few and the last few. I always miss out on the fun parts :sad:

I've realised that I'll be pretty occupied by exams this year though so I'm essentially expecting Ramadan to fly by
    Mine is literally the same 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Atleast I found a fellow Muslim fasting on Tuesday as well. :hello:
    I know two more people starting on Tuesday, rest are starting on Monday lol. But I hate this, it feels weird not fasting tomorrow when some many other people are :indiff:

RAMADAN MUBARAK EVERYONE
    FAV MONTH IS FINALLY HERE

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I know two more people starting on Tuesday, rest are starting on Monday lol. But I hate this, it feels weird not fasting tomorrow when some many other people are :indiff:
    I know it is weird, my auntie does it according to Saudi and while we are fasting for the final time, most people are celebrating Eid and I find it so strange why it's always split.

ReputationRep:
    I swear it is Tuesday though?
    My calendar says Tuesday too so confused
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    My calendar says Tuesday too so confused
    I'd say ask the local Mosque or watch Noor TV or something, they told us ours was on Tuesday as we follow the nearest Muslim country.

ReputationRep:
    it dont really matter what day you start as long as you follow the mosque your in the right. even if it was the wrong day your not punishable because it was the mosques verdict not yours.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say ask the local Mosque or watch Noor TV or something, they told us ours was on Tuesday as we follow the nearest Muslim country.
    The mosque we follow are starting on Tuesday too!

It's just so confusing because some people I know are starting theirs tomorrow! At least I know now some people are starting on Tuesday too
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    The mosque we follow are starting on Tuesday too!

It's just so confusing because some people I know are starting theirs tomorrow! At least I know now some people are starting on Tuesday too
    I know I find it so confusing, like why is it all different but I'm glad mine isn't on Monday as I feel so underprepared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    SO EXCITEDDDDDD :yay:

Ive been looking forward to this month all year...nothing can compare to the feeling Ramadaan brings :ahee:
    Good!

im v excited too, esp for taraweeh in the mosque

ReputationRep:
    I know it is weird, my auntie does it according to Saudi and while we are fasting for the final time, most people are celebrating Eid and I find it so strange why it's always split.
    I think it depends on which school of thought you follow. Hanafi follow I think Saudi or the first country to spot it (so don't skip a day).

Whereas Shafi'i, follow the nearest country (in our case Morocco). We follow the Hanafi school of thought so should be doing it tomorrow, but our mosque for some reason says otherwise (but our Imams like to be different all the time anyway :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strikeh)
    it dont really matter what day you start as long as you follow the mosque your in the right. even if it was the wrong day your not punishable because it was the mosques verdict not yours.

couldnt agree more
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I think it depends on which school of thought you follow. Hanafi follow I think Saudi or the first country to spot it (so don't skip a day).

Whereas Shafi'i, follow the nearest country (in our case Morocco). We follow the Hanafi school of thought so should be doing it tomorrow, but our mosque for some reason says otherwise (but our Imams like to be different all the time anyway :lol:)
    Ah right, it confuses me half of the time, I'd rather everyone do it together to be fair because half of the people will be celebrating Eid while the rest are still fasting. Can't wait for Ramadan in Winter.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=hxfsxh;65479437]Ramadan is on Tuesday for the UK though, right? because only Saudi Arabia have sighted the moon and I'm pretty sure there's a hadith that states you should observe Ramadan when your own country sees the moon.[/QUOTE

Yeah exactly you should see it in your own country!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.