Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a reason why this doesn't happen in the UK. They need to change the gun laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    You're always telling people to grow up yet you're the one who is forcing everyone to believe what you believe.
    No - this isn't a belief, it's fact. Gays were targeted, at a gay venue, for being gay. This was made clear and plainly put by the gunman's own father.

Don't have to be anti-queer all your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.feed)
    There's a reason why this doesn't happen in the UK. They need to change the gun laws.
    It happened in France.

And guns are illegal to own there.

You lose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Our society?

Nope, that's not true.
    are you kidding me right now. I'm gay. you know what I have to listen to every day at school? people naming things 'gay' as an insult. I have to listen to people throw around the words 'f*ggot' and 'd*ke' like the words 'stupid' or 'dumb'. I have been called both and it hurts more each time that people dont understand the impact. I had to wake up today to discover that some idiot valued his life over mine, and many others of the community. I had to read that someone was on their way to pride in LA with a car full of guns after I was planning to ask my recently out friend to pride london. I have to listen to idiots like you pretend homophobia isnt an issue.

are you gay? have you personally experienced homophobia? I doubt it because you dont understand that heteronormativity is still an issue and that gay people have to personally out themselves to every new person they speak to because people still presume everyone is straight unless it is obvious they are not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA)
    It happened in France.

You lose

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just because it doesn't stop it, it doesn't mean you shouldn't take that measure

there's a sizeable chance that this gunman committed this shooting because of how easily guns are brought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.feed)
    Guns are legal in the UK, you just need a license and police clearance for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Then, we should also talk about who the perpetrator was- a Muslim. Don't erase that.
    Not erasing it, it just isnt as important to me as it is that he killed LGBT community members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    are you kidding me right now. I'm gay. you know what I have to listen to every day at school? people naming things 'gay' as an insult. I have to listen to people throw around the words 'f*ggot' and 'd*ke' like the words 'stupid' or 'dumb'. I have been called both and it hurts more each time that people dont understand the impact. I had to wake up today to discover that some idiot valued his life over mine, and many others of the community. I had to read that someone was on their way to pride in LA with a car full of guns after I was planning to ask my recently out friend to pride london. I have to listen to idiots like you pretend homophobia isnt an issue.

are you gay? have you personally experienced homophobia? I doubt it because you dont understand that heteronormativity is still an issue and that gay people have to personally out themselves to every new person they speak to because people still presume everyone is straight unless it is obvious they are not
    A few comments are not comparable with mass murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    Not erasing it, it just isnt as important to me as it is that he killed LGBT community members

What a selfish point of view you have.

You are seemingly only bothered as the victims were gay, and don't care as much about who caused the incident, meaning that you are not too bothered about stopping future attacks. As I have said before, most of the victims would have been liberals and have partly led to their own deaths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA)
    It happened in France.

You lose

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And how many mass shootings were there in France in 2015, what, 2 or 3? I doubt it was more than a handful. And in the UK there were 0.

In the US however, there were 372 mass shootings in 2015.

There will always be isolated incidents no matter what laws you pass, but that doesn't mean there's no point to changing the laws, the shooter was previously on the FBI radar and is reported to have had problems with anger and violence according to his ex-wife, yet was easily able to purchase the weapons just a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, to all those who think this wins Trump support:

http://time.com/4365411/orlando-shoo...weet-congrats/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)

A few tweeters =/= the American electorate. This entire incident has played right into Trump's hands. It's inevitable it will increase his support, rightly or wrongly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    A few tweeters =/= the American electorate. This entire incident has played right into Trump's hands. It's inevitable it will increase his support, rightly or wrongly.
    I'm simply showing that yet again, Trump turns to being divisive rather than respectful of the actual situation, manipulating it for his politics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm simply showing that yet again, Trump turns to being divisive rather than respectful of the actual situation, manipulating it for his politics.
    Yes, you should not try to address the problem and instead should just say how sad you are, change your Facebook photo and then forget all about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you should not try to address the problem and instead should just say how sad you are, change your Facebook photo and then forget all about it.
    Big words from someone who thinks all gays are left wing

ReputationRep:

What's wrong with his tweet?

ReputationRep:
    He did neither. Offering condolences before you know the first thing about what has actually gone down, is a sign of respect. Start learning how world affairs work instead of getting so wrapped in petty rhetoric about serving only yourselves. That is not how the world works, buddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    What's wrong with his tweet?
    It's disrespectful - rather than actually focusing on what happened and sharing his condolences, he uses it for a political end. 50 people have been murdered. Nobody needs to hear some bitter bickering from a blonde orange.

ReputationRep:
    It's disrespectful - rather than actually focusing on what happened and sharing his condolences, he uses it for a political end. 50 people have been murdered. Nobody needs to hear some bitter bickering from a blonde orange.
    So you think he's got no sympathy?

What's this tweet then?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...19961946791939

Trump taken out of context, again.

#chatshitgetbanged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    Big words from someone who thinks all gays are left wing

and when did I say that? You wouldn't be preforming the typical leftist trait of lying / deliberately misportraying my words would you?

He did neither. Offering condolences before you know the first thing about what has actually gone down, is a sign of respect. Start learning how world affairs work instead of getting so wrapped in petty rhetoric about serving only yourselves. That is not how the world works, buddy.
    You tried to actually blame Trump for the attack, you are actually paranoid. We know what has happened, an Islamic terrorist attack has occurred, what exactly do you want him to wait for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.