Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    You've missed the point. Why nitpick to such a degree?
    Depending on what is being discussed, It doesn't really matter if someone decides to address the God of Abrahamic Monotheism as one entity/concept.
    Addressing misconceptions is not nitpicking, I'm trying to set you right. The God of Israel and Christianity is not the same as the god described in the Qu'ran and never will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snooppuppy420)
    lol go and sell some weed m9
    I know you didn't come in here to post anything even slightly intelligent, you're in here to wind me up, so welcome yourself to my ignore list. when I'm arsed enough to edit you in. Till then I'll just iggy you on my own, no problem anything else mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snooppuppy420)
    Why do you post on here? Do you even go to school? Chav.
    What a horrible thing to call someone. Who do you think you even are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Or for god's sake who's reported me.

I thought you meant sarcastically do I know Him personally as in, He's not my personal friend so why would I get angry defending Him. I literally thought you were saying that. But yes I'm trying to get closer to God, definitely. For now I'm an apologist of Christianity till I become better spiritually.
    No I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being deadly serious haha. The only way you can get closer to God is by repenting of your Sin and asking Jesus to forgive you and to invite him into your heart. If you faith is genuine He will Save you and you will enter into a personal relationship with Him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I'm sorry the truth hurts but the Allah as depicted in the Qu'ran (yes, I've read the Qu'ran before you ask) is nothing like the loving God of Christianity. He is horrible, no offense

Exactly, so you get into heaven by doing good works, right?
    You get into heaven by faith in Allah
    Allah is described much differently in the Qur'an so you obviously haven't read it.
    Al-Rahman, Al-Raheem: The Beneficent, The Merciful
    Al-Salam: The Peace
    Al-Bari: The curer
    Al-Ghaffar: The forgiver

ReputationRep:
    :\

No I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being deadly serious haha. The only way you can get closer to God is by repenting of your Sin and asking Jesus to forgive you and to invite him into your heart. If you faith is genuine He will Save you and you will enter into a personal relationship with Him
    I keep asking for forgiveness when I truly recognise it's wrong but I wonder if He believes me. I don't worry too much about that though, I just honestly try to be better.

ReputationRep:
    I am a god
    Even though I'm a man of god
    My whole life in the hands of god
    So y'all better quit playing with god

ReputationRep:
    They haven't altered it, the copied manuscripts have much greater historical accuracy than the works of Homer, I believe.
    But they have, and they admit they have. Go look it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kemalasik)
    You get into heaven by faith in Allah
    Allah is described much differently in the Qur'an so you obviously haven't read it.
    Al-Rahman, Al-Raheem: The Beneficent, The Merciful
    Al-Salam: The Peace
    Al-Bari: The curer
    Al-Ghaffar: The forgiver
    Listen, you can give Allah as many nice names as you want but it doesn't change who he is. He is Satan.

''2 Corinthians 11:14: And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light''

Compare the teachings of Allah/ Mohammed to the teachings of Jesus. There is no competition

ReputationRep:
    Listen, you can give Allah as many nice names as you want but it doesn't change who he is. He is Satan.

''2 Corinthians 11:14: And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light''

Compare the teachings of Allah/ Mohammed to the teachings of Jesus. There is no competition
    I feel sorry for you and how blind you are. The true teachings of Islam are of peace towards everything Allah has deemed to be right.
    Just like in Christianity, peace to everything God deems to be right. I am not going to attack Christianity like you have attacked Islam as I will not stoop to your pathetically low level.

ReputationRep:
    But they have, and they admit they have. Go look it up
    Yes, they may have changed some words whilst in the process of translating but the fact remains that there is astounding similarity between the oldest copies of the Bible and the newest ones and there is spades (no pun intended) of archaeological evidence to support some of the historical events recorded in the Bible. You go and look it up. They won't have changed the meaning of it because the Bible itself condemns anyone who changed the meaning of the Bible to lose their place in heaven. Do you think Christians would really take that chance?

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for you and how blind you are. The true teachings of Islam are of peace towards everything Allah has deemed to be right.
    Just like in Christianity, peace to everything God deems to be right. I am not going to attack Christianity like you have attacked Islam as I will not stoop to your pathetically low level.
    Don't feel sorry for me, I'm going to heaven and I have 100% confidence in this because of the promises of the mighty God of Israel and Jesus

I pity you, you have no guarantee of where you're going after you die and you do not know, either.

ReputationRep:
    Addressing misconceptions is not nitpicking, I'm trying to set you right. The God of Israel and Christianity is not the same as the god described in the Qu'ran and never will be
    But how is it a misconception?
    The religions have the same origin, and similar concepts, so that's why people generalise and group them under the same umbrella.

ReputationRep:
    :\

I keep asking for forgiveness when I truly recognise it's wrong but I wonder if He believes me. I don't worry too much about that though, I just honestly try to be better.
    But have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Saviour yet? Your effort is commendable but remember good works won't get you into heaven. ''It is by faith we are saved, through Grace, not works, lest any man boast.''

ReputationRep:
    No you can't say the Bible and then the Koran. Pick the religion you have an issue with. Since the murderer is Islamic we'll discuss Islam. Too bad I'm not Islamic. Which is why I'm saying leave Christianity out of this. He's not Muslim. If you want to know why Omar did this, open the Koran to see where it would say kill gays>go to heaven, if it says that.

Anyway no Omar, if he were Christian, wouldn't go to Heaven obviously. He murdered :nothing:...

But will he go to Muslim heaven, who knows? Again the answer is in the Koran...he did this for Islam. Ask Islam if he'll go to heaven.

And don't ask me why or if God even is selective lol I'm not God.
    You kind of need to know a little about the religion to have a discussion on it. I'm Muslim. I've read the Qur'an and it's translation. I've also read the Bible. I don't think you've read the Qur'an. Anyone who takes a innocent's life goes to hell. It's that simple. But religious books contradict themselves a lot. Obviously, you have to look at the context of the verses but people nowadays don't do that. This isn't the point.

Point is, don't tell me that God is good when you can never be sure if he even exists. You can have faith but you can't KNOW it till you die.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel sorry for me, I'm going to heaven and I have 100% confidence in this because of the promises of the mighty God of Israel and Jesus

I pity you, you have no guarantee of where you're going after you die and you do not know, either.
    Nobody has a guarantee, this is why you are ignorant. Do you really think that getting into eternal paradise would be that simple.
    I'll pray for you whenever I can, peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    But how is it a misconception?
    The religions have the same origin, and similar concepts, so that's why people generalise and group them under the same umbrella.
    It's a misconception because the teachings of Jesus are nothing like the teachings of Allah/ Mohammed. Go read the NT then read the Qu'ran. You will see there is a big difference between what Mohammed preached and what Jesus preached.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayce.x)
    You kind of need to know a little about the religion to have a discussion on it. I'm Muslim. I've read the Qur'an and it's translation. I've also read the Bible. I don't think you've read the Qur'an. Anyone who takes a innocent's life goes to hell. It's that simple. But religious books contradict themselves a lot. Obviously, you have to look at the context of the verses but people nowadays don't do that. This isn't the point.

Point is, don't tell me that God is good when you can never be sure if he even exists. You can have faith but you can't KNOW it till you die.

But have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Saviour yet? Your effort is commendable but remember good works won't get you into heaven. ''It is by faith we are saved, through Grace, not works, lest any man boast.''
    I don't know how to prove it to you on here. Just take my word for it. It's not boasting. There are people who know the word by heart but never apply it. My efforts to apply it to my life everyday can't be explained here I'm afraid. But your support is definitely appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    People generalise religion because they don't know, because they refuse to. They also might be short of some brain cells.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody has a guarantee, this is why you are ignorant. Do you really think that getting into eternal paradise would be that simple.
    I'll pray for you whenever I can, peace.
    You are wrong:

John 5:24 ESV / 288 helpful votes Helpful Not HelpfulTruly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 8:31-32 ESV / 181 helpful votes Helpful Not HelpfulSo Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 10:28 ESV / 139 helpful votes Helpful Not HelpfulI give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

1 John 5:10-13 ESV / 130 helpful votes Helpful Not HelpfulWhoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

1 John 5:13 ESV / 113 helpful votes Helpful Not HelpfulI write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.There are many more besides

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.