Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    The stupidity and ignorance of your remark amuses me.
    It sickens me to think that anyone could possibly believe that Islam should be exempt from all criticism and no other ideology should. Seriously, what's wrong with people like you?

Islam is NOT special and it deserves NO protections. Only an Islamic extremist would think otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    It sickens me to think that anyone could possibly believe that Islam should be exempt from all criticism and no other ideology should. Seriously, what's wrong with people like you?

Islam is NOT special and it deserves NO protections. Only an Islamic extremist would think otherwise.
    Did I say it was? I don't remember that post...

It's your afterlife. Just think carefully before making any decisions.

(Original post by shivam_chauhan)
    Are you dumb? of course it bloody does
    No it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)

I am actually genuinely surprised at how ignorant you are being, as I perceived you as an intelligent guy. I am not going to hate on an innocent group of people because individuals within that group are hateful and enact violence.
    Lmao I'm unintelligent because I disagree with you? I never said hate anyone. I said open your eyes and take off your blurry rose coloured glasses. You literally said Mateen did what he did because of mental issues. Erm that can't be proved. But him joining a group with Islamic foundation can be and has been proved and it is the direct reason that led him to do what he did. I never said ISIL represents Islam, I've said this in other threads time and time again. But it still practices aspects of Islam.

(Original post by TheStudent19)
    I don't think I get your point my friend. How can we blame Jews for Muslims running their country's the way they do? Muslims kill other gay Muslims in the name of Islam, what does that have to do with Jews? Islam influences the way these "leaders" behave and as a result their countries oppress countless groups.
    Did you see what I said? They were ordered by God to kill off the people in a region that is now Muslim. I said it's fate why they continue to argue. I never connected this to oppression or politics, I was discussing a spiritual/religious explanation. I already repped your post and stated myself that the way many countries run by Islam is in fact cruel to their citizens. But I'm just saying what's led the beef between Jews and Muslims to this point. Their real beef is simply historic, not because of what Afghanis go through?

ReputationRep:
    You're trying to brush this off as if the problems in Muslim countries right now are just the result of a few twisted people. They're not. The problems are a result of Islam and it's teachings.

Nobody here is saying they hate Muslims personally. We're criticising the ideology and the effect it has had on the modern world.
    Lol exactly what I just said to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well the Quran wishes death on homosexuals.
    Can you please state the exact aya

ReputationRep:
    You're trying to brush this off as if the problems in Muslim countries right now are just the result of a few twisted people. They're not. The problems are a result of Islam and it's teachings.

Nobody here is saying they hate Muslims personally. We're criticising the ideology and the effect it has had on the modern world.
    yes yes yes

I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.
    First of all, fake!

Secondly, then leave, you dont need to come up on here telling everyone, jeeze!😂

Bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Did you see what I said? They were ordered by God to kill off the people in a region that is now Muslim. I said it's fate why they continue to argue. I never connected this to oppression or politics, I was discussing a spiritual/religious explanation. I already repped your post and stated myself that the way many countries run by Islam is in fact cruel to their citizens. But I'm just saying what's led the beef between Jews and Muslims to this point. Their real beef is simply historic, not because of what Afghanis go through?
    Oh I got you now Yeah I saw the rep thanks for that I was just confused as to where Jews came into this but I got you now.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I got you now Yeah I saw the rep thanks for that I was just confused as to where Jews came into this but I got you now.
    Cool
    First of all, fake!

Secondly, then leave, you dont need to come up on here telling everyone, jeeze!😂

Bye
    Woa there take it easy we're just discussing as we freely can, so put the knife down and back away from the baby :eek:

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day it is your choice which you chose due to experiences you have been through, people you have met, the media and now the "trigger" has made you leave Islam...

All holy books are seen by some people, as crazy and have no place in a modern society like these days. But this doesn't stop people believing in them because it is so dear to them. Maybe you have never had that connection with a religion, so spiritual that its the backbone to your life and understanding. As the world evolves so do human beings, some humans use modern day equipment to 'extend their knowledge', however people argue that holy books do not. Modern day equipment as in guns and bombs, but then you can argue that then, it is humans who are in fault in developing those objects. Although they may have been developed for a different purpose, a minority of people interpret its use differently... Can we not say the same thing about a religion? But to some people they argue, why change something (i.e a holy book) when its not 'broken' and is perfect in THEIR eyes? I emphasize on the word 'their', as they aren't yours, so i see no reason why we are dipping our nose into other peoples life?

We all have emotions and different opinions towards different things. We all see the world in a different way, but a little guidance is never wrong. Let one another do what we want and believe in what we love. As there's no point in doing something, half-heartily when your mind is not in the right place. Force, negativity and hurtful remarks never help. What ever happens, happens for a reason.

But please, I stress not to be spiteful towards something, which you know means the world to another person. Does that honestly make you a better person? Make you feel like you've won something over the other person? If yes, then I congratulate you on your low, meaningless and desperate 'win'...

So I wish everyone well in their journey to find that thing, which they cherish and cannot live without. Whether that's happiness, your faith and religion or family (:

ReputationRep:
    Need to delete this

Tbh the person who said 'it sickens me that Muslims think Islam should be exempt from all criticism', bit of a ridiculous point as Christians wouldn't openly say oh please criticise our bible. We are far from exempt, stop acting like Muslims don't suffer any criticism or discrimination. We do. Every day. Not saying we are the only group but please don't try and pretend you know the life of a Muslim when you aren't one and because you read some quotes taken out of context. I'm not going to say you should all automatically agree with the Quran, tbh if you don't read it in Quranic Arabic and understand the context then yeah you will question it. You don't think Islam anticipates this? It is fine to question things, in fact its encouraged. You're not expected to just lap everything up. No one is asking you to agree with it. Of course there is going to be disagreement and it is entirely your choice if you don't agree with the principles of Islam. But when you let that disagreement or criticism descend into a level of hatred which you can't even justify except by using randomly translated quotes taken out of context, your points become invalid because you have a prejudice. I'm sorry but when people say to me the Bible is flawed and give me quotes to show this, I don't just believe what I hear immediately. I havent read the bible so I will not give any judgement on it until I have done so. Read the Quran, explore the religion, once you have done your research and you STILL think its a hateful, horrendous religon, well thats up to you. As for the Muslims on here, let others think what they think? If they really cared about finding the truth then they would read up themselves and ensure their research is extensive. If they let it become hateful, it's them in the wrong not you.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh the person who said 'it sickens me that Muslims think Islam should be exempt from all criticism', bit of a ridiculous point as Christians wouldn't openly say oh please criticise our bible. We are far from exempt, stop acting like Muslims don't suffer any criticism or discrimination. We do. Every day. Not saying we are the only group but please don't try and pretend you know the life of a Muslim when you aren't one and because you read some quotes taken out of context. I'm not going to say you should all automatically agree with the Quran, tbh if you don't read it in Quranic Arabic and understand the context then yeah you will question it. You don't think Islam anticipates this? It is fine to question things, in fact its encouraged. You're not expected to just lap everything up. No one is asking you to agree with it. Of course there is going to be disagreement and it is entirely your choice if you don't agree with the principles of Islam. But when you let that disagreement or criticism descend into a level of hatred which you can't even justify except by using randomly translated quotes taken out of context, your points become invalid because you have a prejudice. I'm sorry but when people say to me the Bible is flawed and give me quotes to show this, I don't just believe what I hear immediately. I havent read the bible so I will not give any judgement on it until I have done so. Read the Quran, explore the religion, once you have done your research and you STILL think its a hateful, horrendous religon, well thats up to you. As for the Muslims on here, let others think what they think? If they really cared about finding the truth then they would read up themselves and ensure their research is extensive. If they let it become hateful, it's them in the wrong not you.
    Oh give me a break. I remember going to lectures all the time and it was literally a normal thing in my mosque for Muslims to ridicule Christianity simply because they have this idea that Islam is the last religion, the perfect religion and completely above everything else (if you disagree with that then you're a liar). How many Muslims claim Christianity isn't the true religion because of the idea that jesus is god and god is jesus etc. There's a lot of arrogance in the Muslim community based on constant criticism of other religions. But once someone says Islam isn't a true religion all hell breaks loose lol. Go cry elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    ISIL are Islamic extremists and are NOT representative of the millions of peaceful Islamic's.
    Lmao at referring to Muslims as "Islamics".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Lmao at referring to Muslims as "Islamics".
    Muslamic ray guns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    You actually make all the nice Muslims on here look bad. Shame really.

And btw, us "ignorants" can criticise Islamic teachings as much as we want. Sucks that you can't see all the violent parts.
    I don't see any violent parts.
    I guess they do not understand it in context and just 'cherry pick' the verses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmEye)
    Oh give me a break. I remember going to lectures all the time and it was literally a normal thing in my mosque for Muslims to ridicule Christianity simply because they have this idea that Islam is the last religion, the perfect religion and completely above everything else (if you disagree with that then you're a liar). How many Muslims claim Christianity isn't the true religion because of the idea that jesus is god and god is jesus etc. There's a lot of arrogance in the Muslim community based on constant criticism of other religions. But once someone says Islam isn't a true religion all hell breaks loose lol. Go cry elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know what masjid you went to but any idiot knows that Muslims have no right to mock other religions.

And it's not arrogance in the Muslim community, it's arrogance in the cultural community they're stuck in their ways and usually think that they're right and everyone else is wrong.

So don't give shade to Muslims saying they're arrogant, it's the individuals way of thinking which is arrogant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmEye)
    Muslamic ray guns
    That was funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am sharpening my knives join me my brothers in beheading this disgraceful person for it is written

'They wish that you should disbelieve as they disbelieve, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."

On a serious note how do your family and friends feel about it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.