Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Same! I got 8sin as well but I think I missed out a square or something

ReputationRep:
    Lets just hope grade boundaries are low. A* for 2011 was 58 and I found that easier.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember what q8 was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zintanax)
    For the one about modulus, I only got 1 answer as x = 1.5a because when you draw the graphs they only intersect once - did anyone else get that?
    I think I only got one as well - is that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Some people found it hard and some found it alright. A slightly harder than average paper.

Relieved exams are finished. Good luck to people doing C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willmb)
    Does anyone remember what g(x) was?
    g(x)=5x-4a i think

ReputationRep:
    Community mark scheme (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing) checked and corrected.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The corrections I've made are:

2(i) deleted erroneous alternative answer, added modulus signs to lnx.
    8(i) marks adjusted down to 2
    8(ii) corrected inverse of g(x)
    8(iii) marks adjusted up to 5

Lots of trig, no volumes of revolution or Simpson's rule. A tough paper if you don't like trig, and as a lot of students don't I'd say this was a slightly harder than average paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiewei)
    Lets just hope grade boundaries are low. A* for 2011 was 58 and I found that easier.
    OMG YESS!! I REALLY hope it's like 58 ish this year as well but loads of people are saying its going to be around 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrrexxxx)
    For the iterative question did you have to put the answe to 4 decimal places or 3? I did everything to 4???? How many marks have I lost? I also therefore put the intersection point to 4dp?
    I've never seen a paper penalise putting it to too many decimal places, only too few.

ReputationRep:
    i did this aswell , would we lose a mark as i assumed in modulus it cant be a negative number aswell, so would we probably get 4 marks or 5 out of 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarafitzgerald)
    I've never seen a paper penalise putting it to too many decimal places, only too few.
    I think i also put it to 4dp or 4sf, which ever one they asked initially , do you think they will deduct a mark and also for the integer one(question 3), if you wrote the answer as 31.8 or whatever it was would you lose a mark for not saying 31?

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think 57-59 marks would get in terms of ums
    and also what would 62.63 get do you reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M (jr))
    Community mark scheme (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing) checked and corrected.

Lots of trig, no volumes of revolution or Simpson's rule. A tough paper if you don't like trig, and as a lot of students don't I'd say this was a slightly harder than average paper.
    For 8(iii) how many marks would you get for only getting one value of a?

ReputationRep:
    does any body rememebr what the first integration question was for question2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsaxtho)
    Can someone go through that question 6? I had no clue :'

Yeah, how do you do q6?

ReputationRep:
    what was Q 9 ii b

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the values of tan A and tan B in one of the 8 markers, I think I got 4 for tan A

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the raw mark would be for 100 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris_t_123)
    Does anyone know the values of tan A and tan B in one of the 8 markers, I think I got 4 for tan A
    tan A: 4, -3
    tan B : 3 , -3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M (jr))

From the unofficial mark scheme I think I got anywhere between 69-59 marks (Being as harsh as possible and taking all answers I've forgotten as 0 marks for the lower bound) What range of Ums scores do you think I've gotten?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.