Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    x
    Ugh, the combat in Morrowind is so dire. It's a shame Bethesda couldn't have made a deep game like Morrowind with the much better combat of Skyrim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Ugh, the combat in Morrowind is so dire. It's a shame Bethesda couldn't have made a deep game like Morrowind with the much better combat of Skyrim.
    Yeah, the adaptive difficulty killed Oblivion and I didn't like Skyrim that much.

ReputationRep:
    The Sims 2! I still play that game and I post about it in my tumblr blog. Anyone here plays the sims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Yeah, the adaptive difficulty killed Oblivion and I didn't like Skyrim that much.
    The over reliance on quest markers rather than require reading at a 3rd grade level in Skyrim to find out where to go for quests was incredibly annoying. The main plot was pretty dull and uninspiring. I had much more fun just walking around doing all the side quests and DLC (which was actually decent)

Not to even begin on the monotone dungeons that have the exact same puzzles over and over again that you don't even have to think about, since they literally give you the answers.

Though props to Bethesda for improving the combat. Skyrim is hands down the best combat in the series. I tried doing a replay of Oblivion, and it was just painful.

ReputationRep:
    Hate to sound basic and mainstream but for me its got to be GTA 5. Three years on no game comes even close to being as in depth and detailed as that game.

ReputationRep:
    Metroid Prime, or maybe Day of the Tentacle

ReputationRep:
    Can't choose between GTA: SA or Crash bandicoot

ReputationRep:
    I would say Overwatch now if there were not the following:

A lack of maps (obviously its new but some maps are just annoying to see again and again), looking forward to the new map.
    The amount of idiots on the game, a lot of solo queue matches you will be put with idiots and quite frankly the vast amount of these people in a heavily team based game can really ruin it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    I would say Overwatch now if there were not the following:
    What are the controls like? Is it reasonably fast and fluid? I've seen gameplay, but I've been put off by sheer size of the weapons taking up the screen.

ReputationRep:
    What are the controls like? Is it reasonably fast and fluid? I've seen gameplay, but I've been put off by sheer size of the weapons taking up the screen.
    Are you talking about getting it on console because I have it on PC?

ReputationRep:

The controls actually feel very good, one of the best multiplayer shooters I've ever played, you wouldn't think this was Blizzard's first shooter. I highly recommend it

My favourite game would either have to be Borderlands 2, or Far Cry 3. I used to love Spyro on the PS1 and Mario Kart Double Dash on the GameCube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simsllama)
    The Sims 2! I still play that game and I post about it in my tumblr blog. Anyone here plays the sims?
    I LOVE the sims, especially 2! In fact I just played it a couple hours ago lol

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Persona 4 last week. Best game I've played this year.

ReputationRep:
    LOTR online OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

ReputationRep:
    The Sims 3, with the exception of when it crashed for absolutely no reason. I still prefer it to The Sims 4 just because of the open-world dynamic; that added so much and I can't understand why they took it away! (goes to a corner for a little cry )

ReputationRep:
    snake on nokia brick.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved New Vegas to death, and it's so disappointing to see the steaming pile of crap that Fallout 4 is. New Vegas has to be either my first or second favorite game ever.

Bethesda took everything that Obsidian did well with New Vegas, and Interplay/Black Isle did with 1 and 2 and just flushed it down the drain with Fallout 3 and 4.

Why they even bother to try and market their games as RPGs and not as action games instead is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Dota 2

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved New Vegas to death, and it's so disappointing to see the steaming pile of crap that Fallout 4 is. New Vegas has to be either my first or second favorite game ever.

Bethesda took everything that Obsidian did well with New Vegas, and Interplay/Black Isle did with 1 and 2 and just flushed it down the drain with Fallout 3 and 4.

Why they even bother to try and market their games as RPGs and not as action games instead is beyond me.
    Lol I was reading this and legit thought for a second I had posted it and just forgot, couldn't agree more lol.

Although I like fallout 3 more than you do (but hate 4 with a passion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaiusMartius)

Although I like fallout 3 more than you do (but hate 4 with a passion).
    Why? It's literally a shooter with a few RPG elements thrown in. The characters were just so bland and unmemorable and half the lore just didn't make sense.

There are literally 2 endings.

Todd Howard and his lies like 'Fallout 3 will have 200 endings' have been enough for me.

Honestly, Todd Howard is just such a crappy game director. He made one good game (Morrowind) and then decided to just devolve everything from there.

Bethesda should just leave Fallout alone, and let a competent group like Obsidian have free reign.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.