Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

ReputationRep:
    #TeamInstinct for the win.

In the poll you should have done it so the colour of the bars is the same colour as the team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    How do i download on android in the uk
    You can either download the file or get it from the play store. Play store is more effort but you get all the updates and it's linked properly.

To do that download VPN ultimate proxy app. Open the app and set location to Australia and make sure it's connected.

Go to settings -apps and find Google play store. Click on it and force stop it then go into storage and delete cache.

Now when you open Google play store it will think you're in Australia where the game has been released and allow you to download it.

Once the game is installed you're free to go. You can uninstall the proxy app and delete cache again to reset it to your real location

ReputationRep:
    Just went back out and won control of one of the gyms near me for team yellow.

A Mr.Mime popped up in my nearby Pokemon tab. I spent 15 minutes or so trying to figure out which direction it was in but never seemed to get any closer no matter what direction I walked in. At one point it was the closest Pokemon to me, but still 3 steps away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    You can either download the file or get it from the play store. Play store is more effort but you get all the updates and it's linked properly.

To do that download VPN ultimate proxy app. Open the app and set location to Australia and make sure it's connected.

Go to settings -apps and find Google play store. Click on it and force stop it then go into storage and delete cache.

Now when you open Google play store it will think you're in Australia where the game has been released and allow you to download it.

Once the game is installed you're free to go. You can uninstall the proxy app and delete cache again to reset it to your real location
    I cant find vpn ultimate proxy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3 gyms gained. Probably lose two tomorrow though! Got my jolteon up to 617CP and the next 3 above 490. There was a standoff at a gym between me and another group and it was so tense until I defeated them after they left!
    Such a fun game and hope to actually catch more pokemon tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Wow - today I was on the high street near me and literally everyone was playing pokemon! :p: Groups of teenagers, couples, families where the dad had a battery pack attached. Got a few laughs with people as we noted we were both playing, and a guy shouted 'go red team' after I captured a gym... never seen such a sociable game! :p:

In other news I now have 9 Raticates. Not joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    How do i download on android in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic...ownload/#notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Bruv, I beg someone show me how I download pokemon GO? I heard there's a foking Mew in a forest outside my house
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic...ownload/#notes

ReputationRep:
    I have a Samsung phone, so Google Play... can I get it on here? It's not on the play store.

ReputationRep:
    I got Pokemon GO . I'm so happy, my friend in America let borrow her account for it.

ReputationRep:
    Help me! :puppyeyes: @Newbie

Q1) How do I evolve my pokemon?
    Q2) What are the purple scent areas on the map when you walk around on your phone screen is it double xp or something?
    Q3) Are the only places you can fight in just pokemon gyms or?
    Q4) Is it possible to catch mew two? :gasp:
    Q5) How do you get more pokeballs w/o buying any add ons?
    Q6) How do I increase my pokemon CP bar?
    Q7) What are those "eggs" that people can catch for?
    Q8) How do you get those "eggs"? :confused:

Anyone that helps me.... "You loyal! I appreciate it" :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Help me! :puppyeyes: @Newbie

Q1) How do I evolve my pokemon?
    Q2) What are the purple scent areas on the map when you walk around on your phone screen is it double xp or something?
    Q3) Are the only places you can fight in just pokemon gyms or?
    Q4) Is it possible to catch mew two? :gasp:
    Q5) How do you get more pokeballs w/o buying any add ons?
    Q6) How do I increase my pokemon CP bar?
    Q7) What are those "eggs" that people can catch for?
    Q8) How do you get those "eggs"? :confused:

Anyone that helps me.... "You loyal! I appreciate it" :top:
    Q1) Go into the menu bar, and the Pokemon tab. Click on your Pokemon. There is an evolve button, where you can use pokemon candies (obtained by catching duplicates of that Pokemon or transferring away; the button to do this is in the same place) to evolve it

Q2) someone has used a lure trap there which makes Pokemon appear more frequently in the vicinity.

Q3) Yes.

Q4) Not yet.

Q5) Level up or pick them up from Pokestop.

Q6) same place as evolving, press "train", it will cost you stardust and candies

Q7/8) you can find these randomly at pokestop, then put them in an incubator (check the eggs tab of the pokemon page) and walk around to hatch them.

ReputationRep:
    Q1) How do I evolve my pokemon? Go into your Pokemon (pokeball menu) and click on the pokemon. It requires specific amount of candy to evolve. You get candy from capturing and transferring pokemon as well as sometimes rewards.

They're 'tall grass' areas. Basically means it's more likely you'll find Pokemon there if you hang around. Can be user created by incense You may also notice some purple scent similar to that at pokestops. That means another user is using lure there.
    Q3) Are the only places you can fight in just pokemon gyms or? Right now it's only the gyms, that might change later.
    Q4) Is it possible to catch mew two? :gasp: hopefully
    Q5) How do you get more pokeballs w/o buying any add ons? Pokestops. You get near one, click on it and then swipe the circle. It always drops some pokeballs and sometimes eggs. You can also get them as rewards.
    Q6) How do I increase my pokemon CP bar? Using the Power up or Evolve buttons. Requires stardust and candy
    Q7) What are those "eggs" that people can catch for? It's literally an egg. You incubate it and walk 2, 5 or 10km, depending on the egg, and you hatch a Pokemon.
    Q8) How do you get those "eggs"? :confused: pokestops as I said, also can find them as you walk around.

ReputationRep:
    Is this actually out yet in the UK from official sources? There is nothing on Google Play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Is this actually out yet in the UK from official sources? There is nothing on Google Play.
    It's not yet released in UK so you can't see it in the store if you search for it using your phone. You can use a proxy to download it from it tho. The guide is here if you want it
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4210692

It should be released in the next few weeks once they're sure their servers will hold out.

ReputationRep:
    Just been for a walk around a park which is right near my house....was very eery at this time and didn't see a single person! Caught a couple of drowzee, hatched 2 5km eggs (got a goldeen and cubone, crap cp points but grateful for the xp), put my 508 cp pidgeot on a gym and increased the gym prestige, and then did a quick run by some pokestops to stock up on pokeballs.....collected a 10km egg from one, so hoping I get either a magmar, electabuzz or scyther, would be equally as happy if I ended up with lapras, hitmonlee or hitmonchan though! It's market day in town tommorow so will do a walk through there to run by the pokestops and increase stardust, now that I am approaching level 9 I expect to start coming across better rated mons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Q1) Go into the menu bar, and the Pokemon tab. Click on your Pokemon. There is an evolve button, where you can use pokemon candies (obtained by catching duplicates of that Pokemon or transferring away; the button to do this is in the same place) to evolve it

Q2) someone has used a lure trap there which makes Pokemon appear more frequently in the vicinity.

Q3) Yes.

Q4) Not yet.

Q5) Level up or pick them up from Pokestop.

Q6) same place as evolving, press "train", it will cost you stardust and candies

Q7/8) you can find these randomly at pokestop, then put them in an incubator (check the eggs tab of the pokemon page) and walk around to hatch them.
    Ok thanks. Some more questions,

Q1) are "pokestops" the blue area that you click and it shows you a picture of your street or area to go to?

Q2) How do I get stardust/candies to power up/evolve my pokemons? Do you buy them as add ons or do you get them per level up or do you find them or something?

Q3) :wtf: do those add ons even do I.e coins etc?

Alright thanks for the help earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. Some more questions,

Q1) are "pokestops" the blue area that you click and it shows you a picture of your street or area to go to?

Q2) How do I get stardust/candies to power up/evolve my pokemons? Do you buy them as add ons or do you get them per level up or do you find them or something?

Q3) :wtf: do those add ons even do I.e coins etc?

Alright thanks for the help earlier.
    1) Yes! Get close enough to them and you can use them by tapping on them.

2) Catch any pokémon to get stardust. You get a lot more if you haven't caught any of that species of pokémon before. You get the candies for catching a pokémon of that same species - so weedle candy from catching weedles.

3) What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    1) Yes! Get close enough to them and you can use them by tapping on them.

2) Catch any pokémon to get stardust. You get a lot more if you haven't caught any of that species of pokémon before. You get the candies for catching a pokémon of that same species - so weedle candy from catching weedles.

3) What?
    What happens to your pokemon when you "power up" and its half circle bar above its character goes all the way from the left to the right? does it automatically evolve or? :erm:

does candies work separate for each pokemon or are they shared across all pokemons?

ReputationRep:
    What happens to your pokemon when you "power up" and its half circle bar above its character goes all the way from the left to the right? does it automatically evolve or? :erm:

does candies work separate for each pokemon or are they shared across all pokemons?
    I'm not entirely sure what that bar represents but I think it's how close to the next combat point.

They only evolve if you feed them enough candies for their respective species.

And yeah candies are separate for every species. So its quite a grind, but it's definitely worth it too to be catching duplicate mons. It's kinda a weird system though since it makes the rarer mons like dratini and the starters pretty bad...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.