The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "You got an A in your French writing assessment". Needless to say I was a bit shocked on results day when my French grade breakdown went A*A*AD (a D in writing, turns out my very first pieces of coursework I wrote right at the beginning of year 10 were sent)

ReputationRep:
    I remembered my teacher this year who told us that for our Geology class we will go on the field, but strangely the week we were supposed to go she was sick. Ok, but what if I tell you that it is the third year she is "sick" the week she has to go on the field ?? Still sad, I loved Geology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy Pixelz)
    Here's my list of fibs;
    -"It's not that cold" says the PE teacher in the jacket
    -"Running for 30 minutes isn't that hard" says the PE teacher in the chair
    -"No eating" says the teacher eating a roast dinner
    -"Your peroid is no excuse to get out of PE" says the male PE teacher
    -"It doesn't take 10 minutes to get changed" says the PE teacher that doesn't have to.
    Well someone hates PE says the boy who doesn't have to do PE anymore.

ReputationRep:
    This will definitely not come up in the exam 👍🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because " they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it" no you didn't boss.
    In all honesty that happened to two kids at my primary school.... as in cracking their heads open.

ReputationRep:
    If I sucked his d**k in the storage closet he'd predict me an A for my UCAS application. The **** only predicted me a B.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh if you carry on doing that work that well you'll get a B.... found out post exam my ICT GCSE was capped at a D and we'd been lied to for the last two years

Well that was my attempt of a career in ICT over.

(Original post by Student403)
    "I had a lad named Big Phil in my PE class. Good lad - captain of the school's basketball team. One day he forgot to take off his ring before a match. He went up to try and shoot, got his ring caught in the hoop and ripped his whole hand off. So take off all your jewellery now."
    Our school used to allow a single plain ring, the rule was flaunted though and nobody ever paid much notice. However we got a new anti-climb fence to stop kids going off to the shops during lunch and break (the previous fence was only about a metre high). A guy and a Girl ripped their fingers off within a week of each other due to catching their rings on the studs at the top of the new fence. Didn't stop us climbing the fence to go to the shops, but as soon as two years later all the new kids were passing it off as an urban myth spread by teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Our chemistry teacher promised she'd make us curry if the whole class passed the GCSE. Pretty sure everyone passed, but we never got the curry

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher once told us he worked for MI5 as a security personnel, and told us all about his adventures. We knew he was lying when a student logged into his facebook and the teacher couldn't log him back out again...

ReputationRep:
    Literally everything I learnt in my science GCSEs seemed to be a lie when I got to A levels and my degree

ReputationRep:
    "You'll love sixth form"
    Haunts me to this day

ReputationRep:
    A teacher in primary school once told me i had 'scraped a pass' in a test and it turns out i got 90%+

ReputationRep:
    At least 60% of GCSE science in varying degrees

ReputationRep:
    That the water we were testing in a science class was actual sea water.

ReputationRep:
    My R.E teacher told me sheep do not have knees & I believed her until I watched the film just go with it & discovered that they do in fact have knees:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LanaDelReys)
    "You got an A in your French writing assessment". Needless to say I was a bit shocked on results day when my French grade breakdown went A*A*AD (a D in writing, turns out my very first pieces of coursework I wrote right at the beginning of year 10 were sent)
    Lol that happened to me but I don't know exactly which ones they sent. They said I had an A in writing but when it showed a C on my actual results. I think it was for the best anyways. I wasn't that good but wanted to take it for A level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charles Dupiau)
    Well someone hates PE says the boy who doesn't have to do PE anymore.
    Yeah PE sucks. Says the girl who also doesn't do it anymore

ReputationRep:
    that frigging 90% was an A* in physics, like no, it's 75%, chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    that frigging 90% was an A* in physics, like no, it's 75%, chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'll cover it up by saying they meant 90% UMS.

ReputationRep:
    basically anything a teacher says is a lie

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.