Turn on thread page Beta

Rhianna- umbrella (arghhhhh) watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like Rhianna- Umbrella?
    yes, I love it!
    33.19%
    No, I hate it so much it makes my ears bleed.
    45.69%
    It doesn't bother me
    21.12%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    http://www.heatworld.com/Article.aspx?articleid=1918&titl e=We+LOVE+Mandy+Moore's+version+ of+Umbrella

Ok, mandy Moore has done a cover of this song, and it's SO GOOD. And she knows that umbrella doesn't have an extra syllable!
    Yeah it's fantastic. Love Mandy Moore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    http://www.heatworld.com/Article.aspx?articleid=1918&titl e=We+LOVE+Mandy+Moore's+version+ of+Umbrella

Ok, mandy Moore has done a cover of this song, and it's SO GOOD. And she knows that umbrella doesn't have an extra syllable!

it sounds a bit forced for my taste, still a nice cover if it was someone else singing it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    God this song does my bloody head in

ReputationRep:
    I am happy to say i havn't heard this **** for just over 2 weeks now

Thank god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I am happy to say i havn't heard this **** for just over 2 weeks now

Thank god.

ella ella eh eh eh.....:p:

ReputationRep:
    Mandy Moore has destroyed the song and turned into another bland pop/rock mash. And suddenly people think it's good. I guess we're all wired differently. I personally wouldn't have bought this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    ella ella eh eh eh.....:p:
    :motz:

Not stuck in my head... For now...

ReputationRep:
    I am actually quite (sadly) addicted to this song, more so because i like some of the lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    Mandy Moore has destroyed the song and turned into another bland pop/rock mash. And suddenly people think it's good. I guess we're all wired differently. I personally wouldn't have bought this.
    Mandy Moore has covered this song? Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    :motz:

Not stuck in my head... For now...

damn, almost was certain that would work :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    It happens to be the reason why I dont listen to the radio anymore.....

ReputationRep:
    I hate this song with a passion! I went to cyprus for 5 weeks and every night I went out I would hear this "song" at least 5 times. Once I went into Mcdonalds for 10 minutes for a quick bite and I heard the song twice! Then I come back to England and the situation isn't much better. For my sanity's sake please please please stop playing this song!!!

ReputationRep:
    OMG ok someone please kill me. Im going to cyprus in a couple of days and if that ****ing ****ty song is still ****ing playing i will SCREAMMM!grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

[excuse the language but i feel the song deserves every bit of it ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitcakex)
    OMG ok someone please kill me. Im going to cyprus in a couple of days and if that ****ing ****ty song is still ****ing playing i will SCREAMMM!grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

[excuse the language but i feel the song deserves every bit of it ]
    Sorry to disappoint you but apparently its the Cyp '07 song! You will not be able to get away from it I'm afraid. I completely empathize with you. Your best bet is to threaten the DJ with death if he plays it!

ReputationRep:
    Night out last night and it wasn't played once. Progress I feel

ReputationRep:
    I was out in rain-drenched Glasgow today and heard someone refer to their brolly as an 'um-ber-ella'. I'm glad I didn't see who it was, else impatient corrections about 'um-brellas' might have ensued.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on which area of Glasgow it was, silence may have been the safest option :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol, good point. It was on one of the busy shopping streets, so I think I'd have been fairly safe. Either that, or they'd have all leapt on me and disemboweled me with their beloved 'um-ber-ellas'.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat_88)
    Right, I've finally had enough of constantly hearing this 'tune'. It really gets on my nerves and I can't get away from it, even at work it's played over and over on the radio. so damn repetitive.

why has it been No.1 for 7weeks?!

stop buying/ downloading it! :p:

arghhhhhh

anyone else hate it?
    If you play the Haji & Emanuel Club Mix, I will be happy. Play any other version, and I will go on a killing spree.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.