Declaring Grades on UCAS FAQ

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mic_3_3)
    Hi guys so ive current finish my alevels, my grades werent amazing so i'm reapply this year again along with resits. As my AS grades were good i resat a couple exams and my AS grades changed dramatically in 2015 so i was not sure as to what year to put down my as qualifications of ucas should it be 2014 as that was the year i did my first as exams however some of my as resit exams were in 2015 so should it be 2015 or 2014? Please help as i need to send of application asap thank you
    If you read posts one and two of this thread, it is all explained.

ReputationRep:
    In my case, I would need to declare my GCSE Maths resits (attempted higher tier) for both June 2014, November 2014 and June 2015 even though the grade remained the same?

Also, as I've left school and received both my AS modular resit results as well as my A2s, would I need to declare my previous AS results from 2014?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melasaurus5)
    In my case, I would need to declare my GCSE Maths resits (attempted higher tier) for both June 2014, November 2014 and June 2015 even though the grade remained the same?

Also, as I've left school and received both my AS resit results as well as my A2s, would I need to declare my previous AS results from 2014?

Thanks.
    Declare everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Declare everything.
    Declared the Maths GCSE qualifications.

For the AS resit modules, I declared them as a separate AS qualification (with the 1 module I resat) earlier in 2015, is this correct?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melasaurus5)
    Declared the Maths GCSE qualifications.

For the AS resit modules, I declared them as a separate qualification (with the 1 module I resat) earlier in 2015, is this correct?

Thanks
    Achieved results with grades, and upcoming exams as pending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Achieved results with grades, and upcoming exams as pending.
    All qualifications now declared.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to declare if you're retaking any AS science ISA too? Do they count as modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Do you need to declare if you're retaking any AS science ISA too? Do they count as modules?
    Declare everything.

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to delcare AS exam results (not the full a level) even if I didn't get a certificate for it??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belkin12)
    Do I have to delcare AS exam results (not the full a level) even if I didn't get a certificate for it??

Thanks
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3538633

ReputationRep:
    Yes but i didn't achieve the full a levels. I moved colleges and went on to do something else. Do I still have to delcare it?.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but i didn't achieve the full a levels. I moved colleges and went on to do something else. Do I still have to delcare it?.
    An AS result is an official qualification and needs to be declared if it was certified by the exam centre (ie if your results slip showed as AS grade as well as individual module grades).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    When entering qualifications which i am to write next year, do I enter the qualification date as the month the exams are to be written or the month when results come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaChlo)
    When entering qualifications which i am to write next year, do I enter the qualification date as the month the exams are to be written or the month when results come out?
    the month the exams are to be written

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holmstock)
    the month the exams are to be written
    Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    An AS result is an official qualification and needs to be declared if it was certified by the exam centre (ie if your results slip showed as AS grade as well as individual module grades).
    My results slip didn't show as individual module grades but it did show as AS grades. Will i have to declare it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My results slip didn't show as individual module grades but it did show as AS grades. Will i have to declare it?

Thanks
    yes

ReputationRep:
    I haven't declared everything :l, i retook year 12, its in my reference that i did this but i didn't put those grades down on my ucas. Also i didn't put any failed gcses on either. The unis have got my ucas just now, and i didn't know about this. :l what will happen to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjeh)
    I haven't declared everything :l, i retook year 12, its in my reference that i did this but i didn't put those grades down on my ucas. Also i didn't put any failed gcses on either. The unis have got my ucas just now, and i didn't know about this. :l what will happen to me?
    Possible disqualification of your UCAS application...
    Inform your referee and get into contact with UCAS and declare all information before they find out and disqualify you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjeh)
    If you email [email protected] asap with the additional qualifications and then notify your universities that you misunderstood UCAS guidance and have added your original grades to your application then nothing will happen to you.

If you don't disclose your grades then there is a small risk that your application could be damaged. It depends very much which courses and universities you've applied for and is impossible to predict if you've chosen choices that will be particularly harsh in cases where an applicant has withheld information. The chances of being found out are high - the chances of your choices being harsh are low - but the consequences are severe and there's no downside to putting in the information you were requested.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.