Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    He went off minutes after
    lol yeah after he saw Gerrard got a knock of some sort...well cramp! Why wait until something happens to take him off!

Really shoulda taken him off when they were 2-0 up

ReputationRep:
    We so should've scored more though, and Owen should've taken that better/quicker in the last few minutes.

Felt a bit sorry for Bentley lol. I was hoping he'd score just to see the crowd's reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)

(bring back Owen, please )
    NO NO NO

Don't even let the judas **** near the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzy)
    lol yeah after he saw Gerrard got a knock of some sort...well cramp! Why wait until something happens to take him off!

Really shoulda taken him off when they were 2-0 up
    Calm down rozzy lol. He'll be fine.

He didn't go off because he didn't want to go off That's what the commentators even said. Sounds like something Stevie would do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i thought Judas **** was reserved by spurs for one Sol Campbell - never heard it referring to Owen before...

interesting voting on teh beeb player ranker thinger. heskey and owen for joint 3rd best player, after swp and richards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    NO NO NO

Don't even let the judas **** near the city.
    :laugh:

You have a point.

Torres & Owen partnership :eek:

Anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I am calm lol...just woulda preferred him not to have played and risk picking anything up that would cause him to be out for longer!

And I don't think Liverpool need Owen anymore

ReputationRep:
    Course we don't need him.

Was just reminiscing sorta.

7 days till Prem restarts again. Feels like ages

ReputationRep:
    Great performance, attack all the time not the usuall 20 mins then go to sleep, Heskey was great and any1 that denies it was obviously watching a different match,he brought people into the game, great control and knock downs,ok he missed a sitter, dont every1? plenty of people were saying people should be picked by merit not cos they are the usuall 11, well heres the chance, Heskey has earned it and he deserves another chance,i completly wrote him off before the match but he was great and if he keeps performing well i can see him being on the bench for future matches, He done more in 1 game than Johnson has done in 10 or what ever hes played,Some people say its only Israel but the constant attacking threat was very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    Great performance, attack all the time not the usuall 20 mins then go to sleep, Heskey was great and any1 that denies it was obviously watching a different match,he brought people into the game, great control and knock downs,ok he missed a sitter, dont every1? plenty of people were saying people should be picked by merit not cos they are the usuall 11, well heres the chance, Heskey has earned it and he deserves another chance,i completly wrote him off before the match but he was great and if he keeps performing well i can see him being on the bench for future matches, He done more in 1 game than Johnson has done in 10 or what ever hes played,Some people say its only Israel but the constant attacking threat was very good
    Thank you!

Heskey did play well today and like you said, everyone misses chances.

His chances seem 10 times more worse than anyone else's missed chances just because he's Heskey :rolleyes:

Happy for him.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, i have to admit i thought Heskey was good today. He was brought into the side for a reason and he showed that reason today (physical presence, mainly).

ReputationRep:
    I thought Heskey was mediocre. Didn't particularly stand out.

ReputationRep:
    Israel were gash to be be fair - their first half performance attacking wise was laughable - chanes were they would have lost - they may have well gone for it from the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wawrwinka)
    I don't think heskey needs to particularly stand out to make a difference in the way he did. Aside from the obvious qualities, he's got a good touch and reads the game well, but sometimes I can't help thinking he's lazy. If you look at the technique on his miss he was leaning so far back when he hit the ball. It's not like he doesn't know how to shoot, I think he just couldn't be arsed to do it properly.
    Hmm, I don't remember that chance to well, but I think I remember that he didn't have much time to compose himself, because the Israeli defenders would've got to him if he had.

'Lazy' and 'Heskey' don't go well together in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Against quality opposition, he wouldn't make a difference imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnboy91)
    Against quality opposition, he wouldn't make a difference imo.
    He did against Chelsea, for Wigan

ReputationRep:
    Probably the best game of his life. He's a hit and miss player. Usually more miss than hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Hmm, I don't remember that chance to well, but I think I remember that he didn't have much time to compose himself, because the Israeli defenders would've got to him if he had.

'Lazy' and 'Heskey' don't go well together in my opinion.
    When the balled rolled to him on a plate in the first few minutes. No excuses really, anywhere other than straight at the keeper and it would have gone in.

Also, I think lazy and heskey go together like Morecamb and Wise lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    When the balled rolled to him on a plate in the first few minutes. No excuses really, anywhere other than straight at the keeper and it would have gone in.

Also, I think lazy and heskey go together like Morecamb and Wise lol.
    It was a bad miss

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.