• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    i know oh wow oh my god cybermen vv daleks that going to be so awesome i cant wait for it next week. I knew when the sphere started to open it wasnt cyberman but i was actually thinking it may have been davros or even the master but i am ok with daleks i gotta say the doctors got his hands full this time, next weeks going to be fantastic

and im curious about the genesis sphere but heres an idea

there was an old epsidode of DR who back in tom baker days called genesis of the daleks. So maybe its davros (i wanna see davros)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a new emperor dalek?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)

there was an old epsidode of DR who back in tom baker days called genesis of the daleks. So maybe its davros (i wanna see davros)
    me too me too!! haha!

awesome episode tonight, cybermen AND daleks!!
    good one torchwood :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I was actually disappointed to see daleks for some reason, I just think it was a bit too over the top. Daleks were done in the last series and it's a bit too Alien vs. Predator for my liking (though obviously they're working together). I think it would have been cooler to have a huge grand master cyberman or something.

I also hated the lack of emotion when Rose and Mickey were together. They thought they'd never see each other again and were just like, "Oh...hello, nice to see you again."

ReputationRep:
    The Daleks ROCK!!! The Black Dalek must be the Supreme Dalek, even among soldiers, someone has to be in charge. Ah, Cybermen from "Cybus" Earth and Daleks from the Void Ship, probably end up fighting each other with Humans right in the middle.

I suspect that the "Dark Space" mentioned in 'The Parting of the ways' might be the Void between all those universes, some Daleks hid there until they were certain that the Time Lords weren't around. In that case, they'd go stright for the Doctor, if they know he's there. This also means that the "doors to Parallel Universes" aren't as closed as the Doctor believed them to be, These "Cybus" Cybermen don't electrocute people by touching them now, they use energy weapons to kill their targets now.

As for why they want to go to our universe, i suspect that Pete Tyler and Mickey Smith's "band of freedom fighters" reduced the Cybermen to such an extent that they'd look for an escape route, what better than another universe, that hasn't even encountered their type of Cybermen before and take it and succeed, where they had failed before in thier earth of origin. This also makes me think that the Time Lords might not all be destroyed, but in hiding where the Daleks and the Doctor can't detect him. As the Doctor has encountered the "Golden" Daleks on two occasions before this.

It seems that the Psychic Paper works on a card reader, but doesn't work on Torchwood operatives and researchers. Also Yvonne Hartman is willing to accept the Doctor's help, but doesn't have to like it, a feeling shared by the Doctor (considering that they were the ones that adapted the weapon that destroyed the Sycorax ship), I can see these alternatives based on availible info:

1 - Torchwood will want the Doctor killed as he outlives his usefulness and he escapes.
    2 - Torchwood will let the Doctor go, as they'll need his knowledge again.
    3 - Torchwood will lose the Doctor as he sneaks away in the aftermath of the events in Doomsday.

As for Mickey, he's good at what he does, if he could sneak into Torchwood Tower without being detected. As for Rose, she might not be converted into Cyberman as Jackie said "She's not Rose Tyler, Not anymore" when she was still human and in the TARDIS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elbow_fan)
    Gah, I was actually disappointed to see daleks for some reason, I just think it was a bit too over the top. Daleks were done in the last series and it's a bit too Alien vs. Predator for my liking (though obviously they're working together). I think it would have been cooler to have a huge grand master cyberman or something.

I also hated the lack of emotion when Rose and Mickey were together. They thought they'd never see each other again and were just like, "Oh...hello, nice to see you again."
    They aren't working together. The cypermen even said they didn't know what was in the sphere. Although, from the preview it looks:

Spoiler:
    Show

That they will work together to get the humans

I thought personally this was an awesome set up episode for a potential brilliant finale next week. Bring it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentis Venator)

This also makes me think that the Time Lords might not all be destroyed, but in hiding where the Daleks and the Doctor can't detect him. As the Doctor has encountered the "Golden" Daleks on two occasions before this.

It seems that the Psychic Paper works on a card reader, but doesn't work on Torchwood operatives and researchers. Also Yvonne Hartman is willing to accept the Doctor's help, but doesn't have to like it, a feeling shared by the Doctor (considering that they were the ones that adapted the weapon that destroyed the Sycorax ship), I can see these alternatives based on availible info:

1 - Torchwood will want the Doctor killed as he outlives his usefulness and he escapes.
    2 - Torchwood will let the Doctor go, as they'll need his knowledge again.
    3 - Torchwood will lose the Doctor as he sneaks away in the aftermath of the events in Doomsday.

As for Mickey, he's good at what he does, if he could sneak into Torchwood Tower without being detected. As for Rose, she might not be converted into Cyberman as Jackie said "She's not Rose Tyler, Not anymore" when she was still human and in the TARDIS.

i can't believe that they didn't know anything about the last time the Doctor helped them in UNIT. They fought the Cybermen there and found a weakness.
    There's alwys the possibility that there is still some time lords left but the Doctor doesn't think so; back when Christopher Eccelston was playing the Doctor he said he would know inside if there were any more time lords remaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentis Venator)
    The Daleks ROCK!!! The Black Dalek must be the Supreme Dalek, even among soldiers, someone has to be in charge. Ah, Cybermen from "Cybus" Earth and Daleks from the Void Ship, probably end up fighting each other with Humans right in the middle.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A black dalek is a dalek commander or lieutenant; check Wikipedia if you want to know more

ReputationRep:
    LMAO, I just want to hug the daleks. Don't ask why.

ReputationRep:
    Great episode last night, but was so predictable what was in that Sphere :rolleyes: If it weren't cyber men, it as bound to be The Daleks :rofl:

Can't wait for Part 2 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    is it just me who thinks the Dr Who writers have no imaginations?
    The Cybermen and the Daleks are both back: dont they have any other villains they can use or cant they think of any more?

ReputationRep:
    I was a little bit disappointed when the Daleks came out of the sphere, I have always found them quite funny and a bit pathetic compared to other bad guys but that is maybe because I have never really seen the old ones where they were the big bad guys that everyone was scared of. I thought the episode with the devil in it was good, why couldn't they have saved him for the sphere, that would be much cooler if the devil arrived and finished off the series.

ReputationRep:
    I think Mickey will take over as Doctor's companion considering he's already been inside the TARDIS and now seems to know a fair bit about alien technologies, could even help Doctor enhance the TARDIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mouse89)
    is it just me who thinks the Dr Who writers have no imaginations?
    The Cybermen and the Daleks are both back: dont they have any other villains they can use or cant they think of any more?
    I don't think its the fact that they can't think of any more villains, but the viewers i suppose wanted to see some old characters come back into it. Was good to see the daleks back, :cool:

Roll on Part 2...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewmck,)
    why couldn't they have saved him for the sphere, that would be much cooler if the devil arrived and finished off the series.
    I thought that too for a bit as the Doctor said it came from hell!

ReputationRep:
    This extract on next week's episode taken from the "Big on TV" Magazine sounds exciting...

"With the human race caught in the middle of a global ding-dong between the daleks and cybermen, an unstoppable terror emerges from beneath Torchwood."

Russel T Davies says "It's a colossal cliffhanger. It's so huge I can't describe it. I hope that they can get it all on film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cb.Incus)
    This extract on next week's episode taken from the "Big on TV" Magazine sounds exciting...

"With the human race caught in the middle of a global ding-dong between the daleks and cybermen, an unstoppable terror emerges from beneath Torchwood."

Russel T Davies says "It's a colossal cliffhanger. It's so huge I can't describe it. I hope that they can get it all on film.
    I hate big cliffhangers, I think I might just not watch part two until just before the next series starts, that wouldn't leave me all angry like I was at the end of Spooks series 4.

ReputationRep:
    ok, I am thinking that initially the daleks and cybermen will think about attcking each other, but then will form an alliance against the humans (was mentioned by the daleks rght after everything.)
    Why do they want to keep Mickey alive? My little bro was thinking that mickey somehow created the big black thing.
    Oh dear, now my borther is having an imaginary cybermen-daleks balltle-full of "exterminate" and "delete". This battle will really capture the imaginations of the younger generation, and maybe even some of us.

I quite like the fact that they are using the daleks and cybermen as villians once again. After all these are the well known super villians of the programme so for something really terrible to happen it just has to be these. I wouldn't want to see bad things happen to characters I love by some random new evil character.

Last night was a really good episode. Loved some of the little comic touches like the ghostbusters bit and the 3D glasses!!

ReputationRep:
    The pinacle of the time lords science; 3D glasses!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.