Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverknowingwhy)
    arent they changing the spec next year? mustve realised :rolleyes:

well at least if we all do badly, theyll bring the grade boundaries down...

quick... kidnap all the clever people!!

its like universal worrying lol

danm those lucky next year people!!
    maybe all the predictions will come up this year if they are changing next years layout altogether.. hmm..

ReputationRep:
    Ok i want to cry!!! I cracked out the rescue remedy / something equivilant earlier and it sent me to sleep for 3 hours!!!

First thing I probably should do is put TSR down and step away from the laptop.....

This is hell!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw.

Those doing AQA you do realise that you only need like 55% - 65% (or was the case for last year and january) of the marks in the exam to achieve an A. Check the scaled marks if you don't believe me, in the results section.

Takes the pressure off a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    yup friends who arent doing content heavy subjects just dont get it!

try explaining to people not even doing alevels

if i hear "you'll be fine" one more time i will simply explode.

ReputationRep:
    imfinding this exam harder than history, and thats saying something!!!

and i have crime and deviance sociology one day after i havnt had enough time to revise, its not fair! psychology is taking over nooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForAllOfThis)
    Oh btw.

Those doing AQA you do realise that you only need like 55% - 65% (or was the case for last year and january) of the marks in the exam to achieve an A. Check the scaled marks if you don't believe me, in the results section.

Really?! I had no idea!

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw.

That sounds good if its true. not that it actually matters as it looks like i'll be getting about 2% on this exam..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't even actually know the grade boundaries for anything. What do you need to get out of the paper to get an A, B, C, D etc? What is the paper even out of? Lol haha, 74? I added 2 marks for grammar etc :-) Important marks!! lol. My motto is, if you can't think of evaluation points, do the trick of.. Furthermore, research into this is based on a small sample and so can not be generalised, research lacks ecological validity because it was conducted in a laboratory.. Research may lack cultural relativism because it may be that blabla is different across cultures, or the classic of.. it's determinstic/reductionist

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe theories of aggression came up last..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amywalters)
    Yeah I don't even actually know the grade boundaries for anything. What do you need to get out of the paper to get an A, B, C, D etc? What is the paper even out of? Lol haha, 74? I added 2 marks for grammar etc :-) Important marks!! lol. My motto is, if you can't think of evaluation points, do the trick of.. Furthermore, research into this is based on a small sample and so can not be generalised, research lacks ecological validity because it was conducted in a laboratory.. Research may lack cultural relativism because it may be that blabla is different across cultures, or the classic of.. it's determinstic/reductionist
    aparerently only 55%or 60% for an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amywalters)
    I may steal this off you :ninja: ah ha

normally its around

A:80 %
    b: 70 %
    c:60 %
    d 50 %
    e: 40 %
    u: <40%

but it'll change by a few marks depending on what they whole country does. if if everyone does well the boundries will move up. or if everyone does crap..(like tomorrow ) the boundries will move down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blair001)
    i wish they had realised it earlier. our teacher showed us what the exam is going to be like next year, they have easy things like multiple choice and 2 mark questions!!!

i hope they don't mark too harshly, maybe they'll go easy cause they know its so much to learn!
    Multiple bloody choice! :eek:

So we're all terrified about tomorrow then, woop!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grade.php

Go to Jan 2008 / June 2007 GCE Results statistics (will be in the tables under the headings). Then go to component title Psychology A module 4. Ill write out the marks needed for an A/B.

Jan 2008

A 48/76 = 63%
    B 42/76 = 55%

June 2007

A 45/76 = 59%
    B 40/76 = 52%

All rounded down btw. You get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    ok i dont know i this is a logical idea..we shud open a new thread 'question n answer' to test each other...only thing is people are doing different things!! My mum told me to stop revising, shes worried about my mental state hahhaha i need an a in this!!! and im restraining myself from like crying atm.

ReputationRep:
    Woah:

Out of 76, it was 47(A) 41(B) 35(C) 30(D) 25(E) for Jan 07

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my 4th cup of coffee argh! Do you think they'll make it easier because we can't redo modules as they're changing the syllabus? Or will we still be able to retake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjust_an_angelx)
    ok i dont know i this is a logical idea..we shud open a new thread 'question n answer' to test each other...only thing is people are doing different things!! My mum told me to stop revising, shes worried about my mental state hahhaha i need an a in this!!! and im restraining myself from like crying atm.
    I need to get an A in this aswell, the pressure is on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MediterraneanX)
    I'm on my 4th cup of coffee argh! Do you think they'll make it easier because we can't redo modules as they're changing the syllabus? Or will we still be able to retake?
    Yeah you'll still be able to retake, because the lower sixth at my school are doing my course still. So it's for the AS exams that are taken in 2009, so don't worry :-)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grade.php

Go to Jan 2008 / June 2007 GCE Results statistics (will be in the tables under the headings). Then go to component title Psychology A module 4. Ill write out the marks needed for an A/B.

Jan 2008

A 48/76 = 63%
    B 42/76 = 55%

June 2007

A 45/76 = 59%
    B 40/76 = 52%

All rounded down btw. You get the idea.
    :eek:
    Wow.
    That's quite ridiculous really.

I'm not going to complain though.

ReputationRep:
    How many bits of research has everyone got per like theory? I only have about 1 or 2 :O okay maybe like 3 or 4, slight exaggeration lol, but still it's minimal really!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2008

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.