Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiscbrooks)
    Edexcel Geography thursday i will draw a cupcake on the back of the exam.
    Omg! You cared about my post! Lool! Ok lets do it! But they dont look at the back of the exam. Sooo. Lets do it on the first page. Somewhere. Ok?

ReputationRep:
    I just did a Welsh exam in which I had to, for one question, write a description of a time when I was disappointed. I wrote about January results, and managed to get the phrase "my darling Keatsy" in (in Welsh) to show my sarcastic love of Keats.
    After finishing the question, I realised that I hadn't mentioned why I'm so bothered about results, so crammed in a line about the fact I NEED three As to go to Oxford. It was so clearly crammed in as an afterthought, it doesn't fit on the line, so they examiner will know full well I'm hinty hint hinting

I also wrote a note at the end apologising for my work not being tidy, it was so awful, full of scribbles and corrections. Never mind

Plus, in an opinionated essay about an unseen topic, we had child abuse. We had to write a letter to a magazine giving our response to an article about the NSPCC. For some reason I decided to claim that I have been inspired to volunteer on helplines over the summer.

Not that I'll sound like a kissass or anything :-/

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post12797354

ReputationRep:
    Any note written on an exam paper must be bought up in the post-exam marking meetings.

It shouldn't have much of an effect to your marks, although annoying the examiner (i.e. by the fact it has to be bought up in a meeting) isn't a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tristanperry)
    Any note written on an exam paper must be bought up in the post-exam marking meetings.

It shouldn't have much of an effect to your marks, although annoying the examiner (i.e. by the fact it has to be bought up in a meeting) isn't a great idea.
    What if you wrote sorry for putting you in this meeting

ReputationRep:
    Never done it actually, I always thought it would be a bit risky if the examiner didn't see the funny side.

That said, if I was an examiner, I'd love to see things like this on people scripts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    What if you wrote sorry for putting you in this meeting
    Hehe, that'd be a good comment to make :p:

I only know this because my accounts teacher is the head examiner for OCR accounts. And in the past a few of his students have written messages on the exam paper (ranging from one poor student - who didn't do any work - and instead wrote the lyrics to a song, to another who asked the examiner what he thought of last night's boxing )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by persian.royalty)
    Omg! You cared about my post! Lool! Ok lets do it! But they dont look at the back of the exam. Sooo. Lets do it on the first page. Somewhere. Ok?
    Deal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiscbrooks)
    Deal...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post12797648

ReputationRep:
    In my philosophy exam the other week I kept making sarcastic remarks about the Teleological argument.

ReputationRep:
    at the start of most of my exams challenges are set to fit irrelevant words into an answer in a seemingly relevant way

in the past i have written the words anarcho-syndicalism, willenium, juggernaut, cornucopia and in my ww1 literature paper i wrote a paragraph about snoopy as a world war one flying ace

ReputationRep:
    On a physics paper I wrote a little poem about how bad it is.

it went something like this

"Physics, Physics and all it's Laws,
    they deal with newton and stuff like force.
    It's not very good so don't ask me,
    what the answer is to question Three!"

ReputationRep:
    here, this was an actual answer i wrote on a practice physics paper!

Sorry for the handwriting! i know it's awful I hate it, so not girly at all!
    Attached Images

(Original post by Bladesman Ben)
    From a History coursework report:

One examiner lamented the intrusion of slack mondern language:
    There was also some sloppy use of language: "Things began to go pear-shaped for the Third Duma", "When the war began, the fun really started", "The Protestant and Catholics were constantly causing agro (sic) over religion
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    In my R.S exam today when I'd finished my answers I wrote something like "Sorry for the handwriting, hope it wasn't too hard to mark. Have a good day!"

Then I crossed it out! But it was still legible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangermouse00)

Amazing! Do you mind if I steal that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangermouse00)

Reminds me of when I serenaded my science teacher after GCSEs, to the tune of Don't Cry For Me Argentina:

"Don't cry for me failing science,
    The truth is I never liked it,
    All through my school days,
    My mad existance,
    I never cared that,
    Speed times time is distance..."

ReputationRep:
    i've got an english exam 2moz, and i feel, after reading this thread, that i should end it with something witty and funny if i've got time (which I probably wont) Anyone got any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    I wrote on a maths question in the calc paper.

I'VE DONE THIS QUESTION, I'VE ALSO MEMORISED THE BAR CODE, SO IF THE COMPUTER DOESN'T SCAN THE DIAGARM, YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM ME!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helie12)
    i've got an english exam 2moz, and i feel, after reading this thread, that i should end it with something witty and funny if i've got time (which I probably wont) Anyone got any ideas??
    It's always fun to play that game with friends where you have to put random words into your exams. I gave my friend "stud muffin" for one of the general studies exams, while I had teapot. Managed to fit it in somehow 0.0

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.