(Original post by GavinMcG91)
Lol - if you made that yourself, original :clap2:
Turkishee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right, here's the situation.

This is going to be me and my girlfriends first V-day together, and in fact this is my first relationship. Here's what I got planned for the evening:

- I go pick her up buy her a dozen roses

Now here's the problem

- Obviously we're going out for a meal but I dont know WHERE oh by the way I live in London, and drive so you know, some help. Preferably a seating for 8:30

- Afterwards I'm hoping to do something, but have no idea what! I dont want to go back to hers so early so perhaps something to do for a few hours. No movies. Since we'll do that when we go back to hers.

Err any ideas / tips etc etc. PLEASE thanks (:
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had a few so didn't really take in much. may have this all wrong.

do not do that rose thing. cheesy is ok. that's the most rubbish in the first place yet common cheesy cliche there is. not cool, dude. not cool. I would a) be pissed off I have to keep some dumb plastic rose b)wonder why on earth a guy would do this thing for me. c) wonder why my partner is so naive as to declare undying love on our first valentines.

meal - it's Thursday tomorrow. Saturday is valentines. you better get booking because you're really running the risk of there being no free tablets.

afterwards - romantic walk, drinks, late nice ice skating?

then again. i am a cynic apparently.
mr-tom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Girls hate romance mate, just buy her chocolate then **** her.
rscully
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's your budget? If you want to go for something a little bit different the go here, that way you can roll dinner and entertainment into one.
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Asking the internet what to do with your own girlfriend? If she saw this she wouldn't be pleased at all.
BabyGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Single rose? I think it's more romantic? I dunno maybe it's me

Afterwards, romantic walk..? What does she like?
carrotboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Turkishee)
Right, here's the situation.

This is going to be me and my girlfriends first V-day together, and in fact this is my first relationship. Here's what I got planned for the evening:

- I go pick her up buy her a dozen roses

Now here's the problem

- Obviously we're going out for a meal but I dont know WHERE oh by the way I live in London, and drive so you know, some help. Preferably a seating for 8:30

- Afterwards I'm hoping to do something, but have no idea what! I dont want to go back to hers so early so perhaps something to do for a few hours. No movies. Since we'll do that when we go back to hers.

Err any ideas / tips etc etc. PLEASE thanks (:
Where abouts in london? If its near central...go for a walk, offer her your coat etc etc, preferably by the river - southbank.
Also, you need to book your table if you want one at 8.30! You'll be lucky to find one otherwise.
Maybe instead of you driving, you could get a cab?
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Get researching and booking now. You know what she likes better than strangers on the internet. Valentine's Day is the same date every year, why would you leave it until two days before to try and book a table. Especially when you want such a "peak" time to eat.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
Okay I have this idea for Valentines Day, and I am not sure whether to do it or not.

Basically in my old job me and this girl who worked there became really good mates, few nights out together, we got together a few times as well, but when it came down to it she just wanted to stay as mates. Now I really liked her, still do and she said she really liked me etc at the time. I haven’t seen her or spoke to her since late Dec. My mate still works there and says that she does ask about me quite often.

Okay that’s the background story. My Valentines Day Idea is I was thinking of getting her bunch of roses, getting the florist to deliver them to her while she was at work. Then on the little card thing I would just write the nickname that I had for her, as I am pretty sure she would know straight away that these were from me. But considering on how long I haven’t seen her, do you think this is a good idea and worth a shot, or should I just forget about it
newDana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally, if i received flowers at work i'd be very embarrassed and annoyed at the guy who sent them. This may just be me though...

Perhaps you could meet her outside work, after she's finished and give her the flowers yourself? I think this would be sweeter than sending them and less embarrassing for her as she won't have to wander round with flowers all day. Shows guts on your part as well!
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
I dont know if this is in the right forum , but i need a bit of advice with what to write in my boyfriends valentines card. We have been together 7 months , so i want to write something thats not too soppy yet shows him i love him
I dont want anything too rude however something cheeky would be good
+ rep for any useful ideas :woo:
xkarenlouisex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey i've been with my boyf over 4 months and i've known him for over a year i got him a lovely card and tbh i just wrote in it some of the things weve done, silly, happy or just damn right stupid something i know will make him laugh but i've also written about how much he means to me and that i couldn't ask for anything more its valentines day so you have the perfect excuse to be soppy and cringey lol =]
xkarenlouisex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by punktopia)
Your mum.

Your maturity level really shows here :rolleyes:
xkarenlouisex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mr-tom)
You obviously don't know how girls minds work then .. we may act like its all cringey and embarrassing but we love it really =] and your last bit is just so crude im thinking you dont have a gf no offense
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mr-tom)

You obviously haven't had a girlfriend in years.
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xkarenlouisex)
Your maturity level really shows here :rolleyes:
Oh, grow a sense of humour.
xkarenlouisex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by punktopia)
Oh, grow a sense of humour.
I dont need to grow one as i already have one .. wasnt being nasty just meaning that its probably the oldest joke in the book
mr-tom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
You obviously haven't had a girlfriend in years.
(Original post by xkarenlouisex)
You obviously don't know how girls minds work then .. we may act like its all cringey and embarrassing but we love it really =] and your last bit is just so crude im thinking you dont have a gf no offense
:cry:

Big bullies.
xkarenlouisex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOL us girls stick by in numbers i think you will find =P
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (182)
80.53%
Leave (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads