Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterGriffin)
    Hi, does anyone know what date the accomodation must be paid for by? A link to the UEA website with anything on this would be really useful too. Thanks for anyone who can help me!
    point 6 on this page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    point 6 on this page
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    urgh been allocated a twin room. As someone with OCD this could actually be my worst nightmare.
    From what I can gather on the website, lisence etc etc, and from what current students told me on the open day, the twin room option, unless you put it as one of your high choices is a 'temporary solution'.

Obviously within the first couple of months a fair few rooms will crop up and they seem to then ofer twin occupants the chance to move in to these rooms. Fingers crossed.

If you genuinely feel that your OCD or any other circumstance will cause you alot of problems living in a twin room, you should contact the office and see whta they can do for you. They are kind of obliged to accomdate people's needs. Remember the beds are separated by a divider, but the sink and cupboards are shared.

ReputationRep:
    Took my place in Colman House on results day. Anyone else going to be living in this fine house?

ReputationRep:
    i will be colman house is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skiing)
    i will be colman house is the best
    I think you'll find Britten house is actually the best. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieee91)
    I think you'll find Britten house is actually the best. :p:
    actually norfolk terrace is the best as we are officially the best looking!

ReputationRep:
    nahh its all about Colman

ReputationRep:
    Y'all ain't got nothing on the Village!! Fools! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Village pwns everything ^^
    They make sunday dinners for each other!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Village pwns everything ^^
    They make sunday dinners for each other!
    We do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by netprime)
    We do?
    News to me too!

Luckily I have a whole section in my new cookbook - 'student cooking for dummies' that covers roasts - shame most of them require several hours in the oven!

I don't think anyone will be queuing up to eat my food!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolh5000)
    News to me too!

Luckily I have a whole section in my new cookbook - 'student cooking for dummies' that covers roasts - shame most of them require several hours in the oven!

I don't think anyone will be queuing up to eat my food!
    I'm still undecided what to take for my Saturday meal, I'm thinking sweet chilli stir-fry. Obviously I'll have to buy some chicken on the day though, as it won't keep in the car journey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steed999)
    actually norfolk terrace is the best as we are officially the best looking!
    Without a doubt! 3 days!!! Excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpecialKate)
    I am getting just a little ridiculously excited :woo:
    Can't wait to meet my flatmates!

Because of the long journey though I'm going up to Norwich on Saturday... and as of yet I haven't packed a single thing. Practicality, it seems, has taken a backseat to excitement.
    Yeah ive been a bit casual with the packing until today, mainly through laziness! Gotta just pack the tv/games consoles tomorrow which I couldnt bare to unplug today. What freshers events you going to?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally packed (yes it is nearly 11pm at night), but hey I've been busy spending some last minute druken nights with friends. I do feel that I've packed too much though, albiet I've been given a lot of food/bathroom stuff by my family so I guess I don't have too much.

Bring on UEA tomorrow!!! See you all there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm posting on behalf of my friend at UEA as she doesn't use TSR but is in need of some serious help (I'm up in Sheffield so aren't much use at the moment).

Basically she's having to move out of her current house on Friday (she's doing a postgrad course but is only 20 - long story, don't ask) but has nowhere else to go. We've managed to find a couple of houses with rooms available now but ideally she'd really like to be living on her own.

Up here in Sheffield we have loads of blocks of student flats which are privately owned by large companies who actually built them. I'm possibly not explaining it very well, but for example I live in Aspect apartments, there are Brocco opposite, Opal 1, 2 & 3 across the road (perhaps to google Aspect Sheffield would give you the best explaination).

Anyway, they have a range of flats for different sized groups including a number of studio flats. I was wondering if there are any such companies in Norwich? A girl on my course has had a similar issue to my friend and was able to move into an Opal 3 studio flat the very next day so we're hoping there might be a similar place in Norwich able to do similar.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiss_fairy)
    Hi everyone,

I'm posting on behalf of my friend at UEA as she doesn't use TSR but is in need of some serious help (I'm up in Sheffield so aren't much use at the moment).

Basically she's having to move out of her current house on Friday (she's doing a postgrad course but is only 20 - long story, don't ask) but has nowhere else to go. We've managed to find a couple of houses with rooms available now but ideally she'd really like to be living on her own.

Up here in Sheffield we have loads of blocks of student flats which are privately owned by large companies who actually built them. I'm possibly not explaining it very well, but for example I live in Aspect apartments, there are Brocco opposite, Opal 1, 2 & 3 across the road (perhaps to google Aspect Sheffield would give you the best explaination).

Anyway, they have a range of flats for different sized groups including a number of studio flats. I was wondering if there are any such companies in Norwich? A girl on my course has had a similar issue to my friend and was able to move into an Opal 3 studio flat the very next day so we're hoping there might be a similar place in Norwich able to do similar.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you so much!
    When you describe these flats I think of the company 'Unite' who have accomodation blocks around the country, but unfortunately there are no such flats in Norwich, well as far as I can find, because my boyfriend goes to the art uni in norwich we looked for somewhere like that for him as his uni doesn't have accomodation but there is none.

He best bet is house sharing, she could try and find one shared with other postgrads who might be more alike to her. Also maybe someone has an annex they are renting out to students which would be more on her own?

If not, maybe ask UEA if they ahve any spare studio flats?

Other than that not much help I can give. Hope she finds somewhere!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who is trying to sell off her lease for her campus accommodation (at least i think she is still trying) if your friend wouldn't mind that.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about UEA accommodations. I'm hoping to be attending UEA for the 2010/2011 school year to get my masters. I'm thinking that living on campus would be easiest for me and would be a good way to meet people and get the most out of my visit.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.