• View Poll Results: Do You think this Discussion is useful
    Yes
    89.29%
    No
    7.14%
    Can't say
    3.57%

ReputationRep:
    So looks like we just discovered a question of theirs. This is the last session for Unit-3 before the old specification is removed, this has to be tested again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aayman_farzand)
    I agree with shoaib, there is nothing mentioned about exclusivity, so its best to leave it out.

And adjusting cash flow statements is a part of our syllabus, so it might be there. But it should be nothing complicated. Actually has it ever been given before? If not then it is highly likely it'll be here this time.
    aayman what do you think what kind of adjustments can they possibly ask :P..........its a tough question i think

ReputationRep:
    Okay now hre is a question!
    Q) Evaluate Tesco's pricing policies?
    @ shoaib wud u lyk to hlp me to gather sum points on dis question! thnKuuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z for all)
    aayman what do you think what kind of adjustments can they possibly ask :P..........its a tough question i think
    It won't be anything difficult at all. Just some minor adjustments. Make sure you don't enter anything provision related by mistake,

ReputationRep:
    aayman can u post the toolkit plzzz...i cn't get it on the wesite str8 suggested..but seems like u r a member so can u post the toolkit plz..thxx

ReputationRep:
    It won't be anything difficult at all. Just some minor adjustments. Make sure you don't enter anything provision related by mistake,

yup... i think they will only ask us to adjust the 60 000 net cash inflow of the prevour year end to this years..and in that we only just add the 60000 with the net cash flow, and there fore, there will not be any more net cash deficit anymore...this point could also be added as an evaluation....for the cash flow forecast question...and i think we will be asked that as it is actually written in our syllabus that we will be asked to make ammendments...and recently they have been asking questions from places we feel are not that significant..so.... aslo... i wanna know more points about contribution...

and.........there is a possibility that we will be asked questions about overtrading or liquidity problems in general...that myt be faced by di and donny as they will be providing for the large scale operating tesco...

also..last year al the questions that have been asked for unit three came solely from the data provided at the end..nuthing had been asked from IKEA..so i have a feeling that our questinos are going to be more or less relatedy to D i and Donny....

few things that my just turn up in the paper with and added line or two will include depreciatin...
    or they may give us few definations...so i ges we have to chek the syllabus paper and note down as many defination as possible..

also.. we dont have much information in to assess for di and donny or even tesco for that matter, so we could be asked question about the what all i s required for a fuller evaluation... the additional information and all...

thats about it ..i guess.....

oh and they said before the forecast that di and donny is expecting better trading by the end of the year..they might ask up to state a reason y or sumthing. or...they can also ask us what all is required by di and donny to see improvements in the cash flow...

the importance of cash
    the importance of profit
    bla bla bla...:mad: i so hate exams!

ReputationRep:
    high guys my first post but i have question.
    How could we address the use of stock control and its effects on tesco.
    Just a couple of possible points to use would be helpfull.
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nes)
    yup... i think they will only ask us to adjust the 60 000 net cash inflow of the prevour year end to this years..and in that we only just add the 60000 with the net cash flow, and there fore, there will not be any more net cash deficit anymore...this point could also be added as an evaluation....for the cash flow forecast question...and i think we will be asked that as it is actually written in our syllabus that we will be asked to make ammendments...and recently they have been asking questions from places we feel are not that significant..so.... aslo... i wanna know more points about contribution...

and.........there is a possibility that we will be asked questions about overtrading or liquidity problems in general...that myt be faced by di and donny as they will be providing for the large scale operating tesco...

also..last year al the questions that have been asked for unit three came solely from the data provided at the end..nuthing had been asked from IKEA..so i have a feeling that our questinos are going to be more or less relatedy to D i and Donny....

few things that my just turn up in the paper with and added line or two will include depreciatin...
    or they may give us few definations...so i ges we have to chek the syllabus paper and note down as many defination as possible..

also.. we dont have much information in to assess for di and donny or even tesco for that matter, so we could be asked question about the what all i s required for a fuller evaluation... the additional information and all...

oh and they said before the forecast that di and donny is expecting better trading by the end of the year..they might ask up to state a reason y or sumthing. or...they can also ask us what all is required by di and donny to see improvements in the cash flow...

the importance of cash
    the importance of profit
    OMG........thankkxx a lott NES........u answered almost all of my questions......hehe

and yeah one more thing....anyone......i will be giving unit 1 as well so i was just going through the TOOLKIT and i think therez too much extra stuff written in the toolkit .....too tooo much extra ....do we need to know all that information too and i dont think so that they are gona ask that in the examination.......

ReputationRep:
    CONTRIBUTION MARGIN METHOD:
    A variation of this method uses the Contribution Margin ratio (CM ratio) instead of the unit contribution margin. The result is the break even in total sales dollars rather than in total units sold.

Break even point in total sales dollars = Fixed expenses / CM ratio

$35,000 / 0.40

= $87,500

This approach is particularly suitable in situations where a company has multiple products lines and wishes to compute a single break even point for the company as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be glad if most of the questions are from the cash flow statement, and if there are amendments to make. Answers will be limited and precise hence high marks!

Anyone here did theoretical questions on cash flow statements? adv and disadv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z for all)
    Okay now hre is a question!
    Q) Evaluate Tesco's pricing policies?
    @ shoaib wud u lyk to hlp me to gather sum points on dis question! thnKuuuu
    you could mention these points

Tesco has classified its pricing strategies in accordance with its brand labels. With Value brand tesco plc charges low prices -- they might be using cost based pricing on these products but i aint sure..

Premium pricing helps tesco to earn higher revenues and profits due to the distinctive and significant quality.

n then u can mention abt the pricing charged for the products under tesco brand label...
    well overall i guess they adopt more of a market oriented n competition based pricing..
    in addition to the above u can also mention about destroyer pricing.

Destroyer pricing helps it to penetrate into its existing market, and gain greater foothold within the market. It also helps to kick out other major competitors out of the market thus helping tesco to avoid threats from competitors. However OFT has shown some concerns over such pricing, which reflects an unethical approach on behalf of tesco plc.

nes and ayman might be more helpful in this question.. all i know r the above points. i hope this helps u

ReputationRep:
    guys do u think JIT will be useful to the tesco? need some points on it.. i guess due to the nature of its business it does not suite tesco at all.. however it could apply it to some of its non food product lines? am i right about it or can JIT be applied.. need some points on this

ReputationRep:
    can we consider community initiatives as part of tesco's social responsibility..even though these have been mentioned under Promotions heading n as stated they have been criticized as a valuable source of advertising n positive publicity

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz i need a lil of help :P
    i need to gather some points for this questions because i find very limited info on this in case
    "Assess how tesco plc would set its marketing objectives in order to reach its goal of growth and development."
    des were my points:
    > The objectives will be set according to the market at which they are aiming.e.g. mass marketing
    >It will depend on the tesco's four core objectives

no more further points lol

secondly,
    tesco is a legal monoply since it's market share is above 25%, so in UK we can say its a legal monoply...is this correct/??:O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoaib farooq)
    you could mention these points

Tesco has classified its pricing strategies in accordance with its brand labels. With Value brand tesco plc charges low prices -- they might be using cost based pricing on these products but i aint sure..

Premium pricing helps tesco to earn higher revenues and profits due to the distinctive and significant quality.

n then u can mention abt the pricing charged for the products under tesco brand label...
    well overall i guess they adopt more of a market oriented n competition based pricing..
    in addition to the above u can also mention about destroyer pricing.

Destroyer pricing helps it to penetrate into its existing market, and gain greater foothold within the market. It also helps to kick out other major competitors out of the market thus helping tesco to avoid threats from competitors. However OFT has shown some concerns over such pricing, which reflects an unethical approach on behalf of tesco plc.

nes and ayman might be more helpful in this question.. all i know r the above points. i hope this helps u
    @@shoaib
    could we also say that tesco uses a market based pricing approach which may include customer perceived value or going rate pricing..they do this to maintain market share and also try increase sales at the same time..this would also help them to gain an advantage over the competitors..
    im nt sure of the above but would appreciate it if someone told me if it was right or not

could anyone tell me the channel of distribution tesco uses to get its products into the market?
    pls.thnkx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the toolkit passwork or have the toolkit?

ReputationRep:
    Will we get a question on breakeven analysis for unit 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nes)

the importance of cash
    the importance of profit
    hmmm i think ur right...........questions will come frm Di and Donny!!!!!!!but we don't hav much info to write about it....so i am sure that the question paper will have additions...nd yeah....<atoo parrt mairo na> i knw u luv xams..or else u wudn't hav bothered writing this huge post.....newayz,...give me the link to the 'TOOLKIT'!!!

ReputationRep:
    thnku sooo Much @Shoaib!
    wht abt the point that tesco targets charges Low to its customers on clothes and u knw there is also information given in APPENDIX#2 i mean we never discussed such topic???

ReputationRep:
    I'll be glad if most of the questions are from the cash flow statement, and if there are amendments to make. Answers will be limited and precise hence high marks!

Anyone here did theoretical questions on cash flow statements? adv and disadv?
    for di and donny:

i dont have any paper or anyting near by so i wil write down all thats in my head when i think about cash flow forecast for di and donny.

okay...
    cash flow forecast is basically predicted a lay out of the cash inflows and outflows of a firm in a period of time..it also shows where the cash is coming from and how it is spent..

cash flow forecast can be used by di and donny to find out the period of time within which they are likely to face cash flow problems, that is , when they mite becum tight in cash, which may be quite useful to them as they will be supplying to such a large scale retailer being only a small business themselves.and so, may take actions before hand to prevent such occurances by arranging finance through banks, in which case agan, they might requrire a cash flow forecast, that is , convincing enough for the banks to senction the load to di and donny, and again, tey are a small business. in addidtion to all these, cashflow forecasts wll also enable firms to decide the on the best time to make investments, i.e, when their net cashflow in high...
    HOWEVER
    cash flow forecast is only prediction where the values are all estimated and thus their accuracy shall be questioned..in addition to that, cash flow forecast doesnt take into consideration any sort of external factors that may cause changes in it's values, for example, economic problems etc. aslo, during the last three months of the year 2007 di and donn was expecting to get a subsidy of (sum amount,..,chek the forecast)...which, if not recieved will reduce their cash flow by (that amount) and there fore effect the balances of the later times.
    thus we can conclude that cash flow forecast is a good method of planning and controlling but shall be more efficient when if complemented with other planning and control techniques like Budgeting, (cash budgets). also, their financial evaluations could me made better if we had known their financial situations, for example, ratio analysis etc.:p: :p: :p:

there could be points missing here...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.