Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yllasjarvi)
    How did your Interviews go? I felt that the Management one went ok, but the Economics was horrible, very Maths based. Can sense a rejection coming my way.
    Everyone at Trinity College got interviewed by all 3 tutors simultaneously and received only one interview, questions were obscure but it felt alright, the logic questions I answered well and the maths questions seemed simple, although I didn't answer one correctly. Only two management questions were asked which I could have formulated a better response but under intimidating pressure of the management tutors gaze it wasn't perfect aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_95)
    I haven't received anything from ucl apart from the acknowledgement email. How did your interview go?
    Received a offer for Economics and Business but for straight Economics just a acknowledgment letter also The interview* was decent thank you, could have formulated better responses to be honest but was decent under interview pressure. I mentioned to the management tutor I want to get into science and technology entrepreneurship/management and he said 'so why economics?' Haha, had to place such a passionate speech to redeem myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do i need to have taken geography to apply for land economy at cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    Do i need to have taken geography to apply for land economy at cambridge?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    no
    Do you know what course would be better for me as I'm taking maths, further, history and economics; land economy or plain economics?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what course would be better for me as I'm taking maths, further, history and economics; land economy or plain economics?
    It's really up to you. No one can say which is better for your interest. Economics is one of, if not the most, competitive courses at Cambridge. There's reason for that too... it's the top establishment for Economics and its extremely employable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    What do you mean? It's common for teachers to predict an A* if you get 90%+ at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right, im sorry, i didnt know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardigansandjeans)
    Oh right, im sorry, i didnt know that.
    You don't need to be sorry lol

ReputationRep:
    It's really up to you. No one can say which is better for your interest. Economics is one of, if not the most, competitive courses at Cambridge. There's reason for that too... it's the top establishment for Economics and its extremely employable.
    is it worth going to summer schools or master classes at oxbridge or odes that not really help

ReputationRep:
    City university just lowered my offer and I found out on their website that it has lowered for everyone as well for the Economics course. I wonder why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    City university just lowered my offer and I found out on their website that it has lowered for everyone as well for the Economics course. I wonder why
    Probably not enough applicants. Always thought AAA for their required grades was too high for them, when there are others more reputable with lower requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Probably not enough applicants. Always thought AAA for their required grades was too high for them, when there are others more reputable with lower requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's true and all also they are allowing a lot more students in to university so grades go lower

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in my first year at UCL Econ so if you guys need any help, don't hesitate to contact me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in my first year at UCL Econ so if you guys need any help, don't hesitate to contact me
    Awesome
    What's you're academic record?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard17)
    Awesome
    What's you're academic record?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 A*s and an A at A level. (Maths, FM, Chem, Phys, Econ)

4 A* 5 A 2 B GCSE

ReputationRep:
    is it worth going to summer schools or master classes at oxbridge or odes that not really help
    Yeah they should a strong interest, you might as well apply for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    4 A*s and an A at A level. (Maths, FM, Chem, Phys, Econ)

4 A* 5 A 2 B GCSE
    What were your 5 UCAS choices?

ReputationRep:
    currently got 4/5 offers
    Manchester - Economics - Conditional AAB
    Manchester - Economics and Politics - Conditional AAB
    Man Met - Economics - Conditional 280 UCAS Points
    Leicester - Economics - Conditional ABB

Still waiting on Keel for Economics and Politics

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they should a strong interest, you might as well apply for them.
    but it won't impact my personal statement badly if i don't manage to go?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.