Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous for results day. I've literally been counting down the days, I've even installed a countdown on my phone. That's how much I'm thinking about it. Like I know it's not like A levels, but it's the fact of not knowing. I mean, my exams went okay, some were good, some got the response of "I did, alright. Maybe a C, maybe a D."..actually, a lot got that response. I'm just dying to know. 10 days 'til results day. *Takes a breath*..Man I just wish it would hurry up..the suspense is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Well if I can get an A in yr10, its not impossible!
    We're not all geniuses!!

ReputationRep:
    How is the results sheet set out? Does it show all of your module marks or just your overall grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelhannah)
    How is the results sheet set out? Does it show all of your module marks or just your overall grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a picture somewhere in this thread of an example results sheet around 10 pages back. Basically, for each subject each of your module marks will be listed, then finally an overall grade for the subject. For example, for say Biology:

Biology Unit 1 - 90 UMS A*
    Biology Unit 2 - 85 UMS A
    Biology Unit 3 - 100 UMS A*
    Biology - A*

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As far as I know it has a list of final grades in capital letters then next to that it might have unit grades in lower case.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on your school. I think most will do both modules and overall grades in case you want to get a particular module remarked. I'm not honestly sure what my school does though - all the results sheets I've had to date have just been for modules (bar English Lit. last year which was listed as separate modules presumably because they thought it was easy enough to add up). I tried emailing my school (whilst term was still ongoing for the Year 10s and below) asking them what the results sheet would like but alas they did not reply. You'd think they would though, really, it's not that hard a question to answer.

ReputationRep:
    So the sheet will say all modules? Even the ones you did in Year 10?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! You replied really fast- thanks for clearing that up for me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! You replied really fast- thanks for clearing that up for me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This thread fills up with replies so quickly that it's nigh-on impossible to keep track of it. I think it's the nerves... We're all a bit (or in my case quite a lot) nervous about it so we just post to try and ease those nerves.

Yeah, that's not helping much for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I know GCSE Results are tiny compared to even A-Level but that still doesn't mean they don't mean a lot just that A-Levels are life changers and your life literally depends on them, if you fail then its game over pretty much.
    Nobody will murder you on the spot if you don't get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, I'm still not sure how to work this app... how do you get the original post up with your own comment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, I'm still not sure how to work this app... how do you get the original post up with your own comment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You go to the persons words you want to quote and u click the button that has this on it.... +" (and has a little speech bubble beside it,with a pen) which will put it in the comment box below and then u can write your reply EASY! its just one button, hope i explained it ok :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    You're talking out of your A***. Your life does not literally depend on your A-levels. You can certainly have a good life without any A-levels.
    If you fail your A-levels then you won't get into University and then you won't be able to get the enjoyable job that you want(like for me maths research or meteorologist).You will end up on the doll looking for jobs that you don't want and don't enjoy and you might get bthem and even if you don't, which is possible with my lack of social skills, then you could get booted out of the doll, with them being so strict on job searching and then it really is life over and all of this seems far more than theoretical to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    So the sheet will say all modules? Even the ones you did in Year 10?
    At my school, they only list the modules you sat in that session plus the overall grade achieved- for example when I got my A* in English Language in Year 10 it listed only the Unit 3 score because that was the only unit sat in that session.It will list the unit grade from that session even if it is worse than a previous sitting and thus doesn't count towards the overall grade listed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    If you fail your A-levels then you won't get into University and then you won't be able to get the enjoyable job that you want(like for me maths research or meteorologist).You will end up on the doll looking for jobs that you don't want and don't enjoy and you might get bthem and even if you don't, which is possible with my lack of social skills, then you could get booted out of the doll, with them being so strict on job searching and then it really is life over and all of this seems far more than theoretical to me.
    Lord Alan Sugar - he left school with only 1 GCSE in English Lit. I'm pretty sure he's richer than you'll ever be.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376292263.636956.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  73.2 KB

For anyone wondering this is how the modules turn up on the certificates

And this is the actual certificate Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376292363.141524.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  130.6 KB

Just thought I'd help with year 10 examples x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey if we want to retake can we retake just one exam, e.g. for eng lit just unit 1 or for german just unit 1 listening? or do we have to retake the whole subject? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    We're not all geniuses!!
    :lol:

But if I can do it in year ten, someone can do it in year 12!

ReputationRep:
    Cie igcse results come out tomorrow. **** **** **** I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by And I)
    Lord Alan Sugar - he left school with only 1 GCSE in English Lit. I'm pretty sure he's richer than you'll ever be.
    One example out of millions and times have changed. Statistically you're better off with a level passes, but if you work hard in life you'll get somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.