Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just received the "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible." email from LSE Bsc Economics an hour ago! Hopefully I can hear back before the new year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    looking at last week and todays activity i think its gonna be lse thursday from now on.
    Yeah I've had all my responses on thursday, funnily enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddymorrison96)
    5 weeks today any history applicants here ???
    5 week history too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm14)
    Yeah I've had all my responses on thursday, funnily enough
    Fancy calling LSE on behalf of all lawyers - just to see what the current situation is? ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelondonlife)
    Just received the "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible." email from LSE Bsc Economics an hour ago! Hopefully I can hear back before the new year...
    When you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Fancy calling LSE on behalf of all lawyers - just to see what the current situation is? ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just go for it - I've called a couple of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    I applied two days later than you with similar grades so hopefully I'll hear soon Where else have you applied?
    Yes I hope you hear back soon, I know the wait is just awful I also applied to Oxford, UCL, KCL and Warwick. Getting this offer has made me so much more relaxed for my Oxford interview How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Got my 5 week email 6 weeks and 4 days ago... still nothing. Has anyone heard from the Economic History department yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Just go for it - I've called a couple of times.
    Did they give you a personal update or just a generic response?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Did they give you a personal update or just a generic response?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personal - I gave my UCAS ID and he went and looked and said it's still under consideration etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelondonlife)

I received the same email earlier - I am applying for Economics too.

Today marked eight weeks since my five week email.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't receive 2 weeks email (I sent mine 25th November), but today I received straight 7 weeks email. Did anyone get the same?

I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Management programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take approximately seven weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Personal - I gave my UCAS ID and he went and looked and said it's still under consideration etc.
    Well it sounds basically as a generic response; I mean, what else could they have told you?

ReputationRep:
    Well that seemed a let down...

ReputationRep:
    It's like being madly in love with a girl who's ridiculously out of your league and was originally a very close friend but one night at the party of a mutual friend, you overdid it on the blue WKD, got very drunk and admitted you were in love with her. Then the day after there's an awkward conversation via text where she's like 'aw you're so cute, I didn't know you liked me in that way' and she says she'll 'give you a chance for 4 weeks' and then decide whether she wants go out with you. Then on about the third week the text conversations are starting to get a little dry 'Wuu2? Nm' etc. and you get a bit impatient and say something stupid like 'So what's happening between us then?' and you don't get a reply, but you don't want to send another message cos it'll make you sound really needy. So you leave it, and the fourth week goes by staring at your phone.. still no reply. And the fifth week goes by.. still no reply. By the sixth week you're wallowing in shame and embarrassment 'please just reject me already, I know you're too good for me'...

Then you find out that the girl is playing around 3000 other guys in the same way, and it makes you feel a little better.. but only a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehrmantraut)
    It's like being madly in love with a girl who's ridiculously out of your league and was originally a very close friend but one night, in drunken stupor, you admitted you were in love with her. Then the day after there's an awkward conversation via text where she's like 'aw you're so cute, I didn't know you liked me in that way' and she says she'll 'give you a chance for 4 weeks' and then decide whether she wants go out with you. Then on about the third week the text conversations are starting to get a little dry 'Wuu2? Nm' etc. and you get a bit impatient and say something stupid like 'So what's happening between us then?' and you don't get a reply, but you don't want to send another message cos it'll make you sound really needy. So you leave it, and the fourth week goes by staring at your phone.. still no reply. And the fifth week goes by.. still no reply. By the sixth week you're wallowing in shame and embarrassment 'please just reject me already, I know you're too good for me'...

Then you find out that the girl is playing around 3000 other guys in the same way, and it makes you feel a little better.. but only a little.
    to be fair we're courting 4 other girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    When you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Applied on Oct 1 and received this email 8 weeks and 1 day after the '5 week email'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehrmantraut)
    It's like being madly in love with a girl who's ridiculously out of your league and was originally a very close friend but one night at the party of a mutual friend, you overdid it on the blue WKD, got very drunk and admitted you were in love with her. Then the day after there's an awkward conversation via text where she's like 'aw you're so cute, I didn't know you liked me in that way' and she says she'll 'give you a chance for 4 weeks' and then decide whether she wants go out with you. Then on about the third week the text conversations are starting to get a little dry 'Wuu2? Nm' etc. and you get a bit impatient and say something stupid like 'So what's happening between us then?' and you don't get a reply, but you don't want to send another message cos it'll make you sound really needy. So you leave it, and the fourth week goes by staring at your phone.. still no reply. And the fifth week goes by.. still no reply. By the sixth week you're wallowing in shame and embarrassment 'please just reject me already, I know you're too good for me'...

Brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gera_95)
    I didn't receive 2 weeks email (I sent mine 25th November), but today I received straight 7 weeks email. Did anyone get the same?

I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Management programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take approximately seven weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

I got it too, almost 3 weeks after my 2 week mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackfyre)
    I got it too, almost 3 weeks after my 2 week mail.
    Did you get it today? I even didn't receive my 2 week mail. Hopefully this is a good sign. Fingers crossed..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.