Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Has happened again this season to be honest. Mark Davies injured, Holden not back, Craig Davies spending a lot of time on the sides, heskey and Prattley injured in last 2 weeks.

Can't win.
    You look a different prospect with Lennon at the helm, though. Could (and should) have broken into the top half of the table at the weekend. Best of luck for tomorrow night - we haven't had the best record at the Reebok/the Macron over the years. I'm still haunted by Westerveld's howler to gift Dean Holdsworth a last minute winner back in 2001.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Yep
    He has no ambition and he kills clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on these two? Heard good things about Lavery - looking forward to seeing him play. Hoping the same for Mani, relatively untested but I trust our manager on this one.
    Lavery is a fair player. He's being loaned out as his big injury at the start of the season meant he needs to get up and running. Personally i'd send Will Keane back asap and bring Lavery up to speed but hey.

Mani was essentially a development squad player of ours with mixed reviews. Didn't look to be breaking into the first team at all so can't really give any substantial comments about him. Probably be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    He has no ambition and he kills clubs.
    Kills clubs??? Don't really know where that has come from to be honest. Dave may not be investing in the club at the moment (and when you're 5th in League One you really should be to keep play offs alive), but we have a lot to be thankful for - most notably our new stadium that has almost doubled our attendances, which obviously has knock on effects with budgets etc.

(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Lavery is a fair player. He's being loaned out as his big injury at the start of the season meant he needs to get up and running. Personally i'd send Will Keane back asap and bring Lavery up to speed but hey.

Mani was essentially a development squad player of ours with mixed reviews. Didn't look to be breaking into the first team at all so can't really give any substantial comments about him. Probably be okay.
    Nice, thanks for that. I reckon Lavery will be first choice striker for his month here, shame we didn't get him for the rest of the season though.

ReputationRep:
    Kills clubs??? Don't really know where that has come from to be honest. Dave may not be investing in the club at the moment (and when you're 5th in League One you really should be to keep play offs alive), but we have a lot to be thankful for - most notably our new stadium that has almost doubled our attendances, which obviously has knock on effects with budgets etc.

Nice, thanks for that. I reckon Lavery will be first choice striker for his month here, shame we didn't get him for the rest of the season though.
    That comment stems from his time at Hillsborough which couldn't have ended sooner

No problem amigo!

ReputationRep:
    That comment stems from his time at Hillsborough which couldn't have ended sooner
    Ah, it completely escaped me about his time at SWFC. Must admit I don't know a great deal about it though - wasn't it something to do with sacking a manager for little or no reason?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, it completely escaped me about his time at SWFC. Must admit I don't know a great deal about it though - wasn't it something to do with sacking a manager for little or no reason?
    Check my link to his wiki. Calling shareholding fans cretins, yobs and other insults destroyed his reputation with the club.

Not to mention sacking Paul Sturrock and then losing Steve McLean for nothing (who scored 13? goals the prior season before his career went to pot). We essentially had a ongoing civil war at Hillsborough between him (and the board) and a fair portion of the fans.

ReputationRep:
    Check my link to his wiki. Calling shareholding fans cretins, yobs and other insults destroyed his reputation with the club.

Not to mention sacking Paul Sturrock and then losing Steve McLean for nothing (who scored 13? goals the prior season before his career went to pot). We essentially had a ongoing civil war at Hillsborough between him (and the board) and a fair portion of the fans.
    Wow never knew it was that bad. Isn't he a Wednesday fan? Seem to remember someone telling me a while ago but that seems unlikely after reading that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Apparently this is 100% done now. That is some strike force, I imagine anything less than automatic promotion would be a disaster? (Although a playoff place can be forgiven if you still go up)
    It would be a disaster. If only because, if we don't go up, I can see a few players moving on - Hughes in particular.

I think Newcastle are still waiting to see what happens with McClaren at the end of the season too so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave if we failed as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You've signed Lingard on loan from us as well, looks like there will be plenty of competition for places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup. 8 good players at this level fighting it out for 3 places. Realistically, 2 of them are probably going to miss out on the matchday squad altogether. Real tough competition.

How do you rate Lingaard, out of interest? I noticed that you extended his contract before loaning him out to us - does that mean he's part of your future plans or is it just to ensure a decent fee if we want to take him permanently at the end?

ReputationRep:
    I want Rotherham to get relegated; since Rochdale probably won't get promoted (from League One), and both have been in the news for the wrong reasons lately, I can imagine the kind of chants supporters of both teams are capable of conjuring up
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dele Alli's a hell of a player actually, isn't he?

Just seen his goals highlights reel on Sky Sports News. Granted, it's no sign of a great player - but he's lit up MK Dons and League One this year. He could easily keep a bottom-half PL side up imo, just hope he gets a fair crack of the whip at Tottenham under Pochetinno.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Johnson sacked by Yeovil

It's been a long 21 months since the play-off final

ReputationRep:
    You lot that watch lower league football (specifically Championship), how often are you able to find streams for your matches?

Preparing for next season you see :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Roger Johnson has gone! ROGER JOHNSON HAS GONE!! The joy on twitter is too much right now, just 87 minutes and Sako is still one of our own for the rest of the season

Result!!!

You going Saturday mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisjones123)
    Result!!!

You going Saturday mate?
    Not going to the Reading game no, next game i'm going is Cardiff at the end of the month which should be lively!

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You lot that watch lower league football (specifically Championship), how often are you able to find streams for your matches?

Preparing for next season you see :cool:
    Never. Most of us go to the match though when we can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I do go to games ftr (not that you're having a go just clearing that up).

**** me that's **** then. Who do you support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    Gary Johnson sacked by Yeovil

It's been a long 21 months since the play-off final
    They can accept not surviving the Championship (too small for the Championship anyway) but not a second successive relegation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    The big clubs have streams

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I do go to games ftr (not that you're having a go just clearing that up).

**** me that's **** then. Who do you support?
    He's a Brentford fan, doing fantastic they are, hope they go up but in all honesty I think they'll slide out of the play-offs.

I'm certain that Villa won't go down, but if they do your club and support is way too big to not have a stream. Whilst we can't legally share streaming links, you won't go far wrong on social networking sites.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.