Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Nope he's been giving reliable news about through the Carvalho bid. Usually whenever we make a bid for a player, and if it's asked Wenger will always deny.
    With Arsenal, with anyone really though especially you guys, I'll believe it when he's in the shirt in a picture with Wenger. I don't trust any "ITK's" so we'll see if confirmation arrives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isnt anyone else shocked that Lampard asked not to play against Chelsea. LOL is he even allowed to do that. Nice that he wants to show respect but ffs, I dont think it should be allowed tbh

ReputationRep:
    until the ornacle reports it im gonna keep my expectations low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    Isnt anyone else shocked that Lampard asked not to play against Chelsea. LOL is he even allowed to do that. Nice that he wants to show respect but ffs, I dont think it should be allowed tbh
    It's a shame imo.

Means that we can't just run through the middle.

He's perfectly within his rights to do that and shows how true legends have respect for their club.

ReputationRep:

Vainer than Giroud! He is obsessed with pulling his shorts up like that lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    It's a shame imo.

Means that we can't just run through the middle.

He's perfectly within his rights to do that and shows how true legends have respect for their club.
    LOL I guess im annoyed none of our(AFC) players who left for rival clubs did that for us..but they werent legends anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    £10m for Jack Rodwell that is very good business by Sunderland. He's actually a good player just regressed a bit at Man City. I hope he regains his Everton form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)

Vainer than Giroud! He is obsessed with pulling his shorts up like that lol!
    If he can be more clinical infornt of goal, I really don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Hope Arsenal do well this season. Well in for more trophies.

Hope Arteta proves all his doubters wrong.

Bye.

ReputationRep:
    verm to barca would be sweet, 10m is a fair price. meaning we will have to look for another CB, would like nastasic but his wage demands would probably be too high. heard fabian schar being thrown around, never seen him play tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    Hope Arsenal do well this season. Well in for more trophies.

Hope Arteta proves all his doubters wrong.

Bye.
    Hopefully, one or two more signings of quality and then it's anyone's guess.

He won't, he's past it.

Goodnight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For a new defender, I'd like us to bring a real nutter in. A Keown, someone who can give the team that bit of bite (no Suarez) in defence.

ReputationRep:
    Why do some people rate Nastasic so highly? Very error prone and whenever I saw him play for city, he always looked uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Why do some people rate Nastasic so highly? Very error prone and whenever I saw him play for city, he always looked uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because he's a beast on Fifa. Has great potential. Can get the complete defender rating. :yes:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    concentration in some games has been poor and sometimes seen ball watching but personally i pin that down to inexperience and lack of game time. His overall defending is decent enough for him to be our back up, his main strengths are his distribution of the ball with his excellent pass completion stats and his positioning is normally pretty spot on.

At 21 I think he should be able to iron out some of his flaws that come with inexperience.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wondered this too, didn't see him too much but he never stood out to me

ReputationRep:
    Vermaelen to Barca sort of makes sense. Can see them playing 3atb this season which would be very beneficial to the attackers. Obviously Pique doesn't have the pace to play RCB so I would expect Masch-Pique-Verm as the back line with Alves and Alba as wing-backs. Rakitic-Iniesta would be a good midfield too and obviously the three stars up front. Quite interesting if they change formation tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    Good for him. Shows that even though he has left, his loyalty to the club is still there. Respect for him, a true footballer and a guy I always admire. Of course it should be allowed, the player should be allowed certain freedoms within a club, and that includes choosing to not play. Besides, he is a loan player at City and as such should be given certain liberties a full-time player should not.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    For a new defender, I'd like us to bring a real nutter in. A Keown, someone who can give the team that bit of bite (no Suarez) in defence.
    I personally think we are fine in defense, although I would possibly like to bring in a 2nd choice left back for when Gibbs is not match fit. Monreal should be shipped off on loan to where he belongs - a League 2 team. I wouldn't say no to a big bulky Viera type player who walks up to other teams and says 'If you touch Sanchez/Walcott/Wilshere etc, I will wreck you.'

ReputationRep:
    So the Community Shield on Sunday is not just between two clubs, it's also between two airlines (Emirates vs Etihad - although they're competing every day for plane passengers anyway)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.