Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayowapops)
    So happy just got my first offer which was from Sheffield,sent it on Monday.
    Where else did you apply?Your stats
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone say that the chances/competitiveness of economics vs economics with/& econometrics are different?

I know that it is under the same department but for some like bristol the requirements are slightly lower (for econometrics) suggesting better chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    Would anyone say that the chances/competitiveness of economics vs economics with/& econometrics are different?

I know that it is under the same department but for some like bristol the requirements are slightly lower (for econometrics) suggesting better chances.
    I'm sure you could find apps per place for the courses you're looking at. It might be less competitive but any econ course is likely to be pretty competititve

ReputationRep:

I think it is less competitive, I know a girl who's predicted 3As and has an offer for econ & econometrics already

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't think so.
    I have an offer for it, but I would have thought that it would have been more competitive if anything, although it could just be that Bristol have lower entry criteria for these smaller courses (w/ econmetrics, management, finance etc) to incentivise high achieving students to apply there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Did you get all offers?
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting for 2 to respond!
    Got 3 offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    I am still waiting for 2 to resWpond!
    Got 3 offers!
    Where from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Where from?
    Nottingham,Manchester and QMUL
    Still waiting for Warwick and Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, im new here - still getting used to this

Has everyone heard from LSE still waiting from them ... I really want to go to LSE

I have got offers from City University (320 UCAS Points), QMUL (3 As), Greenwhich (300 UCAS Points). I am waiting for LSE (on the site they want AAB for Economics and Economics history) and for SOAS (on the site they want AAA).

I want to go LSE, is it wise for me to have LSE as my firm choice and then City as my back ??? My predicted grades are AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humayra.ac)

Has everyone heard from LSE still waiting from them ... I really want to go to LSE

I have got offers from City University (320 UCAS Points), QMUL (3 As), Greenwhich (300 UCAS Points). I am waiting for LSE (on the site they want AAB for Economics and Economics history) and for SOAS (on the site they want AAA).

I want to go LSE, is it wise for me to have LSE as my firm choice and then City as my back ??? My predicted grades are AAB
    No, definitely not everyone. Only a few I have seen on this thread hold offers. Many are still waiting just like me

ReputationRep:
    Has/Is anyone else applying to other countries?
    I am considering Germany,Australia,Canada and Ireland!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    No, definitely not everyone. Only a few I have seen on this thread hold offers. Many are still waiting just like me

Ooh ok i see. i guess will have to continue with waiting game for now

ReputationRep:

lse want AAB for economics and economic history???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    lse want AAB for economics and economic history???
    they haven't given me an offer yet. But on the website it says AAB

ReputationRep:
    they haven't given me an offer yet. But on the website it says AAB
    Oh fair I just checked, dw

ReputationRep:
    Have many people applied to Nottingham , if so what kind of offers are they getting, also what do employers and people think of the Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by complexbruh)
    Have many people applied to Nottingham , if so what kind of offers are they getting, also what do employers and people think of the Uni
    I got an A*ABB offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    I got an A*ABB offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one, are you going to firm ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by complexbruh)
    Nice one, are you going to firm ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah don't think so, I'll firm cambridge but not sure what I'll be insuring yet could be warwick notts or leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.