Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Banana cake is much nicer with chocolate chips in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Definitely agree with Poncho! However, I would at least try it with raisins...
    Not sure as I've had it with chocolate in, may need to try this sometime! Next time we have too many bananas... *rubs hands together*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Not sure as I've had it with chocolate in, may need to try this sometime! Next time we have too many bananas... *rubs hands together*
    Banana and chocolate is heaven!
    Good old camping meal slit a banana dow the centre, but not full, put in chocolate buttons, wrap in foil, put on a bbq or something. Eat nom nom nom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Banana and chocolate is heaven!
    Good old camping meal slit a banana dow the centre, but not full, put in chocolate buttons, wrap in foil, put on a bbq or something. Eat nom nom nom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree with you there, definitely! Or anything banana flavoured or anything banana-ey at all tbh, except normal bananas before they're ripe :unimpressed: But :eek: that sounds so nice! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs::hugs::hugs: Really want to come up with something weird and scarily funny like you say to make everyone else feel better, but as it is you'll just have to picture me looking like a dog and remember that you're awesome instead Or you can beat me at scrabble again later if you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hah I do that? :p: I guess picturing you as a dog is weird and scarily funny anyway so ok! I'm not that awesome, sucking a lot lately :sad: Yea, we can play scrabble if you're not too tired. May not be as talkative as usual.

Thanks for caring

(Original post by bullettheory)
    What's going on mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Life unfortunately. Uni troubles at the moment. All a big mess. Just feeling crappy in general. It's one of these cycles, started a few weeks ago and is getting worse where I'm literally a useless potato for months :sad: Gonna **** up uni so hard anyway and not make any friends so... :/

Thanks for caring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Basically I was doing an apartment swap with a lecturer there whos spending time up in Manchester. But she isn't going any more it seems so I'd have nowhere secure to stay in Cambridge. I couldn't live in halls/shared; that'd totally destroy me and just wouldn't cope so it looks like its off.got an email back from the head of studies who basically agrees.

Gonna contact the Manchester area unis tomorrow, but I don't hold out too much hope as its really late and I have literally no qualifications :/
    :hugs:
    maybe look in to young professional flats rather than student flats in cambridge? is it the actual sharing that you can't do, or the sharing with a messy, loud, obnoxious student? because if the whole student thing puts you off theres bound to be a quiet office worker or something looking for a flatshare too?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samba)
    Hah I do that? :p: I guess picturing you as a dog is weird and scarily funny anyway so ok! I'm not that awesome, sucking a lot lately :sad: Yea, we can play scrabble if you're not too tired. May not be as talkative as usual.

Thanks for caring

Life unfortunately. Uni troubles at the moment. All a big mess. Just feeling crappy in general. It's one of these cycles, started a few weeks ago and is getting worse where I'm literally a useless potato for months :sad: Gonna **** up uni so hard anyway and not make any friends so... :/

Thanks for caring
    You do, to me anyway! Just had my hair cut so it's all fluffy, too, so add that to your picture :unimpressed: I'm sure you're not, you're definitely not on here anyway (and you definitely are awesome!) Might do if you want, apologies if I go to sleep thoguh

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to apologise in advance for posting on here while drunk later. Not even going to pretend it's not because it's the easiest way to deal with my family, the 'drink every time your offended' game is particularly brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    I'm just going to apologise in advance for posting on here while drunk later. Not even going to pretend it's not because it's the easiest way to deal with my family, the 'drink every time your offended' game is particularly brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *imagines Valvopus waving many drunken tentacles*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    maybe look in to young professional flats rather than student flats in cambridge? is it the actual sharing that you can't do, or the sharing with a messy, loud, obnoxious student? because if the whole student thing puts you off theres bound to be a quiet office worker or something looking for a flatshare too?
    Nah sharing full stop is a big no! (And having to move all the time etc) Can't even let most people sleep over lol. Kinda sorted out a emergency plan today for uni in manchester/salford but its just such a big disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs: what's wrong hun?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    literally everything. feel so low and ****. voices still going and I just feel like I want to self destruct before uni so so so bad. sorry for moaning. you're so lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)

You should take up arm knitting
    Spoiler:
    Show
    its like bondage for knotting :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Nah sharing full stop is a big no! (And having to move all the time etc) Can't even let most people sleep over lol. Kinda sorted out a emergency plan today for uni in manchester/salford but its just such a big disappointment.
    sorry I haven't replied to your text, fell asleep for a bit. not feeling up to talking im afraid, but sorry you're feeling bad. Im sure if you really wanted to make it work you could sort something housing wise out. even temporary accommodation like a cheap hotel type thing might work until you can find something more permanent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Not a messy post at all! Sorry the GP was so useless - are there any other ones you can see in that practice? Or at your home practice? That's pretty bad that you never got the notes from that notetaker - have you tried chasing that up/telling disability office that? Could they not have just given you the handwritten notes they'd written during the lecture? That's what my notetakers used to do and it worked quite well.

There is def a difference between counselling and psychology, so it would be good if you could get yourself on a waiting list for CBT or something similar. I appreciate that is far easier said than done (having spent about 10 months waiting for therapy assessment and then therapy approval and then therapy to start) :sadnod:

Big hugs from here - it sounds like things have been very difficult for you :console: :hugs: :console:
    Gah. These ****ing exams. This ****ing revision. I'm working myself hard and feel like considering the time I've put in I've got a lot done but it's so hard to tell if it's enough. I'm aware that it could go either way; there's a chance I'll catch a lucky break and pass but I think its more likely I'll fail. And I'm working pretty flat out. Mentally exhausting myself. Trying to understand and memorise a lot of concepts but it's not that simple. I'm pretty reliant on online lecture notes, and with some it's not quite clear what they're trying to explain therefore i can spend quite a lot of time trying to get my head around certain concepts which obviously not only takes up time but it also can prevent me from learning anymore in the module. Not only this but despite all the effort I've been putting in because of all this mental exhaustion it also has made it harder to sustain the rate of learning and also remember it and put to use this revision in exams because I'm not operating at full capacity when attempting the exams, it feels like there's a limiter on my brain - I recognise the concepts but can't process how they're supposed to work. When I've got a gun to my head, figuratively speaking, I feel can be amazingly productive but I can't make the same claim when things aren't dire. I hate that about myself but it feels like I have this mental block.

And on the one hand I'm actually fairly pleased with what I've been able to do but, on the other, I know that it's not as good as I'd be capable of if I had a normal sleeping pattern, went to lectures and ultimately didn't let work get on top of me and leave it until it's too late. And I know that if I don't pass all this effort, and even the magnitude of what I've done in such a short period of time, will probably count for nothing. I'm not sure if mitigating circumstances can save me. I know I qualify but I got an email a day or two ago about what happens if people fail modules and surprisingly the policy is fairly reasonable, even good, but I don't think even that will be enough to save me.

With regard to doctors, it's just the surgery in general. They were unreliable or threw me from person to person. I had two documents suggesting I needed an ASD assessment from people with some expertise. I arranged an appointment with the doctor and they passed me onto someone else who rescheduled appointments multiple times. I was passed to someone else and things were looking up and then she was unavailable, tried to follow up after a while because I thought that writing up the referral might take a while and I just don't think it was really on their radar when it came to the rest of their workload. I'm meant to followup on a couple of things but I've been working so hard I haven't got around to doing 3+ things I could do with doing. 2 of which I could do fairly quickly. It's uni gp, home one doesn't seem to be very good either because I'm not sure he's very good at accurately diagnosing illnesses or suggesting the best treatments. It's hard to tell, but I'm usually only at home for such short periods it isn't enough to get the referral through and get my assessment in the time I am home.

Well, I was offered it by the disability office first and turned it down but saw one in my lectures for someone else for the first few lectures I actually went to so made a request for them to be forwarded to me but received nothing. Chased it up. Nothing.

CBT is on the list but one step at a time.

I need to find out what is happening with uni which I won't hear about for 2 weeks at least which is ridiculous if I pass. Leaves me about a week to do what I need to do to start the next academic year; find somewhere to live, find a way to get my gear to uni etc. And if I fail, like I suspect, I need to work out what I plan to do with my life because university is my escape from home so I don't want to stay there but I'm not sure what my next step should be yet. I need to work out where I'd like to move, what I need to do about income(I think I might get some allowances because of my medical condition/ability to work but I expect I'll need to find a job and I don't know what I want to do about that. It's bit of a scary prospect. Writing a CV and then finding a job that doesn't make me miserable or bore me to death and even actually pays the bills. And then I need to get myself straight, work out my options. Maybe try uni again once I think I'm up for it. Get my degree. Maybe spend a bit of time abroad. Enjoying myself before getting back to the real world. Getting a well paying job that is suitable for my ability. Getting a social life. Romantic life. And finally just living.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    literally everything. feel so low and ****. voices still going and I just feel like I want to self destruct before uni so so so bad. sorry for moaning. you're so lovely
    Oh hun :console: do you have anyone you can call? How long is it till you start uni? Btw once you know your address at uni, I have a gift I bought for you a couple of weeks ago I've been meaning to send to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)

We're all going to pretend my karaoke song didn't include some ambitious dance moves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    head is going to town with plans tonight, its getting all geared up to take advantage of 1. going back to uni, and 2. living in a big hall of residence without lots of my friends. already bought my gym membership and packed a load of work out clothes, made a list of food substitution items i want to buy when i get there (i.e.; diet coke, coffee, etc etc etc) and creating excuses as to why i missed dinner or whatever. just want this to stop. trying to distract with youtube but finding it really really hard. just wanna be skinny and beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ive had the worst day today, I was back in bed by 2pm because nothing was going right for me. I want to go for a drive in my car but I can't bring myself to leave the house, I'm such an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    head is going to town with plans tonight, its getting all geared up to take advantage of 1. going back to uni, and 2. living in a big hall of residence without lots of my friends. already bought my gym membership and packed a load of work out clothes, made a list of food substitution items i want to buy when i get there (i.e.; diet coke, coffee, etc etc etc) and creating excuses as to why i missed dinner or whatever. just want this to stop. trying to distract with youtube but finding it really really hard. just wanna be skinny and beautiful.
    Why u no on skype!? Hiding again :holmes:

You do, to me anyway! Just had my hair cut so it's all fluffy, too, so add that to your picture :unimpressed: I'm sure you're not, you're definitely not on here anyway (and you definitely are awesome!) Might do if you want, apologies if I go to sleep thoguh
    Fluffyface! You mean you had it groomed? :p: Anyway, scrabble?

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    sorry I haven't replied to your text, fell asleep for a bit. not feeling up to talking im afraid, but sorry you're feeling bad. Im sure if you really wanted to make it work you could sort something housing wise out. even temporary accommodation like a cheap hotel type thing might work until you can find something more permanent
    np, dealt with it in my own special way tonight. And nah, won't work.

(Original post by purple-duck)
    x
    Scrabble?

(Original post by sabertooth)
    x
    Scrabble?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samba)

Scrabble?

Scrabble?
    My face is not fluffy Nor is it furry come to that matter, but yeah, scrabble! Give me something to do other than randomly crying anyway :hide:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

Scrabble?

Scrabble?
    Am i allowed to play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.