Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan_notfox)
    Also, I am so confused..I am using my academic referee for my UCAS application...does this person also have to send the same reference to oxford?
    yes
    this link gives more details:

http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/med...plication-form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    you need 2 academic references minimum for oxford, plus one from work/volunteering experience and they need to be completed and sent by thursday next week. You better hurry.
    yes
    Cheers dude...I am totally unprepared..

ReputationRep:
    Do cambridge require a transcript if you have completed your degree?

ReputationRep:
    If you are independent then yes.
    I am so glad I read this, otherwise my reference may not have been done in time :s

ReputationRep:
    I added my UKCAT to my UCAS, now I'm unsure as to whether I should remove it whats the general consensus, have people put it in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    I added my UKCAT to my UCAS, now I'm unsure as to whether I should remove it whats the general consensus, have people put it in?
    I'm leaving it off. UKCAT say they don't need it on twitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Do cambridge require a transcript if you have completed your degree?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cambridge+Gradu...plication+form

I have no issue answering questions but at least try, it's only the most important form you'll fill out in years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan_notfox)
    Thank you!!

----

Just wondering, how important is it to put down the scores for each module for the following universities: Oxford, Cambridge, King's, Barts and Bristol

I know for Bristol I have to send off a declaration of prior learning and with that my transcript. So is entering my modules really necessary? Cheers!
    Hey! Can you please tell me where it says you also need to send off your transcript for Bristol? I have sent off my declaration of prior learning but not my trasncript...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Hey! Can you please tell me where it says you also need to send off your transcript for Bristol? I have sent off my declaration of prior learning but not my trasncript...
    "Applicants for A101 (graduate entry, four years) will be expected to supply their degreemodule results in full, either within their UCAS application or sent directly to the AdmissionsOffice at the time of submitting their application"

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media...5/medicine.pdf

ReputationRep:
    "Applicants for A101 (graduate entry, four years) will be expected to supply their degreemodule results in full, either within their UCAS application or sent directly to the AdmissionsOffice at the time of submitting their application"

Whoops! Okay I'll send it off now and hope it's okay. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Urgh. Glad it isn't just me. The lack of communication is so frustrating. I haven't heard anything from when they got my DBS clearance 2 weeks ago.
    Yeah i've been emailing them all the time being annoying. They said that my references are now with the manager waiting to be approved and once they are approved they can organise a starting date. So frustrating waiting all this time but I guess they have so many people to deal with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    How is psychology considered generally?
    I have a psychology degree, and doing an MSc in neuroscience, and wondered if the subject isn't considered a science by some uni's (in reality, psychology BSc is definitely a science)
    I think it depends on the university you apply to, Glasgow generally said that although I undertook only neuroscientific courses in my final year my degree did not involve chemistry, thus I would need to sit A levels (also, I am a MA Soc Science). However, if you have a BSc it may be fine, although I think that they may ask for Chemistry A2 if you haven't studied it at all. By the way I am also (hoping to) do a Masters in Neuroscience I am currently applying for it ^^

ReputationRep:

What other unis require transcripts to be sent?

ReputationRep:
    Am I correct in thinking that you can't send your form until your reference has been completed and sent to UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to enter my uni degree into education put the latest qualification date it is letting me put in is 2011 whereas i finished my degree in 2015.

How would i overcome this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfinisheduserna)
    Don't give up just yet bud.

I believe the University of Glasgow will consider graduates on there 5 year course as long as they have a 2:1 in a Science related degree. I am unsure what the UKCAT cutoff is/ has been over the last few years but I believe 640 might just cut it.

I hope this helps.
    Is funding for the 5 year course different to the 4 years? As far as i know you have to fund the 5 year course 100% yourself??
    Can someone confirm this please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    Is funding for the 5 year course different to the 4 years? As far as i know you have to fund the 5 year course 100% yourself??
    Can someone confirm this please
    You have to pay full tuition fees for the first 4 years, so £36,000

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, do we have to enter the results we got for each exam we did at A level or just the final A level grade we obtained? Also, where do we enter our predicted degree classification????

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    What are you guys doing for the employment section of the application? I'm currently working but I don't know if I'm bothered to fill it out. It won't negatively affect my application to be like 'nah', will it?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RexyB)
    What are you guys doing for the employment section of the application? I'm currently working but I don't know if I'm bothered to fill it out. It won't negatively affect my application to be like 'nah', will it?

Thanks in advance!
    I wouldnt imagine so, Im not working yet as Im awaiting my start date so mine will be blank

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.