The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

That last question was a bit of an annoyance. Got 13pi/ln3. Other than that paper was standard. What did others think?
Original post by anonwinner
Barely had enough time to do Q9, I nearly missed it!

Is there Q9 srsly?
Original post by ninetail9990
wasn't y=+-4

+- 16/5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner
Barely had enough time to do Q9, I nearly missed it!

Funny
After seeing these answers Im slowly seeing my A* slip away, what did people do for the second part of the differential equation question?
I subbed in p= 4000, then tried to solve for t, but my sin2t was greater then one so I didn't get an answer and left it that. Hopefully only lost 2/3 marks.
And what did people get K to be for the area under the curve question?
Original post by infinitytheory
I did the same thing ;-;

so angry cos apart from that the paper was easy
Original post by Tina.Shaban
Would the answer for years be in radians or degrees? Wouldn't it depend on the species of animal and how fast they reproduced

radians, i think. I did a past paper with a similar question where you lost a mark for using degrees.
Original post by urz13
I got K as 2 - took 4 out of the equation as a factor, however it was still rooted giving 2 as the constant

yep but it was multiplied by 2cos, so k was 4?
Original post by joe1545
Not easy enough to have 72 for an A* though, Im thinking standard boundaries of 70 for an A* 65 for an A

I would predict 63 for A, 69 for A*, 75 for 100UMS. Paper was not easy enough for 72 A*.

K was 4 not 2 soz
How did everyone find it?? I'm not really sure, I ran out of time and got some strange answers... Vectors question was quite nice though (7.46 for distance???) What do you think the grade boundaries will be? I reckon 60 for an A
Original post by Valkyrian
I can't remember. I think I got something like root3/2 + 4pi/3 :/ don't know. Anyone else? Obviously we got something similar.

Hoping my mistakes were a minimal .. need around 97 UMS to counter my terrible c3 exam.

good i got 4pi/3 as well. At least we're in the same boat ^_^

Pretty sure it 4 brev. There was the 2 from outside the brackets and a 2 from dx=2costheta dtheta
I got k as 4 too. I thought it was kinda difficult overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one who struggled A LOT?
Original post by joe1545
After seeing these answers Im slowly seeing my A* slip away, what did people do for the second part of the differential equation question?
I subbed in p= 4000, then tried to solve for t, but my sin2t was greater then one so I didn't get an answer and left it that. Hopefully only lost 2/3 marks.
And what did people get K to be for the area under the curve question?

K was 2
Original post by dominicwild
When you say only fully answered 3, do you mean that you didn't even attempt all the parts of the other remaining question? o.o

The part I found difficult was coming to a correct answer. There was a lot of messing to be done to get the correct answers. So I expect to missed a lot of answer marks.

I only fully answered 3 questions, the rest i got part a but couldnt do b or c, or i couldnt find a so i couldnt do b even though i knew the method. And i totally agree with it being difficult to come to a correct answer, im pretty sure most of my answers were wrong so im hoping for method marks xD
The only one i didnt attempt was the vectors one. I did half of the dot formula for part c and thats it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JaySP
116π/3ln3 for last question?

YES!!!
What was the last question on the paper, I'm worried I've missed one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending