This discussion is closed.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)

Do these figures make it look like parties were constrained in what they could do?
What about BarnetLad? I still haven't seen a 99p coin and he's been elected the past god knows how many elections.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
What about BarnetLad? I still haven't seen a 99p coin and he's been elected the past god knows how many elections.
He never stood this time, it was Matthew but he's disappeared.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He never stood this time, it was Matthew but he's disappeared.
Oh, I see him around so often I just assumed he was still an MP.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interesting weather report.. after a gloriously sunny and dry month it looks like the Arctic blocking we were waiting for all winter will finally arrive in April!

Hopefully will recover in May but it will feel chilly before.

:mad:
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Snow in April:woo:
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Snow in April:woo:
Probably not this far south or low. Highlands will.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I regret to announce the barkeep has been given his P45 due to the budget cuts resulting from the extra £30billion of debt we now have.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably not this far south or low. Highlands will.
I remember being told about it snowing in July back in the 60's.... That'd be great:yep:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I regret to announce the barkeep has been given his P45 due to the budget cuts resulting from the extra £30billion of debt we now have.
Ermm, as the bar budget is kept confidential between myself, and those on need to know, you couldn't possibly know that, and you aren't in any position to give me my P45 - so as much as you may wish for this to happen - keep dreaming, because I'm still the barkeep.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Ermm, as the bar budget is kept confidential between myself, and those on need to know, you couldn't possibly know that, and you aren't in any position to give me my P45 - so as much as you may wish for this to happen - keep dreaming, because I'm still the barkeep.
As foreign sec on of the only 2 manditory offices in the MHoC and being the one who arranges the wine imports I'm in the need to know.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
As foreign sec on of the only 2 manditory offices in the MHoC and being the one who arranges the wine imports I'm in the need to know.
You're in need to know for parts of the bar's budget - not all of it - I'll stick to my stuff (this bar), you keep to your stuff (not my bar!)
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
You're in need to know for parts of the bar's budget - not all of it - I'll stick to my stuff (this bar), you keep to your stuff (not my bar!)
Ok, no more foreign wine....
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Debt's been unaffected by the Repeal if that's what you're talking about - we do have an extra £60 billion yearly budget deficit though.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Debt's been unaffected by the Repeal if that's what you're talking about - we do have an extra £60 billion yearly budget deficit though.
It has??? Wait why is debt unchanged but deficit not
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
It has??? Wait why is debt unchanged but deficit not
Oh well I guess the debt would change but that's difficult to measure as MHoC time =/= RL time. 6 months here is 5 years of 'fiscal time'. But for some bills we consider real business cycles. Its a bit of a mess tbh. Nevertheless the Repeal doesn't directly change the level of debt in a significant way.

It also depends on whether we consider the Repeal to have simply repealled the legislation or to have 'undone' them as Fez suggests.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Right, I'm off early tonight to drown my sorrows get an early night!

See you all tomorrow - leave a note with what you're having, and I'll stick it on your tab's tomorrow!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Oh well I guess the debt would change but that's difficult to measure as MHoC time =/= RL time. 6 months here is 5 years of 'fiscal time'. But for some bills we consider real business cycles. Its a bit of a mess tbh. Nevertheless the Repeal doesn't directly change the level of debt in a significant way.

It also depends on whether we consider the Repeal to have simply repealled the legislation or to have 'undone' them as Fez suggests.
Well I guess we could get some one to draw up the calendars for the MHoC to get them all stating at the right time...
But I guess that that means we likely have less debt if you look at it as a total reset as we have had 20 years more interest since the last great repeal then RL
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does this mean that I have to start buying my own drinks? I've just been nicking money out the treasury.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well I guess we could get some one to draw up the calendars for the MHoC to get them all stating at the right time...
But I guess that that means we likely have less debt if you look at it as a total reset as we have had 20 years more interest since the last great repeal then RL
Wouldn't that mean more debt? The 20 years don't disappear surely, the law just acts as if we've been living under Con-Lib.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Does this mean that I have to start buying my own drinks? I've just been nicking money out the treasury.
Damn, I told Green_Pink to take good care of the keys.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads