Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toile)
    Hi
    Did you make your choice yet? Cardiff is a great Uni but you should be excited about going, so maybe Oxford could be right one for you.
    Hey! no I still haven't decided - but I found out today that because I'm not financially independent and because of my dads financial situation and his age I'm not entitled to much of a bursary at all, so I think that's swayed me towards Cardiff due to living costs etc and I'd have the option of living at home if I was struggling as I live about 50 mins from Cardiff. (This is my second degree so can't get a loan) to be honest whatever the circumstance though just so excited to think I will eventually be a Physio! so I'm happy to go to either x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msiapt)
    I'm sure you can get that!!
    I'm a mature student so I need 30 credits distinction and the rest of 15 passed 😅
    Did you pic an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put Cardiff as my insurance although they're asking for AA too 😂 Have you picked one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hcant)
    Thinking more self catered at Raleigh Park because I think it gives more flexibility and with the long physio hours I wasn't sure if I would make meal times!!
    yeah a student at the open day said they didn't always make it back in time for meals :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_27)
    I put Cardiff as my insurance although they're asking for AA too 😂 Have you picked one?
    Yeah I've put Bradford even though they're asking for higher grades 😂😂 have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Huddersfield yet? I'm getting really worried as I called UCAS yesterday and they said that the deadline for Huddersfield to reply regarding offers/ rejections is today! And still they haven't got back! And if they don't reply to my application to them it will be declined😭 and can't not know if I got an offer or not😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeatherOfLead)
    Hey, I've firmed Keele! Super excited to get started this year.
    Same!! :-) Are you a home student? Have you visited the university?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how lenient the universities are if you don't achieve the grades they asked for? Super worried because I just finished my IB Biology exam this week and honestly don't think it went extremely well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma2898)
    Has anyone heard from Huddersfield yet? I'm getting really worried as I called UCAS yesterday and they said that the deadline for Huddersfield to reply regarding offers/ rejections is today! And still they haven't got back! And if they don't reply to my application to them it will be declined😭 and can't not know if I got an offer or not😩
    As far as I know that if they haven't replied by today it means the interview has been unsuccessful. Maybe ring Huddersfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msiapt)
    Yeah I've put Bradford even though they're asking for higher grades 😂😂 have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, have you? I'm not sure if I want to live on university campus or one of the self catered sites

ReputationRep:
    I decided to firm Cardiff in the end anyone else going to Cardiff - do you know if theres a Facebook group or anything? xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, there is Physio Group chat on Facebook which I can add you into if you like. What is your name please, then I can send you a friend request and add you into the group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali43)
    Hi, there is Physio Group chat on Facebook which I can add you into if you like. What is your name please, then I can send you a friend request and add you into the group
    Hey!! Ah exciting I'll private message you now x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_27)
    No, have you? I'm not sure if I want to live on university campus or one of the self catered sites
    Yes I have, I applied all en-suites that was available because first years are guaranteed a room. I'm just waiting for allocation atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Emma2898)
    Hi Emma,

You can call our Admissions team on the following number: 01484 473969
    The office is open from 8.30am-5pm today.

Best wishes and good luck!
    UoH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martslo)
    Does anyone know how lenient the universities are if you don't achieve the grades they asked for? Super worried because I just finished my IB Biology exam this week and honestly don't think it went extremely well
    Think it depends on the uni, they obviously want you there or they wouldnt offer you a place. But depends on how close you are to the grades they want. I know someone at Oxford Brookes who got ABB and theh wanted AAB but they accepted her anyway. Guess best thing is to ring them as soon as you get your grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodledoo9)
    Well done on that. I did hear back but unfortunately was unsuccessful. Applied for another uni through extra though. Best of luck
    I am sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best with the other uni you have applied for. I am sure something will work out for u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martslo)
    Same!! :-) Are you a home student? Have you visited the university?
    I'm based in Surrey, so I live 3 hours from the university. I've visited it multiple times, for open days as well as to visit a family friend that attends the university. I really love the campus, and the facilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bryonyrichards)
    Aw nice, have you done your accommodation yet??
    Yeah I applied about a month ago I think! Can't really remember which ones I chose though! Have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexio97)
    Has anyone firmed Southampton or Plymouth?
    Ive firmed Southampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_1_2)
    Yeah I applied about a month ago I think! Can't really remember which ones I chose though! Have you applied?
    Yeh I have, and I put dehavillin first, then Telford court. Do you know how long the course is (weeks) want to make sure I've got enough time in the accommodation!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.