Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by LDS16)
    woooah, that's 5 languages you got going on there
    I really like the concept of some of the Chinese words and symbols
    for example, "belonging to" (if i remember correctly) is made up of the character for "white" and the character for "spoon"- "white spoon" that belongs to me :rofl:
    It's pretty difficult, most of the words I've learnt I can recognise from pinyin, the Chinese phonetics, rather than the actual symbols themselves.
    If I had more time I think I'd like to learn another language properly. One of the medical schools I'm thinking of wants a foreign language at GCSE or equivalent (which I haven't got), so I'm thinking of doing french sometime, since I learnt a little a few years ago
    Spoiler:
    Show
    by learnt a little I mean I can count to 20, name some colours and animals, and say "bonjour, je m'appelle..." :toofunny:
    White spoon :toofunny: :toofunny: Chinese definitely looks awesome :mmm:

If you ever learn French don't hesitate if you need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    White spoon :toofunny: :toofunny: Chinese definitely looks awesome :mmm:

If you ever learn French don't hesitate if you need help
    It does
    btw, "vegetarian" is pronounced as chess zoo :lol:

Thank you! CheeseIsVeg said you could help
    I don't think I'll be learning it just yet, but if I do go to this uni (UCL) and they are insistent, then I'll pick French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    It does

I don't think I'll be learning it just yet, but if I do go to this uni (UCL) and they are insistent, then I'll pick French
    :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :hat2:
    I've tried everything
    I can't upload the photo, changed it to jpg still no luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I've tried everything
    I can't upload the photo, changed it to jpg still no luck
    .png?

(Original post by LDS16)
    It does

Chess zoo :O Chinese is awesome :awesome:

Best of luck with your applications :woo:

ReputationRep:
    .png?
    no such luck
    rip

ReputationRep:
    Chess zoo :O Chinese is awesome :awesome:

Best of luck with your applications :woo:
    haha, it is indeed!

thank you luckily I don't have to start applying until around this time next year
    what do you have in mind to do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    no such luck
    rip
    :bawling:

(Original post by LDS16)
    haha, it is indeed!

thank you luckily I don't have to start applying until around this time next year
    what do you have in mind to do??
    Believe it or not lol I hate that question because it's a very long story :lol: :lol:
    Here we go :P : I had my baccalaureate in 2014, got into the best med school of the country, did one year, but in France you have to make it top 300 over +2500 students to go to year 2. I only made it top 500 ._.
    So took a gap year to apply abroad, and now I'm at the end of the gap year, I'm preparing for IMAT (it's pretty much like UKCAT but for Italy)
    Phew ! :P

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not lol I hate that question because it's a very long story :lol: :lol:
    Here we go :P : I had my baccalaureate in 2014, got into the best med school of the country, did one year, but in France you have to make it top 300 over +2500 students to go to year 2. I only made it top 500 ._.
    So took a gap year to apply abroad, and now I'm at the end of the gap year, I'm preparing for IMAT (it's pretty much like UKCAT but for Italy)
    Phew ! :P
    awh sorry, I know how you feel, I'm the same with "what are you studying for a levels?"
    that sounds very harsh, but I guess it's their equivalent of having to pass finals at uni here in the uk??
    500 is still amazing though, top 20%
    sounds like you have a solid plan, I wish you the best of luck!
    Hopefully we will both get where we want to be, it's a long road but worth it

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:
    one day cheese
    can't play pinta i don't think today, I'm off to watch lil Britain on Netflix :rofl: :rofl3:

(Original post by LDS16)
    awh sorry, I know how you feel, I'm the same with "what are you studying for a levels?"
    that sounds very harsh, but I guess it's their equivalent of having to pass finals at uni here in the uk??
    500 is still amazing though, top 20%
    sounds like you have a solid plan, I wish you the best of luck!
    Hopefully we will both get where we want to be, it's a long road but worth it
    Haha dw :3

Not really, in here to be admitted at medical school it's not as hard as in UK (except for the very best ones like the one I used to go to, but even them are more simple to get into than in UK) so we end up with loaaaads of students in first year (a waaaay too many). So they created a selection at year one, because once you passed year one your place at medical school is secured forever.

Ty I was very sad at 1st but oh well I did a good job and that's life, gotta carry on :P

Yaaaaass :woo: :five: :five:

ReputationRep:
    Haha dw :3

Not really, in here to be admitted at medical school it's not as hard as in UK (except for the very best ones like the one I used to go to, but even them are more simple to get into than in UK) so we end up with loaaaads of students in first year (a waaaay too many). So they created a selection at year one, because once you passed year one your place at medical school is secured forever.

Ty I was very sad at 1st but oh well I did a good job and that's life, gotta carry on :P

Yaaaaass :woo: :five: :five:
    oh okay, I understand now that sounds pretty tough, knowing that your place wasn't actually secured until you got through the first year :s
    It's good you managed to get into the school in the first place, plus you're finding an alternative route now!
    I can't wait until the days of medical school and learning medicine though, I'm already trying to teach myself anatomy and other random things

(Original post by LDS16)
    oh okay, I understand now that sounds pretty tough, knowing that your place wasn't actually secured until you got through the first year :s
    It's good you managed to get into the school in the first place, plus you're finding an alternative route now!
    I can't wait until the days of medical school and learning medicine though, I'm already trying to teach myself anatomy and other random things
    Medicine is awesome you'll like it so much ! My favourite subjects of the cursus definitely are anatomy and psychology :love:

Self teaching is an amazing idea :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Dw :P nope I'm in a gap year, currently at the end of it, preparing for IMAT (entrance exam for an Italian medical school ) and hopefully I'll start in less than 2 months xD if not, I shall take another gap year and enjoy my life travelling to forget about my misery :moon:
    You :3 ?

Sorry for the late reply, I had to go and do my job tormenting people in their nightmares

Oh wow :awesome: You must be pretty damn smart then :smartass: I know some med school abroad have high standards compared with the UK. Hope you pass the IMAT and get into Italian med school what type of doctor would like to be?

Where have you traveled to you?

I'm in my 2nd year in uni studying Economics

(Original post by Grimm Reaper)
    Sorry for the late reply, I had to go and do my job tormenting people in their nightmares

Oh wow :awesome: You must be pretty damn smart then :smartass: I know some med school abroad have high standards compared with the UK. Hope you pass the IMAT and get into Italian med school what type of doctor would like to be?

Where have you traveled to you?

I'm in my 2nd year in uni studying Economics
    Well.. I already did one year of med in Paris xD that's such a long story :sad: maybe if you're bored you can read that : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3943045 then you'll probably understand my situation :P

Dw for late reply haha

You're at uni nice :woo: my brother studies econ too :3 but he's still at college for now haha

I'm sorry I didn't understand the question \: Do you mean where I already travelled, or where I plan to go ? :3

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is awesome you'll like it so much ! My favourite subjects of the cursus definitely are anatomy and psychology :love:

Self teaching is an amazing idea :jive:
    I love the medicine related topics in science at school haha, that's the closest I've been.
    They look really interesting!
    Thank you I mostly watch dissections on youtube, but sometimes I sketch muscle groups and do some research still up :rofl:

(Original post by LDS16)
    I love the medicine related topics in science at school haha, that's the closest I've been.
    They look really interesting!
    Thank you I mostly watch dissections on youtube, but sometimes I sketch muscle groups and do some research still up :rofl:
    That's so cool ! I'm sure you're gonna be such a good student there :awesome:

Yes still awake :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I am so wide awake. All I can think about is how screwed I'll be if I can't start waking up at 7am every morning for college lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.