Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else awaiting AQA chemistry, AQA physics, MEI maths or MEI further maths??

That CHEM4 will have the most beautiful grade boundaries with any luck...

ReputationRep:
    The closer to results day we get, the more stressed I become. I feel like no set of results wouldn't be surprising as I have no idea what I've got, which is terrifying as I really prefer my firm to my insurance. I'm so excited for this all to be over as it's dominating the summer holiday!

ReputationRep:
    My family keep mentioning me going to uni to everyone they speak to and I'm just like "I don't know if I got in yet" :cry2::cry::eek3:

ReputationRep:
    What are everyone's plans if you miss your offers? Resits? Gap year? Clearing? Closing your eyes and hoping all your problems will disappear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    All your choices get your results.

Some universities will sort through firm and insurance applicants and send decisions for them all to UCAS.

Other universities will only sort through their firm applicants and any insurance applicants that have been rejected by their firms.

Different universities work at different speeds - so it is possible to have your choices show any combination:

CF , CI (neither have sent a decision to UCAS)

UF, UI (both have confirmed your place - even though your insurance is confirmed that offer is not valid once your firm goes UF)

UF, CI (your firm confirmed your place, your insurance either didn't decide or didn't bother)

CF, UI (your insurance have confirmed your place but your firm hasn't sent a decision yet)

UF, R (your firm has confirmed your place and your insurance has rejected you for not meeting their conditions)

R, UF (your firm has rejected you and your insurance has confirmed your place and is now your firm)

R, CF (your firm has rejected you and your insurance is now your firm but has not sent a decision to UCAS yet)

R, R (both firm and insurance have rejected you and you're in clearing)

There's also the chance that one or both of your firm and insurance could make a UCC - unconditional changed course offer. For a different course, a foundation year, year 1 entry instead of year 2 for Scottish universities. You get 5 days to either accept or decline the UCC. If you decline a UCC from your firm then your insurance becomes your new firm.

IIRR Track calls a rejection "unsuccessful " (which is not great - because it's not a vastly different word at first glance to "unconditional " )

Didn't see

Don't want to see.

I saw the words: horrible, grotesque and horrific. My brain can do without pictures of something like that.
    All choises? So even those you rejected???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    What are everyone's plans if you miss your offers? Resits? Gap year? Clearing? Closing your eyes and hoping all your problems will disappear?
    Clearing and if that fails it depemds on which subject stopped me. If maths or F.maths I'll resit. If physics o don't think I could self teach so gap year and then reapply next cycle if it's possible to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Anyone else awaiting AQA chemistry, AQA physics, MEI maths or MEI further maths??

All of those!

Expecting CHEM4 low (unless they're really messing with us), CHEM5 normal-high.

PHYA4 normal, maybe a little lower. PHYA5 (did medical) as normal.

MEI FP1 low, FP2 slightly lower than usual, M1 slightly lower, M2 normal, D2 normal, S2 really high (it was basically the same paper as 2015 with different numbers!).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    All choises? So even those you rejected???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    I already retook some of my A2s and I really don't know if I improved!! The wait the second time round is much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otherdan)
    All of those!

MEI FP1 low, FP2 slightly lower than usual, M1 slightly lower, M2 normal, D2 normal, S2 really high (it was basically the same paper as 2015 with different numbers!).
    Posted from TSR Mobile

fp1 low? really? I found it quite easy tbh vompared to the other papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

me, except the physics, chem4 was disgusting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otherdan)
    All of those!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    S2 i think will have the same grade boundaries as last year, and how much for an A do you reckon FP1 and FP2 will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Ahahahahaha rather that then on the actual road! I hope so too, but I highly doubt it :rofl: I just want results day to be over and done with English is probably one of the most unpredictable, for you have to remember EVERYTHING about the text/s that you study :/ I was the same really, but I just wanted results day to come quickly
    Yeah I was convinced it was the subject I was gonna drop last year because I'd done so badly, and when I found out this exam was closed book.. :bricks: 11 days is nothing compared to the 2 years we've all stuggled with A-Levels so hopefully the time will fly.

ReputationRep:
    Always look on the bright side of life...

ReputationRep:

chem 4 was tragic, hope gbs are low af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    *whistles*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    Using my synthesis knowledge from Unit 5 Chemistry I will be selling...things...

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if i could sit OCR S3 and S4 next summer (I'll be at uni) even though they are bringing in the new A-levels now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncanjgraham)
    does anyone know if i could sit OCR S3 and S4 next summer (I'll be at uni) even though they are bringing in the new A-levels now?
    Yeah you can but why would you?
    Maths is the same spec next year anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah you can but why would you?
    Maths is the same spec next year anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is it ?!

Because the statistics in first year of civil eng I've already done as part of further maths, I'd stay a year ahead of the uni syllabus and I find it very interesting and relevant to what I want to do in the future.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.