Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
tribalium
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by makke)
This year five received their offer on the first offer day (speaking of course only of TSRians), which is exactly the same number as that of last year. I think this implies that the number of decisions are at least to some extent comparable. On the second offer day also five people received offers last year. Thus I share the doubts with amar09 that maybe we shouldn't expect very many offers before christmas for those early applicants without a gathered field e-mail.
yes we can't be THAT optimistic yet
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think a mixed rejection/offer week next week. Rejections on the Monday/Tuesday and offers on the Friday.
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by dramaminedreams)
I think a mixed rejection/offer week next week. Rejections on the Monday/Tuesday and offers on the Friday.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be rejections next week.
grademe
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be rejections next week.
why? it's possible
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by grademe)
why? it's possible
Doesn't follow the LSE pattern, which, bar the first couple of decisions of this year, LSE have followed for at least 5 years. Of course its possible, but its unlikely.
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Grr, I wish I'd managed to gotten my application off earlier than the 4/12 (my referee shares the blame for that one). Since I've applied so late theres pretty much no chance of me hearing back until some point in the new year (short of a quick and very painful rejection before they close for Christmas).

Do individual departments make offers/rejections at different times or do all wait and give decisions at the same time (collectively as a university)? For example Social Policy, Sociology and a the odd other department's applicants haven't heard anything yet, but that might be because they're so few on this thread.
grademe
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Doesn't follow the LSE pattern, which, bar the first couple of decisions of this year, LSE have followed for at least 5 years. Of course its possible, but its unlikely.
though you do point out that it has been different this year
Bear Without Honey
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ninety_nine)
(my referee shares the blame for that one)
Yeah, i was in a bit of a pissy with my head of sixth form for a while, and he got mine sent on the 20th November :/

At least most of you guys will have a definite answer fairly soon! I'm gonna be sat here for some time I feel...

*Waits*

*Goes to fetch sandwich...*
ninety_nine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear Without Honey)
Yeah, i was in a bit of a pissy with my head of sixth form for a while, and he got mine sent on the 20th November :/

At least most of you guys will have a definite answer fairly soon! I'm gonna be sat here for some time I feel...

*Waits*

*Goes to fetch sandwich...*
Ha, you think thats bad, I'm postponing my travel until I've heard back from everywhere (I'm a post A-level applicant).

I've only had access to track for 36 hours and I've been on over a dozen times. Ahhh! Good luck with IR though, not as many TSR applicants as I thought this year!
Bear Without Honey
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ninety_nine)
not as many TSR applicants as I thought this year!
Yeah, I was surprised by this too! Especially as one of the supposedly most oversubscribed courses, hence i'm not holding out too much hope (plus only 3 A*'s somehow :p: )

Fingers crossed though I guess, LSE do have a history of some fairly strange decisions - maybe still a possibility? :o:

Good luck to you also
ninety_nine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear Without Honey)
Yeah, I was surprised by this too! Especially as one of the supposedly most oversubscribed courses, hence i'm not holding out too much hope (plus only 3 A*'s somehow :p: )

Fingers crossed though I guess, LSE do have a history of some fairly strange decisions - maybe still a possibility? :o:

Good luck to you also
Yeah Int'l Relations is pretty hardcore! Thanks for the luck, only 2A* here :p: , admittedly for a far less competitive course (Social Policy with Government).
hideiris
Report 10 years ago
does anyone here know whether or not lse would take any students who gotta resit their examss? godd im nervous noww.just sent mine off on 2/12..hopefully i could hear something by christmas.
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hideiris)
does anyone here know whether or not lse would take any students who gotta resit their examss? godd im nervous noww.just sent mine off on 2/12..hopefully i could hear something by christmas.
that's quite impossible unless u want a very bad news because it takes few weeks to process your application and by that time it will be after mid Jan as the LSE office will close from mid DEC - mid JAN
dawgnut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It will take approximatly 3 months at average
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jinru)
It will take approximatly 3 months at average
On average it takes less than 3 months - it says on the LSE website that most candidates will receive decisions within 3 months of submitting their application. In my case, they took 7 weeks.

Although before getting their spirits up, people have to bear in mind that the admissions office is closed during the festive period.
hideiris
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tribalium)
that's quite impossible unless u want a very bad news because it takes few weeks to process your application and by that time it will be after mid Jan as the LSE office will close from mid DEC - mid JAN
o thanks! so i just gotta wait and have my finger crossed then!!! oh btw is it possible to get offer from ucl if im unable to attend any interview coz i dont stay in england noww..

btw are you from hong kong as well? are you doing IB or UKALE?
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
o thanks! so i just gotta wait and have my finger crossed then!!! oh btw is it possible to get offer from ucl if im unable to attend any interview coz i dont stay in england noww..

btw are you from hong kong as well? are you doing IB or UKALE?
that will be fine coz U have a concrete excuse for not coming for the interview. Yea I'm from HK as well doing UKALE in the UK
hungdlhp
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Napalm)
Man, this thread is amusing and depressing at the same time. I hope no one here has to wait till March to get a decision or this thread will be a thousand pages long :P (not to mention the fact that a wait that long is just cruel).

Fingers crossed for good news next week .
:ditto:
nikanika
Report 10 years ago
What does group pile mean?
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nikanika)
What does group pile mean?
You won't get a decision until after Jan 15th.

Amar, maybe you should do a bit of explaining of terminology and what's going on in your first post, might save all these questions?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads