The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Considering that Song has scored quite a few point-winning goals this season, in combination with his defensive contribution and how wussy the midfield play when he is not present, it is mad to slate the man. We all had a laugh at him going forward at the start but he's played excellently this season.

Original post by Dan1607
Did he get injured during the game? i wasn't watching, only had the updates through BBC.

He had to come off at half time.
Original post by Panthalic
How does that not annoy you?

I don't respect any gooner that isn't disgusted with it. It's happening far too often for it to be acceptable. If we bring it up when we don't win, we're called 'sore losers' and ignoring the team faults. If, as in games like today we bring it up, when we've undoubtedly played against 12 men and fought very well to win, it's supposed to be 'irrelevant'. **** off. The standard of refereeing has been nothing short of pathetic recently and we're getting bum-****ed every game because of it. As good as it felt to win today, it ruins all the fun. It's not even close to evening out this season.
Original post by milkytea
Considering that Song has scored quite a few point-winning goals this season, in combination with his defensive contribution and how wussy the midfield play when he is not present, it is mad to slate the man. We all had a laugh at him going forward at the start but he's played excellently this season.

:yep:
Reply 2603
Arshavin, unlike the majority, I knew you'd get your form back, RVP and Cesc played amazingly today, but I the real men of the match were our back four, absolutely outstanding, Szczesny seems to be able to control things pretty well.
Original post by Overmars
I don't respect any gooner that isn't disgusted with it. It's happening far too often for it to be acceptable. If we bring it up when we don't win, we're called 'sore losers' and ignoring the team faults. If, as in games like today we bring it up, when we've undoubtedly played against 12 men and fought very well to win, it's supposed to be 'irrelevant'. **** off. The standard of refereeing has been nothing short of pathetic recently and we're getting bum-****ed every game because of it. As good as it felt to win today, it ruins all the fun. It's not even close to evening out this season.

I actually have a lot of sympathy for officials and linesmen in particular. Calling offside isn't easy when there are so many players moving at speed and you have to make a split second call, so if fans/pundits need a slow motion replay and a freeze frame to spot a mistake then fine, that's perfectly understandable. But this was a completely different level, it was obviously offside with no movement at all, but the officials have just flat out got the rules wrong. That is criminal, and shouldn't be just glossed over.

I don't think we've had it so bad this season compared to the last few, but when the standard of refereeing is affecting the outcomes of games, it needs to be looked at. The continued insistence on not doing everything possible to assist the officials doing what is a high pressure and difficult job is baffling and is a blight upon top level football.
Reply 2605
JK.
OP
Utterly woeful officiating, tonight. Clueless.

That aside, a very important win for us. :yy:
Reply 2606
The comments which Cesc Fabregas made to the fourth official and referee at half time deserved a sending off. He's a big player for them. I think it changed the flow of the game. I'm not going to repeat what he said, I'll let them tell you what he said. Anyway, it's a results business we are in and we need to get some results... but I don't think anyone would go away from this game thinking Everton didn't deserve to get a result

Anyone know what Moyes is on about?
Moyes is covering for the embarassment after his 14 man team couldn't hold out against the 'soft-centre' of Arsenal.

That guy cannot referee or run the line in this league again this season. Utterly mindless.

We are being cheated, but we're still winning.
missed the game as i was viewing houses for next jahr..someone summarise for me
Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc
missed the game as i was viewing houses for next jahr..someone summarise for me

After Howard Webb and co got a 1-0 lead we were not getting into our rhythm and giving Everton too much time and space.

Same the start of the first half but Arshavin came on and grabbed a good goal then we woke up and they couldn't touch the ball.

Got the second from a good corner (where our best chances came from).

Shut out the game.

Was anyone at the game? They had to cut out the pass to Saha in the half time highlights as it was such a **** decision! Haha
Original post by Abiraleft
:toofunny:

You scared me for a moment though. :nothing:

Just thought i'd tease you Arsenal fans on that one about Wilshire :biggrin:
Reply 2611

Gunnersaurus looks worried after Everton score (replay shown on screens at the top right). Actually I was surprised the replay was shown as quick as it was, almost incited a riot down my block. Atmosphere was amazing tonight. We did not play well at all, but coupled with the frustration of our performance with the referee - the celebration at the end wasn't out of relief but sheer joy. The crowd were kept notified of the score at OT and the winner felt like winning the title!

But back to Gunnersaurus - what a dirty old dino he is! Hugging all the pretty girls in the crowd and "kissing" their hands. At half time we see with his hand over another fit girl that was selling hot dogs.

And LOL at this.

For some reason I couldn't take pics a lot of the time without them becoming blurry. The zoom feature, as you see in that video, is pretty crap when it comes to focusing on the image. I took other pics but they aren't as good for one reason or other. I did not take any of the actual match however. I was celebrating when we scored the goals and completely forgot.

I like this picture a lot - the steam/smoke on the roof is pretty common yet rarely noticed. If it's by design then I approve, makes it homely.

Here is the station. Holloway Road station is closed on match days to avoid transport chaos. This aspect was actually the reason why the Emirates was capped to 60,000. The club wanted it bigger but the council said no, and restricted the height of the stadium (also impeding size) because the locals weren't happy about the noise. Tons of people here, the queue to get in when leaving was massive, which is why you see empty seats on the 85minute a lot of the times.

A set piece that went close

Theatre of Broken Dreams® 15 minutes before kick off. It really looks x100 better in person at night. A voice belonging to a small kid started chanting 'Red army!' and then we'd all respond back "Red army! The contrast between the deep voices and his was cute, haha

And something you may like just a bit, a few seconds after you enter the ground, seeing the stadia itself.

Mason and his official are utter ****ing dickheads, another despicable turn of event thanks to these incompetent ****ers referring in the EPL. I could tell he was offside from the clock end (and not one of those times you claim offside in hope), does the prick think he's somehow not interfering or is he just blind? That type of horrific decision should never ever happen in top flight football

Poor performance but a great battling win, I was buzzing
Original post by TommyWannabe
Not sure why people bring up the referee time and time again.

Man U have just as many bad decisions go against them. Hell, I think Arsenal have had 50% more penalties than Utd this season.

Just gives Wenger an excuse why the team lost to Everton (if they were to lose/disappointing result).

After all, if you want to win games you still have to score don't you?

Bet you're gutted the team battled it out?

And lol at the retarded argument that because we've had more penalties means we've been lucky with decisions.
Alex is injured, Wenger said. He cannot walk. He was kicked. I think it is by Koscielny. He knocks everybody out in our team.

:nothing:
(edited 13 years ago)
Wow. The injury crisis begins.
Song will be fine. He played on for 5 mins after that and thigh injuries are never serious. Wenger wouldn't have joked around by saying 'Koscienly injures everyone' if he thought the injury was serious. It was just an impact knock that he should shake off by 5 days time, ready for Newcastle.

I'm a Liverpool supporter but I bloody hope you win the league.
Reply 2618
Original post by drpetergriffin
I'm a Liverpool supporter but I bloody hope you win the league.

Thank you - I hope you batter Chelsea on Sunday and help us by beating United too. I'd like it if Gerrard scores on Sunday and kisses the badge in front of Torres, that would be lol.
Reply 2619
I didn't watch the game live, I overslept my alarm for 3:30 lol. Just watched the replay on ATV, what a great match.

Best performers: Koscielny, Sagna, Arshavin, Wilshere, and Fabregas.

Koscielny was Man of the Match imo, amazing defensive display finally, topped by a winning goal.

Also is it just my TV or is RvP greying already?

Latest