Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)

I wonder if 'I'm a nurse' is a throwaway line as he has said it at least 3 times in this series now in the 4 episodes? :holmes:
Sawwah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
trust me, i'm a doctor.

trust ME i'm a nurse
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sawwah)
trust me, i'm a the doctor.

trust ME i'm a nurse
Fixed.
hayheyley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was just watching The Doctor's Wife again and I realised something- when Amy is 'entertaining' House in the TARDIS, there seemed to be links with previous episodes. She finds that Rory has waited 2000 years for her (links to series 5 finale), she cannot see and has to stumble along (the weeping angels from series 5), she finds scary writing on the wall (reminded me of ep2 in the orphanage). Actually it seems a rather tenuous link now I think about it

Anyway, thoughts anyone?
ChrisJ!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hayheyley)
I was just watching The Doctor's Wife again and I realised something- when Amy is 'entertaining' House in the TARDIS, there seemed to be links with previous episodes. She finds that Rory has waited 2000 years for her (links to series 5 finale), she cannot see and has to stumble along (the weeping angels from series 5), she finds scary writing on the wall (reminded me of ep2 in the orphanage). Actually it seems a rather tenuous link now I think about it

Anyway, thoughts anyone?
They do seem keen to keep Rory waiting fresh in our minds by mentioning it every now and then, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about the others- it'll be interesting to see how it all ties together! (if it does!)
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I wonder if 'I'm a nurse' is a throwaway line as he has said it at least 3 times in this series now in the 4 episodes? :holmes:
Could be! :grin: I wonder how it would tie in though? questions questions....

Maybe he helps with the birth of schrodinger baby?
Maaayybeee.... nah i'm already out of theories. That was quick.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe he IS Madame Kovarian

:ahee:
Insanespana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yay my series 5 soundtrack has arrived! It's brilliant! I love Murry Gold... Now back to my revision...
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)

seconded!
ChrisJ!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)

Yes!! Ooooorr a time lord in disguise, known to the rest of the universe (or the 'other' universe) as 'The Nurse'
Guitara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
Buut I was concentrating on the 'House likes you' bit - that bit was far too weird not to be noted.

It didn't really fit with any other storyline in this episode, and didn't really flow with the script, so surely it must be important? or am I over-analysing?
Is it possible that House takes companions to be future TARDIS vessels. I mean, the people on Bubble Universe were called Aunty, Uncle, Nephew and Idris? Why was Idris the only one with a "name"? So maybe he was considering Amy to be Idris' replacement before he found out that it was the last TARDIS and Time Lord?
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
I don't think it would not if its just a timelord law. hes not exactly the model time lord hes stole a tardis, and hes been exiled.
And...Ahem....wiped out the timelords. Twice.
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imperial maniac)
And...Ahem....wiped out the timelords. Twice.
exactly.
imperial maniac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
exactly.
There is definitely a way to transfer regenerations, maybe his daughter/that weird girl at the end of the silence episodes sacrifices her regenerations for him so he can save everyone.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is definitely a way to transfer regenerations, maybe his daughter/that weird girl at the end of the silence episodes sacrifices her regenerations for him so he can save everyone.
Nice idea, but wouldn't that be a bit dark for a family show? Not that I'm against it, that would be a brilliant storyline.
imperial maniac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Nice idea, but wouldn't that be a bit dark for a family show? Not that I'm against it, that would be a brilliant storyline.
Moffat's episodes have always been pretty dark, I mean look at the empty child, it's essentially zombies, scary kids, and teenage pregnancy all wrapped into one, and there is a scary hospital. Lots of scary writing in his latest episodes. I don't see why they wouldn't do it companions often sacrifice themselves for the doctor.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Moffat's episodes have always been pretty dark, I mean look at the empty child, it's essentially zombies, scary kids, and teenage pregnancy all wrapped into one, and there is a scary hospital. Lots of scary writing in his latest episodes. I don't see why they wouldn't do it companions often sacrifice themselves for the doctor.
Good point. I'm adding your theory to my big theory (which I can't post because it contains a big rumoured spoiler :eek:)
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Guitara)
Is it possible that House takes companions to be future TARDIS vessels. I mean, the people on Bubble Universe were called Aunty, Uncle, Nephew and Idris? Why was Idris the only one with a "name"? So maybe he was considering Amy to be Idris' replacement before he found out that it was the last TARDIS and Time Lord?
That could be true, I didnt really think about Idris being the only one with a name!

Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of how 'house likes you' may link with Amy 'bringing the silence' like the silence said. After all, House was trying to kill the doctor [ok i cannot help but think of the irony in that sentnce; I watch House M.D. ] and i'm pretty sure the silence are doing something to remove the doctor [right? amiright? I havent seen the episodes in a while, are they just trying to take over the world, or kill the doctor, or try to take over the world but need to remove the doctor to make it easier?]. :/ yeah i've confused myself.
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
No darker than what we've had from RTD let alone Moffat.

The Masters Wife sacrificed herself and most of the building to try and stop the master returning.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's almost what happened at the end of Torchwood where Jack had to kill his niece (?) or grand-daughter to save the world.

There's a definite scare factor in his episodes. He's written all the scary ones: gas mask child, clock work robots, silence, angels & vashta nerada
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads