Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    You were very average today, luckily you played against an awful team.

Wenger has done a fantastic job with that squad, such an average Arsenal team, no world class players apart from perhaps Cazorla.

Well done on 4th.
    Largely agree.

Koscielny arguably the best CB in the EPL imo though and Wilshere isnt fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Well that was mainly because of defensive resolve (Koscielny :drool:) if we're honest and we've struggled going forward. We have a terrible record vs the other top clubs this season and that's down to the lack of top-quality we have.

Wenger's never been the type to overhaul the squad but I think we need to do what CFC did last summer and inject 2 30m players into a squad with good foundations. A new winger and a new striker is where I see the main issues atm although a DM wouldnt go amiss either.If we can sell some of the deadwood like Bendtner/Djourou and use Arshavin/Squillaci's wages then we could use 2/3 squad players as well.
    Yep, we need a new top class striker no doubt. One that's a guaranteed 20+ goals. And a central midfielder to replace Arteta. I think we're okay on the wing front- Santi has to be a winger from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was mainly because of defensive resolve (Koscielny :drool:) if we're honest and we've struggled going forward. We have a terrible record vs the other top clubs this season and that's down to the lack of top-quality we have.

Wenger's never been the type to overhaul the squad but I think we need to do what CFC did last summer and inject 2 30m players into a squad with good foundations. A new winger and a new striker is where I see the main issues atm although a DM wouldnt go amiss either.If we can sell some of the deadwood like Bendtner/Djourou and use Arshavin/Squillaci's wages then we could use 2/3 squad players as well.
    Gonalons and jovetic would at least bring us a domestic cup imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yep, we need a new top class striker no doubt. One that's a guaranteed 20+ goals. And a central midfielder to replace Arteta. I think we're okay on the wing front- Santi has to be a winger from now on.
    Santi as a winger definitely helps our team with the balance but we need wilshere to become great at that cam role

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Gonalons and jovetic would at least bring us a domestic cup imo
    Like the look of Gonalons but Jovetic for me might struggle to get the 20+ goals that we need tp be genuinely competitive.

ReputationRep:
    Like the look of Gonalons but Jovetic for me might struggle to get the 20+ goals that we need tp be genuinely competitive.
    I dont know which striker would which we can get :dontknow:

I think jovetic would suit our style of play though

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 19.16.39.png
Views: 130
Size:  65.4 KB

ReputationRep:

.....He doesn't get 20 goals a season anyway, if he came to arsenal he would play a Bergkamp role. 15 goals a season and lots of assists

ReputationRep:
    Name:  166037_424751387623331_2011763419_n.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  82.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Arshavins tweets a few minutes ago have basically confirmed he's left the club now. I know he was deadwood but I still feel kinda sad

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny arguably the best CB in the EPL imo
    N'awww. Can't say I agree on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    N'awww.

I bet he's feeling pretty stupid now for snubbing arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    We'll never know for sure, but to be honest, chances are he probably isn't.

ReputationRep:

He's probably the best defender in the Europa League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    He snubbed us because we were going to make him into a defensive mid

ReputationRep:

Koscielny all day!

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny all day!

Must say, that gif's class. Here's to our battles, looking forward to three months of normal blood pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Arshavins tweets a few minutes ago have basically confirmed he's left the club now. I know he was deadwood but I still feel kinda sad
    Good. I like Arshavin but he's just not suited to the PL. He's on huge wages and not playing so it's not worth keeping him.

I'll always remember him for that game against Liverpool. One of the most memorable individual performances ever and summed up Arshavin perfectly. He did **** all in that game apart from score 4 times.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny all day!

Probably funniet celebration ever. There must be a reason behind it.

Someone try and find out.

ReputationRep:
    Must say, that gif's class. Here's to our battles, looking forward to three months of normal blood pressure.
    3 months of normality

And then it all starts again!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.