Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Federer pulls out of the final.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/30074849

A fitting end to a crappy tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Really gutted that Federer pulled out of the final would've been a great way to end the season instead it ends on a bum note. I'll wish Switzerland well in the Davis Cup instead, hopefully Federer will be fit for that and Stan will have put the disappointment of yesterday behind him.

ReputationRep:
    Noooo how depressing. O think Murray is playing tonight vs djok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well Djok is champion then. Even before he takes to the court. I guess if Murray beats Djok (VERY unlikely) he'll become "Unofficial ATP World Tour champion"

ReputationRep:
    It's only an exho so Nole might let Murray win.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed that he felt he had to pull out, that's scheduling for ya I guess.

Taking the withdrawal as me being correct for every match this week, drinks on me!

ReputationRep:
    Why is Murray playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Why is Murray playing?
    It's only an exhibition.

ReputationRep:
    And I guess to go a small way to appease a probably pissed off crowd (home interest).

ReputationRep:
    That's bad news. Someone saw this coming apparently:

https://twitter.com/burtonad/status/533848089375698944

Really hope he'll be fit for Davis Cup.

Congrats to Djoko for another WTF title!

ReputationRep:

Look at his face. He looks to be in pain.

ReputationRep:
    Murray has apologised for pushing Federer too hard in their match on Thursday.

I'm starting to like this newer, more relaxed Murray since he won his GS titles.

ReputationRep:
    So disappointing it had to end that way. Phenomenal record Djokovic is building up at the WTF - looks like at this rate he'll surpass Federer's record.

I really hope Federer's back doesn't get any worse. It would be a massive shame if his competitiveness declines with injury rather than age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Murray has apologised for pushing Federer too hard in their match on Thursday.

I'm starting to like this newer, more relaxed Murray since he won his GS titles.
    That was a nice little improv from Murray. He's funnier than people give him credit for and he's actually pretty self-effacing.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is cool to take up such an offer, I don't understand why some people are still so butthurt over the referendum nonsense. Also people will be partially refunded for their tickets.

And here (below) we have a classic example of John McEnroe trying to stir an empty pot:

http://www.livetennis.com/category/l...20141116-0007/

ReputationRep:
    Federer shouldn't play that indian tennis thing. He shouldn't pick up a racket for at least a month after the Davis Cup final. We don't want another 2013.

ReputationRep:
    The match could have been moved to monday once Mr Federer told the atp executive he wasnt match fit as I previously stressed. Barclays is worth plenty so im sure extending the license and hiring fees for one extra day is pocket money for them.
    in my eyes there is no official champion, even if it was novak vs world no.150 both should be given the same opportunity to win.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed to not actually see a final, but I loved that doubles match.

ReputationRep:
    If he didn't have a DC final to look forward to next week, Federer probably would have played.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.