Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Somali Society Mk III Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    You dont have to watch vampire diaries to watch the originals. vampire diaries was good but now it just painfully drags on
    Koreans are just sooooo adorable. just watch one episode of playfull kiss and you will be hookedddddd!!
    Hmmmm I don't know what I should watch..my sister wants me to watch Pretty Little Liars
    Lmao Playful Kiss...these dramas have the funniest names :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Hmmmm I don't know what I should watch..my sister wants me to watch Pretty Little Liars
    Lmao Playful Kiss...these dramas have the funniest names :lol:
    Yeah pretty little liars is apparently good but theres too many episodes for me to start watching.
    LOL yeah nearly all Kdrama has strange names but seriously give it a try walahi too good

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty little liars is apparently good but theres too many episodes for me to start watching.
    LOL yeah nearly all Kdrama has strange names but seriously give it a try walahi too good

Omg you guys have to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBh-NXR_Gk

it's literally the most hilarious parody of somalis ive ever seen

the jacket part has me screaminggg that has happend to me so many times

ReputationRep:
    On youtube? How long is an episode? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    On youtube? How long is an episode? :rolleyes:
    about an hour long like most kdramas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyL-Rzj_mUA

enjoyyy you wont regret it

ReputationRep:
    Yo to all somalis! Naayaa and Waaryaa get off student room before I tell Hooyo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy)
    Yo to all somalis! Naayaa and Waaryaa get off student room before I tell Hooyo
    Do not make de dacaas you in the da face bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Do not make de dacaas you in the da face bro.
    Haha ^_^

ReputationRep:
    about an hour long like most kdramas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyL-Rzj_mUA

enjoyyy you wont regret it
    Ahah I just watched it...that poor girl aha he's such a cow to her. He's good looking though
    The second episode looks cute lol
    Oh man I don't want to be hooked on Korean dramas :lol:

ReputationRep:
    too many Asians on this soc :/ (no offence guys and girls )

maxaa lahaaya walaalayaal?

ReputationRep:
    To those who watch Korean dramas anyone watch Fated to love you? Pls say at least one person does.

And lol to those who like Boys over Flower. The Japanese version is 100 times better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    too many Asians on this soc :/ (no offence guys and girls )

maxaa lahaaya walaalayaal?
    Haha nothing much. Had a surprise party for my cousin and friend. More of a joint happy late bday ting. Got lots of Orea cake now I'm full.

Now have to sleep now cuz have a 12 hour shift starting at 6am ;( What about you bae?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of the reasons we do not see many somalis in top proffesions is because they do it elsewhere in another country.
    Ma cousin teaches english in the UAE and with his contract gets moneeeeyyyy...and a house....and a car.
    Also he doesn't have to pay for any road tax I believe.

Other somalis get their degrees and go to somalia or somaliland and they obviously gonna get a job because they did their degree here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    One of the reasons we do not see many somalis in top proffesions is because they do it elsewhere in another country.
    Ma cousin teaches english in the UAE and with his contract gets moneeeeyyyy...and a house....and a car.

Other somalis get their degrees and go to somalia or somaliland and they obviously gonna get a job because they did their degree here.
    That's very true and it's also down to the fact that a lot of this generation simply haven't finished their education, but in the next 5 to 10 years we will probably see a lot more Somalis in top professions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yassss!! This boo!! My cousins just got back from Dubai and told me about how people that didn't even go uni are stacking up that moneeeey & I felt like crying tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Haha nothing much. Had a surprise party for my cousin and friend. More of a joint happy late bday ting. Got lots of Orea cake now I'm full.

Now have to sleep now cuz have a 12 hour shift starting at 6am ;( What about you bae?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was my birthday todayyy too
    , I seriously put on at least 2kg. My hooyo said so and I felt like crying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    That's very true and it's also down to the fact that a lot of this generation simply haven't finished their education, but in the next 5 to 10 years we will probably see a lot more Somalis in top professions. Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I think ppl are just starting to come up through the ranks of their industry. I also think its because most somalis live in deprived areas and so a lotta ppl get distracted with violence and hashiish.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I think ppl are just starting to come up through the ranks of their industry. I also think its because most somalis live in deprived areas and so a lotta ppl get distracted with violence and hashiish.
    Yeah, it's so sad to see that some young people have just given up on studying and are throwing away their lives

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait aren't we the 1st generation Somalis in UK? Well my family is and there is no competition with most other ethnicities coz they have been here 4 ages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Yassss!! This boo!! My cousins just got back from Dubai and told me about how people that didn't even go uni are stacking up that moneeeey & I felt like crying tbh.
    How dyu think I feel? Ma cuz studied something got to do with the weather and got a few jobs and also did some teaching. Then just went and living the life just coz he knows english. Hey didnt even care much about his past jobs just offered him a job to teach english.Thats always a posibility for me if anything happens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.