Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where's the A&F department? *stamps foot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    someone answer this please!!!!!
    I got an email at 3, then a ucas notification at 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amw101)
    Thanks! No, i never got a 4 week email. I was at the end of my 6th week out of 8.
    Fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebehchapman)
    What's the latest time people normally get offers?! 8pmish?
    I doubt offers will ever come that late. It seems 3-4pm is when people get them.

ReputationRep:
    can you get offers on friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Lol, hopefully it'll be us next!
    It f*cking better be lol

ReputationRep:
    looks like its over for offers this week..been waiting aince early october...[]}}%^^*+ !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a BTEC student with an additional A Level. I only have two GCSEs, English Lang grade A* and Maths grade B. Predicted DDD* for BTEC Business & Finance and A for Sociology AS and A2 Levels.

Paired with my personal statement and 'mature student' status, I think it's a pretty credible application, however, a rejection is likely. I took a risk. Competing with A Level students with stellar GCSEs is definitely making it a lot more stressful. I sent additional information to LSE explaining my circumstances and emphasising my academic progression, and directly called them to ensure that it's considered as part of my application.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here got an offer on Friday? Or is it designated solely for soul crushing rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    Has anyone here got an offer on Friday? Or is it designated solely for soul crushing rejections?
    Someone answer!

ReputationRep:
    Friday is known for rejections, but offers do come out on Fridays. Read back the posts few pages back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamehaze)
    Friday is known for rejections, but offers do come out on Fridays. Read back the posts few pages back.
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    It was a cold Thursday evening walk to my gym... I was listening to the Hans Zimmer Interstellar soundtrack while the thought of an LSE offer was constantly on my mind as it was 5/6pm... Decided to check my email and I saw track had updated... My heart stopped, the masterpeice that is Hans Zimmers song had reached its climax... Asked myself could this be the moment I've been wishing for... Stopped, took a deep breathe and opened my track... Only to received an offer from Bristol aha. Come on LSE pleasee, we could have a beautiful thing! hoping it's an LSE offer I open another day.
    Get this man a drink! Fantastic post

ReputationRep:
    i know the feeling...bristol ia great though...they gave me an offer 2 weeks after i applied....lse is no 8+2+4 plus one week....will have tp wait for tom rejection or one extra week...i understood from them that the end of next week is the final decision for everone....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same situation. Am on 2+8+4 and one more week now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beardedlondoner)
    i know the feeling...bristol ia great though...they gave me an offer 2 weeks after i applied....lse is no 8+2+4 plus one week....will have tp wait for tom rejection or one extra week...i understood from them that the end of next week is the final decision for everone....

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by 'final decision for everyone'? You mean that they will def give out a response after 2+8+4+2???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drcharisma)
    I'm a Chinese-American applicant applying from an international school in China. I'm a predicted 45/45 (with HL's in English, History, and Economics) and I'm applying to International Relations and History.

I really hope I have a shot at LSE and am not discriminated because I'm Asian. I know this may be the case for my US colleges. Is LSE harsh strict towards international students?
    I am Asian and I got an offer for straight law last December!
    and LSE is renowned for its diversity and international fame, it certainly would not discriminate against Asian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave97)
    Anyone heard anything for Anthropology or Anthropology and Law?
    got an offer for law last December.
    6 weeks into my 8 weeks email
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A and F department... please give us some good news - the waiting is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm currently in AS, I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd be able to get into LSE with the following grades:
    At GCSE I didn't do very well and I got 2 As in Maths and Further Maths, 5 Bs and 6 Cs. I know that this is way below the average for LSE but I was hoping my AS predicted grades would make up for it. In AS I am predicted 4 As in the following subjects; Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computing. Next year I hope to get A*A*AA as I plan on keeping all 4 subjects. I was wondering that if I had an AMAZING personal statement is there any chance of me getting into LSE?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.