Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    Isnt anyone else shocked that Lampard asked not to play against Chelsea. LOL is he even allowed to do that. Nice that he wants to show respect but ffs, I dont think it should be allowed tbh
    You can see why he's done it but it's a bit disrespectful towards City. If you are contracted to do a job, you can't just turn to your employer and go ''yeah i'd rather not do this'' when it suits you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you are contracted to do a job, you can't just turn to your employer and go ''yeah i'd rather not do this'' when it suits you.
    Of course you can, within reason. In lampard's case it's two matches and potentially a cup fixture that he probably wouldn't have been selected for anyway. He isn't asking a lot of his employers there really.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Of course you can, within reason. In lampard's case it's two matches and potentially a cup fixture that he probably wouldn't have been selected for anyway. He isn't asking a lot of his employers there really.
    What if City have an injury crisis? What if someone is suspended, or gets injured during the game?

I think it's good of him to ask that, but at the end of the day he's a City player now. If he's selected he should put his feelings to one side and play, players return to their former clubs all the time. I don't see Rio Ferdinand telling QPR not to select him for games against Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What if City have an injury crisis? What if someone is suspended, or gets injured during the game?

I think it's good of him to ask that, but at the end of the day he's a City player now. If he's selected he should put his feelings to one side and play, players return to their former clubs all the time. I don't see Rio Ferdinand telling QPR not to select him for games against Manchester United.
    I agree.

In more normal terms, you wouldn't encounter it in the regular workplace. You wouldn't be able to move from one company (that you have a long history/close connection with) to a rival, and then say, for example, "I don't want to work on that bid because I like that company" when you're working in direct competition with that company. If anything you'd be expected to be an important part because you'd know that company on the inside, just as Lampard knows Chelsea.

We don't know the context though, do we? It might be in his contract, in which case Man City have signed him knowing that, which is fine, or he might have just had a quiet word with Pellegrini and asked to be omitted if possible, which is fine too. I can't imagine Lampard stamping his feet and having a tantrum about it.

ReputationRep:
    This is city. They have enough squad depth to cover for an injury crisis without Lampard

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say that some of Zurich's posts are absolutely ****ing hilarious :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    watch ol frankie come on in the 80th minute on sunday and score a banger of a winning goal, 28 yard screamer.

1-0 to citeh/chav.

ReputationRep:
    LOL some guy posted the following on SkySports for one if the articles about Sanchez settling in:

"I read a scouser post yesterday that I just have to share, it's still making me smile today - 'Looks like we dodged a bullet with Sanchez. Would rather have Lambert.' Gold standard delusion from them as ever."

LOL oh you scousers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    LOL some guy posted the following on SkySports for one if the articles about Sanchez settling in:

"I read a scouser post yesterday that I just have to share, it's still making me smile today - 'Looks like we dodged a bullet with Sanchez. Would rather have Lambert.' Gold standard delusion from them as ever."

LOL oh you scousers
    Saw that on RAWK Meltdown :lol: Another poster said that Joe Allen was better than Herrera.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Saw that on RAWK Meltdown :lol: Another poster said that Joe Allen was better than Herrera.
    Haha the stuff they come out with can be so horrendous at times. And then they wonder why they're so disliked.. My own friend said to me that Lallana is MUCH better than Ramsey, and the Henderson is the best CDM in the world LOL. In the WORLD! Haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Haha the stuff they come out with can be so horrendous at times. And then they wonder why they're so disliked.. My own friend said to me that Lallana is MUCH better than Ramsey, and the Henderson is the best CDM in the world LOL. In the WORLD! Haha
    This is the best one. Comparing Rafa to Abraham Lincoln :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lincoln saved the Union of the United States by standing up for what was right and expediting the civil war which was the only way that the disunity and evil inside America could be faced. But he did it. Just like Rafa faced down all adversaries inside us from before the Klinsman episode to Parry and his schemes and machinations and all schemers who schemed against us internally. From this epic struggle he now stands as commander in chief ready to take on all false pretenders to our crown, purged of all horrible conspirers against our union.

Abraham Lincoln was ruthless to do what was right in the long term even when he made mistakes during the civil war, and so was Rafa when he realised Keane wasn’t working for our battalions and rather than be routed by some confederate *******s, he sold him back to Spurs. Just like Lincoln he has distinguished facial hair, a regal bearing, is a great man, and is fearless and ruthless in doing what is right for the higher good of our nation.

It was in the darkest hour of America’s life that one man stood proud and tall and never wavered but still pointed the way with his tenacity, compassion and genius to keep that country together. Having survived and triumphed in our necessary civil war we are faced with a moment in which we observe the barbarian hordes of low birth grunting at the gates of our civilisation.

But we have in charge a man who is cut from the greatest cloth that God bestowed on our club by granting us the likes of Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish to be our leaders.

Do not be downhearted Reds, stand up, and have your heads held high with DIGNITY and DEFIANCE which are the two words beginning with ‘D’ that Shanks inculcated in our bloodstream, which is why we can never have a blood transfusion, because nobody else’s blood type donation has our components, and because the other word he inculcated into our blood stream was BELIEF, which makes us have DDB type blood, which does not exist in any other humans on planet earth. This blood type was only ever known to exist in the veins of the Greek Gods themselves, who were the most noblest to walk the Earth and Heavens before Shankly rescued us.

t this moment, just as Lincoln uttered the definition of the soul of his nation at the Gettysburg address, we must never forget any of this, we must stay together as family united by our noble birth and most excellent souls.

Always remember that we only have faith and belief in what we are.....Reds.... the sons and daughters of Bill Shankly, now in the custodianship of Don Rafael Benitez, who shall go down in history as Conqueror of the Barbarians, and slayer of the false aspirers to our throne.

I want to leave you with the words of Brian Reade, from his book “43 Years with the Same Bird: A Liverpudlian Love Affair”, and I want you all to read these words and imagine and believe this truth.

And some day soon, maybe next May, maybe the one after or the one after that, a middle aged man in a suit will wade through the sea of scarves in front of the Kop, pick one up and tie it around his neck like a docker, make a fist with his left hand and hold the Holy Grail in the other, and stare at us the way the Christ risen looked at his disciples, eyes blazing with an intensity that says:

"Tell me you never questioned me. Tell me you harboured no doubts. Tell me the pain and emptiness was worthwhile. Tell me I've just put flesh on your dearest dream."

Always believe......In Rafa and Liverpool FC.....YNWA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This is the best one. Comparing Rafa to Abraham Lincoln :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lincoln saved the Union of the United States by standing up for what was right and expediting the civil war which was the only way that the disunity and evil inside America could be faced. But he did it. Just like Rafa faced down all adversaries inside us from before the Klinsman episode to Parry and his schemes and machinations and all schemers who schemed against us internally. From this epic struggle he now stands as commander in chief ready to take on all false pretenders to our crown, purged of all horrible conspirers against our union.

Abraham Lincoln was ruthless to do what was right in the long term even when he made mistakes during the civil war, and so was Rafa when he realised Keane wasn’t working for our battalions and rather than be routed by some confederate *******s, he sold him back to Spurs. Just like Lincoln he has distinguished facial hair, a regal bearing, is a great man, and is fearless and ruthless in doing what is right for the higher good of our nation.

It was in the darkest hour of America’s life that one man stood proud and tall and never wavered but still pointed the way with his tenacity, compassion and genius to keep that country together. Having survived and triumphed in our necessary civil war we are faced with a moment in which we observe the barbarian hordes of low birth grunting at the gates of our civilisation.

But we have in charge a man who is cut from the greatest cloth that God bestowed on our club by granting us the likes of Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish to be our leaders.

Do not be downhearted Reds, stand up, and have your heads held high with DIGNITY and DEFIANCE which are the two words beginning with ‘D’ that Shanks inculcated in our bloodstream, which is why we can never have a blood transfusion, because nobody else’s blood type donation has our components, and because the other word he inculcated into our blood stream was BELIEF, which makes us have DDB type blood, which does not exist in any other humans on planet earth. This blood type was only ever known to exist in the veins of the Greek Gods themselves, who were the most noblest to walk the Earth and Heavens before Shankly rescued us.

t this moment, just as Lincoln uttered the definition of the soul of his nation at the Gettysburg address, we must never forget any of this, we must stay together as family united by our noble birth and most excellent souls.

Always remember that we only have faith and belief in what we are.....Reds.... the sons and daughters of Bill Shankly, now in the custodianship of Don Rafael Benitez, who shall go down in history as Conqueror of the Barbarians, and slayer of the false aspirers to our throne.

I want to leave you with the words of Brian Reade, from his book “43 Years with the Same Bird: A Liverpudlian Love Affair”, and I want you all to read these words and imagine and believe this truth.

And some day soon, maybe next May, maybe the one after or the one after that, a middle aged man in a suit will wade through the sea of scarves in front of the Kop, pick one up and tie it around his neck like a docker, make a fist with his left hand and hold the Holy Grail in the other, and stare at us the way the Christ risen looked at his disciples, eyes blazing with an intensity that says:

"Tell me you never questioned me. Tell me you harboured no doubts. Tell me the pain and emptiness was worthwhile. Tell me I've just put flesh on your dearest dream."

Always believe......In Rafa and Liverpool FC.....YNWA
    words cannot my describe my level of dead right now :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's 'Shed End forum' is arguably worse. Literally every poster, bar none, predicted them to win the PL on the thread I read on there last week. Also saw some posters taunting City over being plastic over the Lampard saga...

Generally just a bunch of ****-houses. Amazing how even post-2003 Chelsea fans have got with the programme in terms of being obnoxious, jingoistic etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Chelsea's 'Shed End forum' is arguably worse. Literally every poster, bar none, predicted them to win the PL on the thread I read on there last week. Also saw some posters taunting City over being plastic over the Lampard saga...

Generally just a bunch of ****-houses. Amazing how even post-2003 Chelsea fans have got with the programme in terms of being obnoxious, jingoistic etc.
    This tweet still makes me :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What's wrong with them predicted they'll win the league? They probably will

ReputationRep:

have you seen the **** on arsenal-mania?

that forums got a lot of bad posters but lol @ saying they're bad because they're predicting their own team to win the league :rofl2:

edit: also, bar none. I think you'll find one person said they won't btw. :-)

ReputationRep:
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/06/mesut-...823153/?ito=va

Mez killing it.

ReputationRep:
    What would we think about bringing Reus in?

Sanchez
    Reus Ozil Walcott
    Ramsey Carvalho

I was just reading rumours and saw a few suggesting a move for him is "back on" for £27m or so. Considering he's 25, that's not bad at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    What would we think about bringing Reus in?

Sanchez
    Reus Ozil Walcott
    Ramsey Carvalho

I was just reading rumours and saw a few suggesting a move for him is "back on" for £27m or so. Considering he's 25, that's not bad at all
    My resources in Germany tell me he is not coming to London this summer.

Plus reading an investment report on BVB, they are in a very healthy financial position and remain undervalued, has a great future, and great present cash flow. they dont need to sell at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    My resources in Germany tell me he is not coming to London this summer.
    I wouldn't have thought so either

He's always been a fan of arsenal and would be the perfect Roscisky long term replacement

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.