Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Jedinak in for Ramsey. Means I can make a last minute decision on Welbeck to Aguero.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really want to get an Everton player in after this week, they have an amazing run of games until 2015. There's a couple of hard away games but the others are perfectly winnable even with the distraction of the Europa League.

Moreno > Jagielka looks tempting. I can't afford Baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Really want to get an Everton player in after this week, they have an amazing run of games until 2015. There's a couple of hard away games but the others are perfectly winnable even with the distraction of the Europa League.

Moreno > Jagielka looks tempting. I can't afford Baines.
    Arsenal too. Chambers is an excellent price for the fixtures Arsenal have coming after Chelsea.

I notice that our teams almost mirror. Remember you saying about going for Bertrand over Alderweireld. I did the other way around, lost me 15 points or so short term!

I'm also keeping Moreno a bit longer. He does look like he will get assists and goals tbh. I mean, he provided a great cross for Balotelli, when he hit the bar. So he could almost have theoretically ended up with 12 or so points after the Everton game if Liverpool also ended up getting a CS. Ifs and buts though :rolleyes:. I'll give him around 3 more GWs i think.

Filipe Luis is going to be a bargain when he gets regular starts as well. 5.5 last i checked.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Arsenal too. Chambers is an excellent price for the fixtures Arsenal have coming after Chelsea.

I notice that our teams almost mirror. Remember you saying about going for Bertrand over Alderweireld. I did the other way around, lost me 15 points or so short term!

I'm also keeping Moreno a bit longer. He does look like he will get assists and goals tbh. I mean, he provided a great cross for Balotelli, when he hit the bar. So he could almost have theoretically ended up with 12 or so points after the Everton game if Liverpool also ended up getting a CS. Ifs and buts though :rolleyes:. I'll give him around 3 more GWs i think.

Filipe Luis is going to be a bargain when he gets regular starts as well. 5.5 last i checked.
    Brought Chambers in as soon as Debuchy's injury was confirmed. They should rack up some clean sheets in the next few weeks, after Chelsea of course. Arsenal don't **** around when it comes to playing some of the lower teams at home. 2-0 wins left, right and centre is my guess.

Think my front 7 is pretty template tbh. Aguero & Welbeck are quite low ownership but that won't last. Di Maria was a good differential for the first week or two but now everyone has him. None of my GKs/defenders have more than 10% ownership so I think that's been the difference so far. One is downgrading Forster to a 4.5 keeper and then upgrading Taylor (who I don't play). Moore, Bertrand, Moreno, Jagielka, Chambers is a really solid back 5, albeit an expensive one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Brought Chambers in as soon as Debuchy's injury was confirmed. They should rack up some clean sheets in the next few weeks, after Chelsea of course. Arsenal don't **** around when it comes to playing some of the lower teams at home. 2-0 wins left, right and centre is my guess.

Think my front 7 is pretty template tbh. Aguero & Welbeck are quite low ownership but that won't last. Di Maria was a good differential for the first week or two but now everyone has him. None of my GKs/defenders have more than 10% ownership so I think that's been the difference so far. One is downgrading Forster to a 4.5 keeper and then upgrading Taylor (who I don't play). Moore, Bertrand, Moreno, Jagielka, Chambers is a really solid back 5, albeit an expensive one.
    Aguero is a nice differential at this point, and i hope he just gradually keeps getting consistent points in rather than big hauls, so that he'd stay low ownership.

Don't you mean not an expensive back 5? Everyone's under 5.5.

Benteke back soon, will be interesting to see how he does.

Hazard will surely go get some big points at some point. Think he'll be better than Fabregas in the second half of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero is a nice differential at this point, and i hope he just gradually keeps getting consistent points in rather than big hauls, so that he'd stay low ownership.

Benteke back soon, will be interesting to see how he does.

Hazard will surely go get some big points at some point. Think he'll be better than Fabregas in the second half of the season.
    Hazard historically is a slow starter. I'm going to jump ship from Fabregas at some point.

Not convinced by Jagielka as a pick. Lukaku, Mirallas or Baines for me. Baines is only 1.4m more and he'll easily out score Jagielka.

My current front 7 is Fabregas, Tadic, Sterling, Sigurdsson, Lukaku, Costa and Aguero. Think it's different enough for now. Have enough in the bank to upgrade either my 5th mid to another rotation option or Tadic to a big hitter if the time comes as well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narcissist)
    Hazard historically is a slow starter. I'm going to jump ship from Fabregas at some point.

Not convinced by Jagielka as a pick. Lukaku, Mirallas or Baines for me. Baines is only 1.4m more and he'll easily out score Jagielka.

My current front 7 is Fabregas, Tadic, Sterling, Sigurdsson, Lukaku, Costa and Aguero. Think it's different enough for now. Have enough in the bank to upgrade either my 5th mid to another rotation option or Tadic to a big hitter if the time comes as well.
    Not disputing that at all, but it would take far too much effort to free up funds to bring him in.

It's still a lot of cash invested in the defence, makes it hard to redistribute funds before the Jan WC. If Sigurdsson gets injured for example, there's nobody who i'd want at his price so it's a lot of ****ing around to get someone like Tadic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Not disputing that at all, but it would take far too much effort to free up funds to bring him in.

It's still a lot of cash invested in the defence, makes it hard to redistribute funds before the Jan WC. If Sigurdsson gets injured for example, there's nobody who i'd want at his price so it's a lot of ****ing around to get someone like Tadic.
    You could just downgrade Siggy for a guarenteed starter and bench them. Improve elsewhere. It's what I'll be doing if it happens. Or perhaps not actually after doing Ramsey>Jedinak to free funds for Aguero.

ReputationRep:
    What's happening with Siggy seems to have taken his foot off the gas recently. Hard to drop though since he's good value.

Lampard at 5.4 anyone? Worth a punt as a 5th mid possibly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    What's happening with Siggy seems to have taken his foot off the gas recently. Hard to drop though since he's good value.

Lampard at 5.4 anyone? Worth a punt as a 5th mid possibly.
    looking more and more like its worth taking him out - it has not been a disaster to own him, given his high ownership.. but now a different player could be a great differencial..

Chadli for me will come in, and sig will stay on my bench for now, until I sub him for someone new..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    looking more and more like its worth taking him out - it has not been a disaster to own him, given his high ownership.. but now a different player could be a great differencial..

Chadli for me will come in, and sig will stay on my bench for now, until I sub him for someone new..
    Sig has Newcastle at home next. Surely he will do something vs them. If you look at the games he blanked then it ain't too bad. Chelsea away was always going to be tough for him, then against Southampton he could have easily had a few assists if not for his team mates finishing, then once Bony got sent off, Swansea were always going to have little of the ball. Didn't see the 0-0 they had with Sunderland so can't comment on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Sig has Newcastle at home next. Surely he will do something vs them. If you look at the games he blanked then it ain't too bad. Chelsea away was always going to be tough for him, then against Southampton he could have easily had a few assists if not for his team mates finishing, then once Bony got sent off, Swansea were always going to have little of the ball. Didn't see the 0-0 they had with Sunderland so can't comment on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmm, tempted to keep him in, and bench sanchez, who may not even start against chelsea..

But that depends if I transfer sanchez out for fabregas, which depends on how arsenal do tonight..so.. will wait to make any decisions until this evening I think
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    You could just downgrade Siggy for a guarenteed starter and bench them. Improve elsewhere. It's what I'll be doing if it happens. Or perhaps not actually after doing Ramsey>Jedinak to free funds for Aguero.
    Already have a cheap bench fodder midfielder, i'd rather not have two unless someone must have emerges (e.g Barkley/Januzaj last season or Sterling before that). Doubt i'll do anything this week, i'm currently deciding who to play out of Naylor and Moore. Both have home games against sides who can't score.

Am I mad for thinking of dropping Welbeck and going 4-4-2? Can't see Arsenal doing anything against Chelsea, Wenger has a very poor record against Mourinho. In 3 games against Chelsea last season they didn't even score a goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Already have a cheap bench fodder midfielder, i'd rather not have two unless someone must have emerges (e.g Barkley/Januzaj last season or Sterling before that). Doubt i'll do anything this week, i'm currently deciding who to play out of Naylor and Moore. Both have home games against sides who can't score.

Am I mad for thinking of dropping Welbeck and going 4-4-2? Can't see Arsenal doing anything against Chelsea, Wenger has a very poor record against Mourinho. In 3 games against Chelsea last season they didn't even score a goal.
    I would drop welbeck in a heart beat if i was not an arsenal fan, and did not want to bet against my own team..

(though in reality, you will probably get a fair answer about whether to drop him, by arsenasl performance tonight.. if they struggle, then ditch quicker then anything)

ReputationRep:
    My team is finally taking shape, rolling over the FT this week to enable a front 3 of Costa, Aguero and Pelle.

ReputationRep:
    well.. I said I would base my decision on whether to take out arsenal playesr based on their perofrmance mid week..

4-0 up with a welbeck hatrick and a sanchez goal + assist..

jeeze if this was a league game, I would be killing it.

Think I will keep these, and blindly hope that this confidence brings some result against chelsea..

For my transfer, will instead just invest my spare money into my defense..

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Aguero will have to wait for another week. Happy for a 4 point hit but I would now need an 8 point hit with downgrading Ivanovic. Not doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

I was hoping he was would continue his shape from last season...its not happened. I'm debating whether to take him out for Di Maria or to wait another week...

ReputationRep:
    done my change for the week.. just a differnt goal keeper so that I do not double on southampton players..

Hmm, just choosing my midfield now,

Need to pick 4, from:

Sanchez, stirling, siggy, chadli, di maria..

ReputationRep:
    also.. not a chance I am captaining costa against arsenal.. no matter how many points I loose..

So my choices are:

Pelle.. not a great fixture..
    Welbeck.. awful fixture..
    Di maria.. let me down last week..
    Sanchez.. awful fixture..

Or someone more risky..

Hmm.. Wish I had aguaro, would captain him, and hope they follow arsenal and chelsea and get a decent haul against villa..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.