23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Right, I get it now. Thank you.
    Would you say a score of 690 would be competitive for an international student here?
    Also, which other unis would you suggest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem x
    Honestly, i dont know enough about the process for international students so i wouldnt say my advice is anything to go by! However, based on a uk student, that ukcat is good!
    What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    No problem x
    Honestly, i dont know enough about the process for international students so i wouldnt say my advice is anything to go by! However, based on a uk student, that ukcat is good!
    What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking Kings, Newcastle, St. George's and Birmingham.
    Hey, thank you for your reply.
    I do have very good grades ( 10th standard marks that are the GCSE equivalent) that they say compensate for a lower UKCAT score on their website. They (Birmingham and Kings) want 85+ marks in maths and science and I had scored 97 in maths and 93 in Science. I have 81 hours of work experience. I've also volunteered at a couple of places and I'm also going to start working with an NGO for children very soon.
    My only worry is that the competition for international students is all the more tight. So I want to make sure that I do stand a good chance at the unis I apply to.
    You think this is good enough?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking Kings, Newcastle, St. George's and Birmingham.
    Hey, thank you for your reply.
    I do have very good grades ( 10th standard marks that are the GCSE equivalent) that they say compensate for a lower UKCAT score on their website. They (Birmingham and Kings) want 85+ marks in maths and science and I had scored 97 in maths and 93 in Science. I have 81 hours of work experience. I've also volunteered at a couple of places and I'm also going to start working with an NGO for children very soon.
    My only worry is that the competition for international students is all the more tight. So I want to make sure that I do stand a good chance at the unis I apply to.
    You think this is good enough?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are your alevels grades? Because kings are very picky with that and the ukcat x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    What are your alevels grades? Because kings are very picky with that and the ukcat x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We don't have A level per say. We have 12th grade finals but those will take place in March next year. So my offer will be based on the 10th grade marks and the UKCAT.
    Is my UKCAT good enough for Kings and Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I heard someone say that they're worried about the interview at St. George's. Does anyone know why that is? Don't all the unis rely on the interview to give out offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's because St Georges interview a lot of people and they're known to be quite difficult (they use MMIs)

ReputationRep:
    We don't have A level per say. We have 12th grade finals but those will take place in March next year. So my offer will be based on the 10th grade marks and the UKCAT.
    Is my UKCAT good enough for Kings and Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not too sure about Newcastle, ive never really searched that med school up! But with Kings, they do always want a high ukcat and ive always thought high 600 or above is good enough but some people think you have to have a ukcat in the 700s. But they use grades aswell, so if your ukact is higher your grades are considered less and if your grades are great the ukcat is considered less x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    Not too sure about Newcastle, ive never really searched that med school up! But with Kings, they do always want a high ukcat and ive always thought high 600 or above is good enough but some people think you have to have a ukcat in the 700s. But they use grades aswell, so if your ukact is higher your grades are considered less and if your grades are great the ukcat is considered less x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I plan on applying to this university with the following stats
    My UKCAT score average is VR - 600, QR - 750, AR - 620, DA - 670, SJT - Band 1, which gives an average of 660.
    I got 6A*s and 2As in my IGCSE A*s in 3 Sciences, Maths, ICT, Accounting As in Economics and English
    I have 90% UMS in 3 of my AS levels - Biology, Maths and Physics 87% UMS in Chemistry So my predicted is all 3A*s 1A.
    Do you think its a good idea to apply? Which other universities would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_1111)
    I think your stats are too good for St Georges! I would look at Cardiff, Glasgow, Hull/York, Brighton and Sussex and maybe Exeter, have you thought about doing the BMAT? It be a good idea to look at UCL/ Oxbridge/ Imperial especially with your AS'
    Not to be too critical about what you said, but are you sure that my stats are too good? Ive been looking at Exeter, Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham threads, and they all seem to have UKCAT scores well above 700

ReputationRep:
    I think your stats are too good for St Georges! I would look at Cardiff, Glasgow, Hull/York, Brighton and Sussex and maybe Exeter, have you thought about doing the BMAT? It be a good idea to look at UCL/ Oxbridge/ Imperial especially with your AS'
    "too good"?

ReputationRep:
    'too good' ... then recommends BMAT unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uptownfunk)
    I plan on applying to this university with the following stats
    My UKCAT score average is VR - 600, QR - 750, AR - 620, DA - 670, SJT - Band 1, which gives an average of 660.
    I got 6A*s and 2As in my IGCSE A*s in 3 Sciences, Maths, ICT, Accounting As in Economics and English
    I have 90% UMS in 3 of my AS levels - Biology, Maths and Physics 87% UMS in Chemistry So my predicted is all 3A*s 1A.
    Do you think its a good idea to apply? Which other universities would you suggest?
    Hi. We have similar stats which other unis are you considering.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether I stand a chance or not if I am going to apply St. George...
    I got 6A* 3A 1B in GCSEs, scoring B in English Language
    I got AACC in my AS Maths Physics Chemistry and Biology I am very sure this is not my potential so I am going to resit 1 module from each of Biology and Chemistry. My teachers believe that this is not part of my usual performance and so they are very likely to predict me AAAB as I continue 4 A2 this year.
    I got 722.5 (2890) in my UKCAT, where SJT is Band 2.
    I have got no work experience in medical field but have been working in a community centre during the summer and mentioned the fact that I have already applied to the work experience in an NHS hospital in my PS.
    Do you guys think that I stand any chance of receiving an interview from St. George? Thanks for helping!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rampage)
    'too good' ... then recommends BMAT unis
    as in their AS results would work in their favour for BMAT unis like Cambridge or UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funky386)
    Hi if this is a medicine forum I guess people are studying a level chem. Plleeeeasse can some one help I'm really stuck on this question?!

It says the following equation is not balanced:
    MgI2(s) + Fe3+(aq) --> Mg2+(aq) + I2(s) + Fe2+(aq)

How is this unbalanced and what is the balanced equation?

Thanks in advance!!xx
    just add 2 in front Fe3+ and Fe2+

It's unbalanced as the charges are not equal on both sides...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddiejs)
    Not sure whether I stand a chance or not if I am going to apply St. George...
    I got 6A* 3A 1B in GCSEs, scoring B in English Language
    I got AACC in my AS Maths Physics Chemistry and Biology I am very sure this is not my potential so I am going to resit 1 module from each of Biology and Chemistry. My teachers believe that this is not part of my usual performance and so they are very likely to predict me AAAB as I continue 4 A2 this year.
    I got 722.5 (2890) in my UKCAT, where SJT is Band 2.
    I have got no work experience in medical field but have been working in a community centre during the summer and mentioned the fact that I have already applied to the work experience in an NHS hospital in my PS.
    Do you guys think that I stand any chance of receiving an interview from St. George? Thanks for helping!!!!
    If each sub section is over 500, then yeah you'd be pretty much set for an interview

ReputationRep:
    I met the UKCAT section requirements for St George's but I got 2600 overall score (650 average). Is it risky to apply this year with that score? Please quote me if u reply

ReputationRep:
    Between which months does St Georges interview their applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    Between which months does St Georges interview their applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    December till April

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for St Georges interview? They have MMIs x thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for st georges it says that you have to score a minimum of 500 in each section but then that the total overall cut off score will be published in November. does this mean everyone with a score above 500 in each section has an interview? slightly confused, thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.