Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Candidates who are pooled are most likely still under consideration against applicants being reinterviewed. My brother stewed in the pool for two weeks before his rejection. These people will have to wait at most half of that. Cambridge has hard choices to make either you want them to be blasé or careful, dont be so entitled. The pool hasn't been extended as people in the pool still are only being looked at by a single (id guess their original) college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't understand how it works though if someone has been fished by a college how can they not know which college? Surely a college fished them

(Original post by TVIO)
    I'm not sure any more. My mind is completely frazzled with stress again. That unnatural calm from earlier has disappeared to be replaced with terror, anxiety and mild nausea.
    Just chuck on some music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Yes - in that case if you got an open offer it would be unconditional, so you'd be guaranteed a place, but the college would not be decided until August. You would take precedence over anyone who missed their offer.
    Thanks for the clarification. I know it's no guarantee of what's happened but it's good to hear something from someone that knows what they may be talking about.

I just don't want to wait anymore... It's been so damn long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Emmanuel College, Economics, A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I knew you and tom would do it. Well done guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone added themselves to the cambridge offer holders group 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    So basically we now have to wait till the end of January to find out about our fates. :bawling:
    I'm sure you will hear sooner than that.

(Original post by Fawkesgirl33)
    Does anyone know when you find out which college you've been pooled to?
    Your letter from your preference college will state whether you were pooled and fished out. If you were fished out, the fishing college should be in touch with you in the next couple of working days. As I understand it, the letter from your preference college won't say which college fished you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Pool interviews have a 40+% success rate this means as you are under the same consideration based off you're original performance you also have this success rate. This means that your chances of an offer since discovering you were pooled have increased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for posting this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I don't understand how it works though if someone has been fished by a college how can they not know which college? Surely a college fished them

Just chuck on some music
    Decided to watch the IT crowd. I've never watched it before and it's funny enough to be totally distracting (at least for a few minutes at a time which is about as much as I can hope for)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    I've been accepted to study Philosophy at Christ' College Cambridge! I'm so pleased!
    Yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Paradoxical me check your email! :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    I've been accepted to study Philosophy at Christ' College Cambridge! I'm so pleased!
    CONGRATS!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifleboy123)
    Good luck to both of you! I was feeling the exact same waiting for Oxford on Wednesday :3 Whatever the outcome, you'll be at a leading university and have every chance of success

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Congrats on your Oxford offer. Have you decided to firm them or is there a chance we'll meet at Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daphinator)
    Murray Edwards is supposed to send out emails on the 10th. I think this is for all applicants, not just internationals.
    Murray Edwards will send the decision letter via email if you get in touch with them to request it, but there is no blanket policy with regards to sending letters out via email to applicants. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Are we still in contention?
    Bio and Phys are dealt with separately, aren't they? So we're not in competition? (Not that I'd stand much chance against you )
    I think the post is delivered from 12 - 1 so I've still got a bit of a wait either way..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when reinterviewees will hear, or is it just up to the college we're being interviewed by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaia)
    Hey Jesus Applicant as well, does that apply to internationals only? Also did they want the request sent before today?
    Hey! I don't really know.. I think u cld email them with ur name n UCAS ID n request for the decision in email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatacrydonnie)
    Bio and Phys are dealt with separately, aren't they? So we're not in competition? (Not that I'd stand much chance against you )
    I think the post is delivered from 12 - 1 so I've still got a bit of a wait either way..
    I meant contention as in have a chance :lol: Not competition sorry didn't mean it like that

Pretty sure it's just NatSci as a whole though!

:gah:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how it works though if someone has been fished by a college how can they not know which college? Surely a college fished them.
    The system has changed.

Previously you would be pooled first then called for an interview or not. There were then 4 options offer from new interview offer from new college offer from old college offer from old college after they've reinterviewed.

The two middle options now come with the letter the first and last have to wait until the interviews are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, can I ask for some advice? I got an email from the college I applied to, but I don't really understand what my applicant status is...

"We have now considered your application for admission to read for a BA Honours Degree in History. I am sorry to tell you that, because of the strong competition this year, we are not able to offer you a place. However, your application was placed in the Inter-Collegiate Pool where it was available for consideration by all the other Cambridge colleges.

I am pleased to advise you that your application remains of interest to other Colleges and you will be contacted shortly (if you have not already heard from them). If you are invited for interview, you will be advised of the final outcome of your application, as soon as possible once the Winter Pool interviews are complete."

I'm international, so I can't be invited for interview, plus i thought the re-interviews had already taken place?

ReputationRep:
    Any news from Fitzwilliam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esr33)
    Murray Edwards will send the decision letter via email if you get in touch with them to request it, but there is no blanket policy with regards to sending letters out via email to applicants. Hope that helps!
    How do I get in touch with them? Should I send an email? I live outside uk and the letter will take 7-10 days to arrive I think if it doesn't get lost

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.