Lancaster uni vs Newcastle uni vs University of Birmingham
Miiah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tumbledry)
SOAS or Queen Mary?
Having visited both, I can 100% recommend you choose SOAS. The atmosphere there is very stimulating as the student community is highly multicultural and politically aware on a global scale. Additionally, being located more centrally is also a plus, especially because the QM Law Department is by a graveyard which may be slightly depressing at times.. Both are good universities though, so well done for your offers!
baldyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my offers are:

Exeter AAB
Bristol AAA
KCL A*AA

cant decide which one to firm and which one to make my insurance (predicted A*AA)
IDKY
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by baldyy)
my offers are:

Exeter AAB
Bristol AAA
KCL A*AA

cant decide which one to firm and which one to make my insurance (predicted A*AA)
and your LNAT was?
Miiah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
UCL or LSE & why?
xAssassin786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 4/5 offers for Law... Hoping for the University of Nottingham. If I get rejected I'll firm University of Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xAssassin786)
I got 4/5 offers for Law... Hoping for the University of Nottingham. If I get rejected I'll firm University of Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
hows the community in birmingham like? is it culturally diverse or is it an enclave of sorts?
xAssassin786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
hows the community in birmingham like? is it culturally diverse or is it an enclave of sorts?
I think it's culturally diverse, if you're talking about the university as a whole. The city well.... Some parts of the city are filled with more ethnic races than others. I know a few areas where there were only Asians everywhere. Places like the area where the University is, it is more diverse. Egbaston is a really good area. I don't know the atmosphere of the university yet as I still need to go to visit it on the 9th of March. I've researched the university and have visited the city many times. Feel free to ask more questions.
lovecathy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Firmed LSE today with UCL as insurance.

Had another offer from Warwick, withdrew from Edinburgh and got rejected by Oxford
xAssassin786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lovecathy)

Had another offer from Warwick, withdrew from Edinburgh and got rejected by Oxford
Congratulations on your offers!!! Good luck for your exams!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lovecathy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congratulations on your offers!!! Good luck for your exams!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!! Good luck to you too!
hannahralston
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Two offers so far, Law at Strathclyde University and Law with English Law at Aberdeen University can't wait to get the rest of my replies!
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Don't they have the same offer for those taking A-levels? (Or are you doing another examination? )
KRowland
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can I ask anyone from Durham uni a few questions??
xAssassin786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks!! Good luck to you too!
Hopefully we all do really well and get our first choice!!! After all we are future potential solicitors and barristers

Posted from TSR Mobile
lovecathy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JohnGreek)
Don't they have the same offer for those taking A-levels? (Or are you doing another examination? )
yeah, it's A*AA for both of them so I'm not expecting to get into UCL if I don't make my LSE offer.
I just wanted to add an insurance anyway and really don't like Warwick

Hopefully we all do really well and get our first choice!!! After all we are future potential solicitors and barristers

Posted from TSR Mobile
very true!! (:
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by baldyy)
my offers are:

Exeter AAB
Bristol AAA
KCL A*AA

Bristol Firm, Exeter Insurance? No stress on exams, easier Results Day, and both great Uni cities that wont cost you as much as living in London. But, ultimately only you can decide.
fckinfightme
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by beewilde)
Has anybody besides the two above gotten offers from Bristol today? I haven't heard from them and now the increase in people getting offers at this time is making me anxious.
I applied in early November and still haven't heard back. I'm super worried too as I'd hoped to make it my insurance. Good luck
dodo15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fckinfightme)
I applied in early November and still haven't heard back. I'm super worried too as I'd hoped to make it my insurance. Good luck
I still haven't heard either and I applied in October getting really worried now! Good luck both of you
dfradkin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can anyone please write a somewhat comprehensive reply to this: Bristol vs KCL? I got rejected from the latter and now completely disappointed to the extent of considering a gap year. I have an offer from Bristol but I just don't see myself there, while I was absolutely set on KCL.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (301)
92.05%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (26)
7.95%

Watched Threads