Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster uni vs Newcastle uni vs University of Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumbledry)
    SOAS or Queen Mary?
    Having visited both, I can 100% recommend you choose SOAS. The atmosphere there is very stimulating as the student community is highly multicultural and politically aware on a global scale. Additionally, being located more centrally is also a plus, especially because the QM Law Department is by a graveyard which may be slightly depressing at times.. Both are good universities though, so well done for your offers!

ReputationRep:
    my offers are:

Exeter AAB
    Bristol AAA
    KCL A*AA

cant decide which one to firm and which one to make my insurance (predicted A*AA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baldyy)
    my offers are:

Exeter AAB
    Bristol AAA
    KCL A*AA

cant decide which one to firm and which one to make my insurance (predicted A*AA)
    and your LNAT was?

ReputationRep:
    UCL or LSE & why?

ReputationRep:
    I got 4/5 offers for Law... Hoping for the University of Nottingham. If I get rejected I'll firm University of Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by xAssassin786)
    I got 4/5 offers for Law... Hoping for the University of Nottingham. If I get rejected I'll firm University of Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hows the community in birmingham like? is it culturally diverse or is it an enclave of sorts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    hows the community in birmingham like? is it culturally diverse or is it an enclave of sorts?
    I think it's culturally diverse, if you're talking about the university as a whole. The city well.... Some parts of the city are filled with more ethnic races than others. I know a few areas where there were only Asians everywhere. Places like the area where the University is, it is more diverse. Egbaston is a really good area. I don't know the atmosphere of the university yet as I still need to go to visit it on the 9th of March. I've researched the university and have visited the city many times. Feel free to ask more questions.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed LSE today with UCL as insurance.

Had another offer from Warwick, withdrew from Edinburgh and got rejected by Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecathy)

Had another offer from Warwick, withdrew from Edinburgh and got rejected by Oxford
    Congratulations on your offers!!! Good luck for your exams!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offers!!! Good luck for your exams!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!! Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Two offers so far, Law at Strathclyde University and Law with English Law at Aberdeen University can't wait to get the rest of my replies!

ReputationRep:

Don't they have the same offer for those taking A-levels? (Or are you doing another examination? )

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask anyone from Durham uni a few questions??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! Good luck to you too!
    Hopefully we all do really well and get our first choice!!! After all we are future potential solicitors and barristers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Don't they have the same offer for those taking A-levels? (Or are you doing another examination? )
    yeah, it's A*AA for both of them so I'm not expecting to get into UCL if I don't make my LSE offer.
    I just wanted to add an insurance anyway and really don't like Warwick

Hopefully we all do really well and get our first choice!!! After all we are future potential solicitors and barristers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    very true!! (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baldyy)
    my offers are:

Exeter AAB
    Bristol AAA
    KCL A*AA

Bristol Firm, Exeter Insurance? No stress on exams, easier Results Day, and both great Uni cities that wont cost you as much as living in London. But, ultimately only you can decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beewilde)
    Has anybody besides the two above gotten offers from Bristol today? I haven't heard from them and now the increase in people getting offers at this time is making me anxious.
    I applied in early November and still haven't heard back. I'm super worried too as I'd hoped to make it my insurance. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fckinfightme)
    I applied in early November and still haven't heard back. I'm super worried too as I'd hoped to make it my insurance. Good luck
    I still haven't heard either and I applied in October getting really worried now! Good luck both of you

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please write a somewhat comprehensive reply to this: Bristol vs KCL? I got rejected from the latter and now completely disappointed to the extent of considering a gap year. I have an offer from Bristol but I just don't see myself there, while I was absolutely set on KCL.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.