Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how different were your scores in the real thing compared to mocks on medify? was there a big difference? mine is tomorrow and i just got average 653...

ReputationRep:
    Did my UKCAT today, quite happy with the results bar the VR, I didn't usually get the band 1 in mocks. QR was a bit easier than mocks but the time pressure got to me a bit. AR was around the same as the mocks, maybe a bit easier too.

VR-580
    QR-750
    AR-720
    SJT-Band 1

ReputationRep:
    Results
    VR:600
    QR:750
    AR:630
    Sjt:Band 3
    Average : 660

Are these results worth applying?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    well, based on the feedback from friends that have done the exam already. Vr is longer than medify probably about 5 paragraphs of 4-5 lines so be prepared for that. QR is much easier in the real exam i have been told and in general people tend to get a lot higher in the real exam than in the practice, everything else on medify is pretty much the same ( AR and SJ). I hope that is helpful.
    Good luck! Let me know how you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biojay_)
    Done my ukcat today.
    Vr: 630
    Qr: 710
    Ar: 540
    Sj band 1

Wasn't too bad except for abstract reasoning I was given all type 2/3 and one or two type 1+4 Qs which I felt was very unfair but what can you do.
    Is QR as easy as everyone's making it out to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpal10)
    Did my UKCAT today, quite happy with the results bar the VR, I didn't usually get the band 1 in mocks. QR was a bit easier than mocks but the time pressure got to me a bit. AR was around the same as the mocks, maybe a bit easier too.

VR-580
    QR-750
    AR-720
    SJT-Band 1
    Amazing result! what were u scoring in mocks and i dont know how to not fail in VR considering how hard everyone is saying it is i can only just get 630 in practice!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, does the mark for Decision making appear on the result sheet in 2016?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz16)
    hi guys, does the mark for Decision making appear on the result sheet in 2016?
    No. Neither you nor the university will get your result for it.

ReputationRep:
    In AR, was there a type of question out of the four that was more prevelant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    Amazing result! what were u scoring in mocks and i dont know how to not fail in VR considering how hard everyone is saying it is i can only just get 630 in practice!
    I think the highest I've scored in the mocks is 667 avg, my highest score for any section was 750.

VR scores fluctuated in the mocks I did - I think my highest was 33/44 and in mock C I got 709, honestly in the real thing I couldn't wait for it to be over. I'd advise to just get familiar with the walls of text and keep a steady pace. The passages weren't necessarily longer but you need a lot of practice.

QR I found the first few sets to be easy but then a couple of hard sets in a row I had to guess. AR was pretty good throughout, I probably made some silly mistakes though. SJT had clear cut answers on par with medify, they weren't as 'ethically sensitive' as the ISC 1000 questions book that I practiced with.

GL!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Did my ukcat and I really regret it now ughh
    AR - 650
    QR - 680
    VR - 500
    Average : 610
    Which unis can I possibly apply for now fgs?
    I was thinking of barts, Newcastle, Imperial and Southampton
    Any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abubakr 7232)
    Hi,
    AR - 650
    QR - 680
    VR - 500
    Any chance?
    As far as I know, Barts, Newcastle, and Southampton are all quite UKCAT heavy so you may have to research some alternative choices. I think there is a spreadsheet detailing how each med school use the UKCAT. Barts may be an option if you have stellar academics as they use 50:50 UKCAT and UCAS tariff.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi,
    AR - 650
    QR - 680
    VR - 500
    Any chance?
    Applying to barts, Newcastle and southampton with a 610 will most likely mean a rejection I am afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. I will be doing my UKCAT soon. Just wanted to know if the AR is similar to 600 book. Because Once you do the practice ones the mock AR is really easy. So is the real AR similar level as the 600Q book. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    AR - 650
    QR - 680
    VR - 500
    Any chance?
    Why do u regret it, if u did lots of prep then u did ur best and so you couldnt have done any more from delaying it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Applying to barts, Newcastle and southampton with a 610 will most likely mean a rejection I am afraid.
    Barts requires ukcat score to be in 3rd or higher decile. 3rd decile is quite a low requirement in itself isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm taking my ukcat tomorrow and had a quick question for anyone who's done it,
    what is the on screen calculator like in the exam, is it like the medify one or the official mock paper calculator.

I know its not a big deal but the fact that the calc in the official mock always disappears when you click away or chang page is super frustrating!!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think the highest I've scored in the mocks is 667 avg, my highest score for any section was 750.

VR scores fluctuated in the mocks I did - I think my highest was 33/44 and in mock C I got 709, honestly in the real thing I couldn't wait for it to be over. I'd advise to just get familiar with the walls of text and keep a steady pace. The passages weren't necessarily longer but you need a lot of practice.

QR I found the first few sets to be easy but then a couple of hard sets in a row I had to guess. AR was pretty good throughout, I probably made some silly mistakes though. SJT had clear cut answers on par with medify, they weren't as 'ethically sensitive' as the ISC 1000 questions book that I practiced with.

GL!
    What was your score?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Barts requires ukcat score to be in 3rd or higher decile. 3rd decile is quite a low requirement in itself isn't it?
    Yes but with medicine what you have to understand is a requirement and what is likely to get an interview is very different. Barts wont accept anyone below the 3rd decile, they then use the ucas tarriff score combined 50:50 with the UKCAT score and the highest scorers get invited to interview, this means a score above the 3rd decile may not neccesarily mean an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Yes but with medicine what you have to understand is a requirement and what is likely to get an interview is very different. Barts wont accept anyone below the 3rd decile, they then use the ucas tarriff score combined 50:50 with the UKCAT score and the highest scorers get invited to interview, this means a score above the 3rd decile may not neccesarily mean an interview.
    Ahh, yes I get what you mean, it really is super competitive

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.