Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking someone posted on here saying 15nbs will let us know tomorrow? I am on a 15 hour flight with no wifi tomorrow so it's going to be a long, anxious time for me!

ReputationRep:
    Very useful, SevenAteNine - thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filthynines)
    Can anybody shed any light on popular current legal affairs topics discussed at interviews this year? I'm thinking:

- Anonymity of those accused of sexual offences
    - Rights and wrongs of the High Court's judgment on the "absence from school for family holidays" case

And then my mind goes a little blank.
    I had a question regarding the prosecution of elderly people for historic sex offences. All the rest have been covered above I think...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Does anyone have any experience of the format of a St John's Buildings (Manchester) second round interview? I have been asked to arrive 45 minutes early so I am assuming I will be asked to do some form of advocacy exercise. Just wanted to check if anyone has ever had a second round interview with them.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    9BR 2nd rounds out via email.

ReputationRep:
    1COR (London) post-first round rejections out by GW/email - congrats to all those with happier news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupillageAhh)
    Anyone heard from No5 post 2nd round?
    Nothing for me yet either. Do you think they will wait until 1st August to let us know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupillageTrail)
    Nothing for me yet either. Do you think they will wait until 1st August to let us know?
    I think they make offers and rejections in August.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any experience with first round interviews at 3 temple gardens? I have an interview there tomorrow and id be really grateful for any advice! x

ReputationRep:
    I'VE BEEN OFFERED PUPILLAGE! FINALLY! (From a set outside the gateway) There is light at the end of the tunnel folks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legallyblonder)
    I'VE BEEN OFFERED PUPILLAGE! FINALLY! (From a set outside the gateway) There is light at the end of the tunnel folks!!!
    Well done! Please will you let us know where, so the rest of us can be put out of our rejection waiting misery.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone let me know their pupilage stats e.g. applied for, got to first round, got to second round, offers etc? First year applying and honestly a little be disheartened by the rejections...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawatoxbridge)
    Could anyone let me know their pupilage stats e.g. applied for, got to first round, got to second round, offers etc? First year applying and honestly a little be disheartened by the rejections...
    Don't be disheartened! Last year was my first time applying, which was my BPTC year I got nothing but rejections both on and off the gateway, I was SO DEPRESSED and felt like giving up but don't!!!

This year I have had 1 first round off the gateway and 3 off the gateway! And I still have 3 places to hear back from! So do not loose hope! If you're like me last year and are on your BPTC year often the reason you're not getting interviews is because you don't score enough 'points' on either the education part (as you haven't got your bar results yet) or the 'experience' points bit, as they like people who have had experience actually working in the law e.g. paralegalling!

I know a person who did not get any interviews for 4 years! Then they got 10 first rounds and 9 second rounds in their 5th year of applying and got pupillage!

So do not give up hope especially when it's only your first year!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pre-BPTC and I've received 8 first rounds off gateway (20 applications) and 0 on gateway (12 applications) with 4 sets to hear back from (2 gateway, 2 non-gateway). No second rounds so far which is starting to give me a bit of a complex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still no news regarding:
    1 Pump Court
    4 Brick Court
    New Court

?

Does anybody know whether these sets tend to interview on weekdays or weekends?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIE2013)
    Still no news regarding:
    1 Pump Court
    4 Brick Court
    New Court

?

Does anybody know whether these sets tend to interview on weekdays or weekends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still nothing from 1 Pump Court for me! Can't help with the others I'm afraid. Also waiting on Farringdon, 15NBS and Nexus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawperson)
    Hi, has anyone heard from Staple Inn or 2 New Street?
    Nope - still waiting for Staple Inn and 15NBS

ReputationRep:
    It's my first time applying too, and I did the BPTC this year so hopefully am finished it pending results. I applied to 11 this year in the GW and 1 outside - lesson learned to apply to a lot more next time! I was rejected from my one outside the GW. I've been rejected from 7 in the GW, had one first round and waiting to hear if I made it to the second round, and am still waiting on 1PC, Blackfriars, and Wilberforce.

It is really disheartening. Fingers crossed that things look up for you, this time or next.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year applying too, in the first year of a part time BPTC. I applied to roughly 20 sets altogether (the full 12 on gateway and around 8 off). I got 1 interview for a gateway set and I am still waiting on 1 non gateway (Nexus) and 3 Gateway (New Court, Blackfriars and 15 Winckley Square). The constant rejections really get to you but I try to tell myself that its all part of the process and you only need that one set to like you!

ReputationRep:
    This is the first year I have applied for pupillage having just completed the GDL. I applied to 8 sets (5 Gateway, 3 Non-Gateway). I had first round interviews at 7 sets, second round interviews at 4 and I am still waiting to hear from the eighth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.