Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    Ah ok, do you know what role you will be doing?
    Hi Kim, im based in Bham and i got the contract for HO in E and C. i know my office isnt open until 8 which they trying to cha ge but those contracts are bog standard contracts to cover every possible outcome later for 2020. it all depends who u get as a manager and how supportive they are.

Anyone know more about the assessments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Fine; all multiple choice and I think it would be exceptionally rare for anyone to fail twice.
    That's great, makes me feel a bit less worried.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what is the pay date at HMRC?

ReputationRep:
    so has anybody been offered stratford yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Final working day of the month

ReputationRep:
    Guys, did you complete and send off your pension forms more or less straight away? I've received mine and I'd like some time to think over the options, however I wouldn't want this to delay my receiving a start date??

I feel like recieving your start date doesn't depend on this, but the way things are going I can't be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone started campaign 1666/16?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silas Greenback)
    Has anyone started campaign 1666/16?
    Still waiting for pre-employment checks, but only provided my documents on Wednesday last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    Still waiting for pre-employment checks, but only provided my documents on Wednesday last week.
    My pre employment checks took exactly 13 weeks.

On the 2066/15 campaign that closed last September (2015).

Just waiting for a start date. Just brace yourself for a power of waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)

I've been waiting since AC Feb 16 from TSP 15. Provisional offer August 24th. Asked to provide docs last week and they said formal offers should be imminent now. Based on the forums there is no rhyme nor reason as to the length of waits. All depends on location, original application stream, and which tranche you get placed in and which department you get assigned to. Yep, the wait has been fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    I've been waiting since AC Feb 16 from TSP 15. Provisional offer August 24th. Asked to provide docs last week and they said formal offers should be imminent now. Based on the forums there is no rhyme nor reason as to the length of waits. All depends on location, original application stream, and which tranche you get placed in and which department you get assigned to. Yep, the wait has been fun.
    I had my provisional offer just over a month ago and I've been up to HMRC in Parliament Street for an informal chat about the role. I completed and submitted the forms they required, gave them all the identification that they needed and a copy of my DBS. That was approximately two weeks ago.

I've been told that 6-8 after I hand my forms in is a good estimate of when I'd commence employment.

The wait is already killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Guys, did you complete and send off your pension forms more or less straight away? I've received mine and I'd like some time to think over the options, however I wouldn't want this to delay my receiving a start date??

I feel like recieving your start date doesn't depend on this, but the way things are going I can't be sure.
    I currently work for a different department within the civil service and we got (probably the same) pension application pack at the start. We all started on the intended date and pretty sure it made no difference to the start date. As far as I know the application goes off to the relevant scheme and only payroll are informed of this in order to redirect the deductions and employer's contribution.

On that note, a pension contribution is not even compulsory, so I think it's unlikely that HR will delay a start date if they don't receive it. You'd just be missing out on employer's conts until you apply for a pension scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo, anybody been offered anything in Stratford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ERush)

Same campaign here and still waiting for formal offer too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Last working day of the month

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a start date for December or January in Croydon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PabloPatron)
    Sooooo, anybody been offered anything in Stratford?
    I've been offered Stratford but no start date. Pre-employment passed 4 weeks ago. I'm from the Feb pool. Has anyone got a start date in stratford

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok..keep us updated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)

If you dont pick one you will automatically be placed in the basic civil service pension . I don't think you can opt out totally or loads of us would have done in recent years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeltaGuy)
    Hey guys. I have just got my DBS certificate in the post, do I need to send it to HMRC? It's clear obviously!
    Hey there, did you get a response re: this? I've got my DBS certificate but I don't know what to do with it so I've scanned it and sent it to the email address I have been given...but as usual...no response!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.