Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    i've been doing the biology since i last posted :coma: I need to get it done before monday :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Don't rush it, maybe sleep on it and see if a title pops into your mind by morning? You might even get a few ideas whilst sleeping. :yep:

But, but. Maths jokes pls :emo:
    It's okay, I think ...I've got it now. :indiff: XD Plus, I I don't want to get distracted by this again tomorrow. :mad:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    It's okay, I think ...I've got it now. :indiff: XD Plus, I I don't want to get distracted by this again tomorrow. :mad:

:lol:
    Is tomorrow your last day of no school? :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Is tomorrow your last day of no school? :eek4:
    Yes! I don't want to go back. :rofl: What about you? Well, I saw above that you said you don't actually go to school? That must feel so good sometimes. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I don't want to go back. :rofl: What about you? Well, I saw above that you said you don't actually go to school? That must feel so good sometimes. :moon:
    I can imagine. What have you got planned for the last day of freedom? :lol: Yeaaah, I've got a horrible attitude so after a year or so of sixth form being bossed around and told what subjects to take or not I walked into the heads office, told him to stuff it and left. :rofl: I have zero discipline though. xD

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine. What have you got planned for the last day of freedom? :lol: Yeaaah, I've got a horrible attitude so after a year or so of sixth form being bossed around and told what subjects to take or not I walked into the heads office, told him to stuff it and left. :rofl: I have zero discipline though. xD
    Freedom? :indiff: Well, I am simply going to be doing homework- I have over 7 Maths past papers to complete and they take me really long anyway ..as well as this chemistry booklet thingy and this Biology essay that I haven't even made a plan for yet. ( I was supposed to do it yesterday but I can't remember what happened) I don't think I'm going to get it all done tbh or have time for any revision. :emo:
    Gosh, oh no. >.< I wouldn't have guessed that you were such a rebel. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Freedom? :indiff: Well, I am simply going to be doing homework- I have over 7 Maths past papers to complete and they take me really long anyway ..as well as this chemistry booklet thingy and this Biology essay that I haven't even made a plan for yet. ( I was supposed to do it yesterday but I can't remember what happened) I don't think I'm going to get it all done tbh or have time for any revision. :emo:
    Gosh, oh no. >.< I wouldn't have guessed that you were such a rebel. :lol:
    7... maths papers. What even. And that's coming from me. You're going to overwork yourself ffs! :no:

I have a bit of an authority problem, it's not a good thing. xD

ReputationRep:
    7... maths papers. What even. And that's coming from me. You're going to overwork yourself ffs! :no:

I have a bit of an authority problem, it's not a good thing. xD
    I know, she's actually, genuinely crazy. I take two hours to complete a single one.. That's like 14hrs.. just for maths. But I don't know what else to do. :no: I suppose it's my fault, I should've done it all earlier + more spreadout. I'll have to wake up early if I want to achieve anything tomorrow. Ew, 24hrs isn't enough. :cry:

Well, at least you're not there anymore.

Goodnight Zacken. :hugs:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Another all nighter doing art :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I know, she's actually, genuinely crazy. I take two hours to complete a single one.. That's like 14hrs.. just for maths. But I don't know what else to do. :no: I suppose it's my fault, I should've done it all earlier + more spreadout. I'll have to wake up early if I want to achieve anything tomorrow. Ew, 24hrs isn't enough. :cry:

Well, at least you're not there anymore.

Goodnight Zacken. :hugs:
    You should probably not do all of it tomorrow, it's crazy much. Tag/quote me if you need help with anything in it.

Night! LH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    How much art do you even do? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Completely feel you - with art I literally have no life whatsover, I don't have any spare time, not even to do casual art in a pocket sketchbook I enjoy ;o; Plus because of art I haven't even been able to revise once this easter! Worst thing was I left all my revision till easter and erm I'm dead. I start school on Monday - whilst everyone else has been revising and being productive PROCRASTINATION and ART are not a good mix, trust me -_- If there was a procrastination GCSE I would get full marks no joke.

I still haven't written out any notes for RE Mark's Gospel and Unit 2 Christianity (I don't have any from mocks either because I didn't bother revising for RE - explains why I got a C2), also no notes for History whatsoever, we haven't finished the Medicine topic so I'm using that as a pretty lame excuse, and no English Lit and Lang notes either - wow I'm completely dead. I also know none of the Latin Pliny or Aeneid (my Latin teacher's gonna kill me) and barely any of the A4O2 vocab. I'm also really dodgy on my sciences.

Of course I deserve no sympathy though because all this is completely my fault and omg I'm gonna have the worst results day in August.

Anyone else predicted A* grades for all subjects but have done no revision this easter and kind of freaking out? (Yes I'm up at 3am panicking on my last free night like I always do) And most importantly any advice for people like me who leave everything till the last minute?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    :lol: quite a lot it's cos i stayed up all night last night doing biology and need to focus on art again cos i'm gonna cry with stress otherwise acc that might just happen anyway :rofl:
    how come ur up late cute zacken? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :lol: quite a lot it's cos i stayed up all night last night doing biology and need to focus on art again cos i'm gonna cry with stress otherwise acc that might just happen anyway :rofl:
    Oh gosh, try not to get too stressed out. It always turns out fine. :yep:

how come ur up late cute zacken? :mmm:
    :rofl: I always sleep late. Bad habit. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed you're still up, how come? What time is it over there?

Its 3:00am UK & I'm still up studying until 6am (wasted most of time doing nothing but procrastinating until 11pm+) and then I got to be up 9:00am

Random question, how often do you repurchase printer ink? I'm asking as I'm running out from printing Maths + Physics past papers, mostly Maths as there are way more resources. Also, how much does it cost you per cartridges etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Just noticed you're still up, how come? What time is it over there?
    IT's 6, I've been distracted by youtube. :lol:

Its 3:00am UK & I'm still up studying until 6am (wasted most of time doing nothing but procrastinating until 11pm+) and then I got to be up 9:00am
    Not worth it, go to bed now mate.

Random question, how often do you repurchase printer ink? I'm asking as I'm running out from printing Maths + Physics past papers, mostly Maths as there are way more resources. Also, how much does it cost you per cartridges etc?
    I don't print anything, I read everything off my screen. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    IT's 6, I've been distracted by youtube. :lol:

Not worth it, go to bed now mate.

I don't print anything, I read everything off my screen. :yep:
    Ah, I've been distracted by youtube/emails/spotify/livestreams ... you name it

I'm still wide awake and alert probably due to a messed up sleep schedule like yourself Oh, what if you wanted to show a piece of work to someone but you didn't have your exact workings nor question paper along with it? I'm referring to a real life scenario not a scenario like TSR where you would just upload screenshots of your working and ask others for help but in a real life context.

ReputationRep:
    gonna be in sync with this timetable. currently doing chem, babies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    No worries, but you know that chem is my worst right now :lol:

First off, what spec are you following for chemistry? I believe most boards have more or less the same topics with slight differences.

Instead of making your own notes (which admittedly is a waste of time), try looking through the ones on Chemrevise - my teacher jokes that if more students found out about this site then he wouldn't have a job :lol: I've personally printed them out and compiled them into one huge A2 chemistry book and it's like my main reference notes.

The second thing I'll tell you is to be extremely confident in the more mathematical side of chem such as equilibrium, pH and molar calculations. Most students will be picking up these marks and you have to secure them in order to aim for a high grade. Adequate practice will pay off here.

Transition metals, organic chemistry and synthetic routes will need a really good understanding, but you will also start noticing that there are strict mark schemes for these questions, which bring me to probably the most important point - past papers. Make sure you do every past paper available to you, leaving the most recent ones as mocks. You will notice a in the kinds of questions they tend to ask. Definitely see what mistakes you're making and write all of them down in a notebook so that you don't make them again.

Now if only I could start following my own advice...
    Hey! Thank you so much for your advice!!:angel:

I do AQA for all my subjects.

Yes I have heard of chemrevise and I also printed myself some notes on redox equilibria and transition metals - but how silly of me that I made notes off them (basically copied it out :rofl:) and I didn't understand much of it. So I made notes off the textbook and then used the sheets. They are amazing!!!

For calculations, I did practise them at the start of the year so it seems fine - might brush up on the skills again.

Oooh and past papers :drool:. lol. I love them but I think it would be better to to grasp the content first - which, as you might now know, takes me ages. And there doesn't seem to be any condensed notes on bio anyways .

And all the best with your revision! :five: I'm sure we all can get thorough this. Lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks! :hugs:

I think in order to make notes fast you've got to be efficient. There are times when when I just accidentally daydream for ages whilst making them which means I'm working at a slower pace and spend way longer than I should. I also spend ages choosing which coloured fine liners/highlighters/pens I'm going to write in/use next. If by any chance you have this problem too, then perhaps you should set a 25 minute timer. - Work as fast and efficiently as possible during the period then take a 5/10 minute break and repeat until you've finished. Also, make sure that you've only got the things that you need on your desk. So, decide beforehand what you wish to use and if you choose a red, pink, blue pen then only have paper/textbooks and a red, pink and blue pen in front of you. That way you won't be wasting time rummaging through your pencil case etc + it may result in you completing everything at a faster rate? The lack of clutter will also help you to focus more. Are you listening to music alongside btw? If so, perhaps that's the factor which is causing your 'slow..ness' and maybe you should see if you work better without it?

Firstly, thanks for this detailed answer :angelwings:
    Secondly, what I've marked bold is what I probably do! Or else it wouldn't take me ages to make notes which I used to easily make before!! Guess need to try what you're telling me about - Pomodoro technique - heard quite a lot about it. And for chemistry we weren't given any booklets but I used to print them off and do it myself! My teacher focuses more on giving tests - which is good in itself. Guess I need to free myself from stress first and then focus on making notes.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.