Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reg1234567890)
    This is what I mean emphasis on cis I can't remember it asking about trans
    But how can you have cis without trans xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgates1)
    Peptide has been allowed in every mark scheme.
    Phew! ty ty

ReputationRep:
    I believe the answer to the first question of the F324 paper may be the first acid (stearic?)
    This was the only option which was clearly saturated. And as the textbook states on page 34 "saturated fats have been known for many years to increase the risk of heart disease by raising blood cholesterol levels."
    However technically if either of the other acids were trans fats then they would also be a risk factor so perhaps (optimistically) with the correct reasoning any answer could be feasible? Countering that I seem to remember the wording of the question being chose the option most likely.

Given the style of this question, the PLA stitches and others I would be surprised if the grade boundaries are dramatically high as these have caught many out, me included.

ReputationRep:
    Moving on to F325 now. What do you guys struggle with? I hate some of the buffer questions they thrown in sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    Moving on to F325 now. What do you guys struggle with? I hate some of the buffer questions they thrown in sometimes.
    I don't mind the buffer stuff, I find the fuel cell stuff difficult though. I still don't know what to put when they ask for an important difference between a fuel cell and a conventional battery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    Redox Titrations, the lovechild of Chemistry and Hitler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    I don't mind the buffer stuff, I find the fuel cell stuff difficult though. I still don't know what to put when they ask for an important difference between a fuel cell and a conventional battery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My go to answer has always been that a fuel cell requires a constant supply of both fuel and oxidant whereas a battery will provide electrical energy until the chemicals are used up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    My go to answer has always been that a fuel cell requires a constant supply of both fuel and oxidant whereas a battery will provide electrical energy until the chemicals are used up.
    Hey guys have you done the bredth in chemistry paper that isn't accessible by students but teachers have ?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me the link to the unofficial mark scheme if there is one please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Can someone give me the link to the unofficial mark scheme if there is one please.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...p=docslist_api

ReputationRep:
    Is the ch3-ch(oh)-ch-(ch3)2 the chain with the methyl group attached?
    Do you think this is the only isomer they would accept?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone did statistics 2
    Today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pezhman)
    Anyone did statistics 2
    Today?
    For Ocr Mei? If so, yes

ReputationRep:
    That should be fine, looking at the jan 2013 paper that is. HNO2 OR NaNO2 with (dil) HCl 
    < 10°C
    According to the markscheme for Q2, b) ii

(Original post by tammymxx)
    noo i forgot to mention HCl... just left it as HNo2 ... y oh y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    For Ocr Mei? If so, yes
    Yes .OCR MEI. How did u find the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the NMR table for the chemical shift values I wrote them as a range eg 0.9-2ppm, the ranges were all correct so will i get the marks or does it have to be discrete?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torty40)
    Guys for the NMR table for the chemical shift values I wrote them as a range eg 0.9-2ppm, the ranges were all correct so will i get the marks or does it have to be discrete?
    Pretty sure they allow ranges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torty40)
    I think ranges are fine, as long as they are correct. You may get +/- 0.1 leeway, but any more than that and it won't be accepted.

So glad there wasn't any reasoning questions or anything like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    F325 resources: http://www.chemhume.co.uk/ , https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web and machemguy on youtube. We can do it!

ReputationRep:
    Are there any specific redox titration examples we need to know or should we just know how they work?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.