Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the application process for a summer internship at JP and/or HSBC? Cant seem to find them anywhere

ReputationRep:
    SHL actually take the piss, what the hell are they doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    It is essentially a video interview, they use this instead of numerical tests.

Source: Blackrock HR

I cant recall how i did, i try to not be optimistic about these things, helps soften the blow when i get rejected haha, but from what I can remember, I managed to finish it, with only guessing 1 or 2 answers too. If we haven't got an automatic rejection already (i did mine around 2 weeks ago), surely we must have passed?
    I got the invite as well. How many questions do you guys got? I have webcam interview so only 2 questions?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Prepare the law suit now mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    A similar thing happened to me last year and I just took screenshots of the error messages and e-mailed it to the recruitment team. They kindly reset my tests.

ReputationRep:
    Guys do firms scan apps for plagiarism?
    My reason for asking is that I last year and progressed well with a bank, so am assuming my app answers were strong. I want to reuse them (beefed up of course) but I've created another account because my email address got hacked so I don't want the firm to see XX% similarity with another candidate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what do i do if my shl verbal test is just stuck on the loading screen - been like this for 10 mins.

ReputationRep:
    How long is the UBS numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    How long is the UBS numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    25min for 18q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    what do i do if my shl verbal test is just stuck on the loading screen - been like this for 10 mins.
    have you disabled pop-up blocker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Guys do firms scan apps for plagiarism?
    My reason for asking is that I last year and progressed well with a bank, so am assuming my app answers were strong. I want to reuse them (beefed up of course) but I've created another account because my email address got hacked so I don't want the firm to see XX% similarity with another candidate...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Contact HR and tell them you are applying with a different email address. They sometimes automatically reject multiple profiles. Depends on the bank though, some have new systems so your old profile will have been deleted anyway (BAML, Barclays, Citi etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****ed that Citi test. Reckon I got 10/12... That okay you reckon?

Its quite easy, don't know what everyone is complaining about lol. I missed two of the Qs because I made a mistake on my calculator. Wish I didn't have such sweaty fingers :L.

I reckon people in here will find it easy to get 12/12 ngl.

ReputationRep:
    Is UBS definitely just a numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    ****ed that Citi test. Reckon I got 10/12... That okay you reckon?

Its quite easy, don't know what everyone is complaining about lol. I missed two of the Qs because I made a mistake on my calculator. Wish I didn't have such sweaty fingers :L.

I reckon people in here will find it easy to get 12/12 ngl.
    looooooooooooooool 10/12 on talentQ is nowhere near '****ed'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    Is UBS definitely just a numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, 18 questions, 25 minutes - others are on the very first post

ReputationRep:
    Does Citi reject straight after the numerical test if you failed it? If not, after how much time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    looooooooooooooool 10/12 on talentQ is nowhere near '****ed'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was my first TalentQ ngl. But it seemed pretty easy to get 12/12. Tbh, thinking back on it I probably did half of it wrong as it was far too easy from what others have said.

We shall see. You started uni yet Prince? Looking forward to the fresher experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    That was my first TalentQ ngl. But it seemed pretty easy to get 12/12. Tbh, thinking back on it I probably did half of it wrong as it was far too easy from what others have said.

We shall see. You started uni yet Prince? Looking forward to the fresher experience?
    Fair, they usually suck. I remember doing one for an RBS thing and getting 80th percentile with 7/12 lol.

Next week, looking to get completely totalled for 10 days straight.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Contact HR and tell them you are applying with a different email address. They sometimes automatically reject multiple profiles. Depends on the bank though, some have new systems so your old profile will have been deleted anyway (BAML, Barclays, Citi etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know which banks specifically reject automatically for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Fair, they usually suck. I remember doing one for an RBS thing and getting 80th percentile with 7/12 lol.

Next week, looking to get completely totalled for 10 days straight.*
    Really? I can see why. Tbh ive always been good at mental arithmetic, so most things i can roughly calculate in my head. The only problem is the time limit per question and the number of different answers there are lol.

haha, I would expect nothing less! Just make sure you have the paracetamols ready with a permanent big bottle of water stationed by your bed xD.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.